Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #113
Extra Life 11/3/18
 
ExtremeGamer's Arena
 
OVR: 70
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 35,331
Blog Entries: 32
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Neither am I, the guy who actually made these rosters doesn't even post here! Kraw converts them from the PC to the XBox, and does a great job at it. Hell, I give a lot of credit to anyone who makes rosters, especially the NCAA ones and now the minor league ones. I don't have even half the time allotted in my life to do that, but they do, so good for them. I guess beggers can't be choosers, so I really have no ground to stand on with this. All I was saying is that I would love a roster set that is unedited with players named.
__________________

Mixer Stream



XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

ExtremeGamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #114
TNA & WWE thanks you
 
CWood2's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,002
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I agree with that, it is my choice, and I really have no right to be a critic on something that may not even happen with these rosters. For that, I apologize as it's not my place. I was only stating my feelings once it came out that these were edited, and I still have every right to stand by my decision. Goes for the 20 people wasting space to tell us not to use them, you're doing the same thing.
I respect that post EG.

Here's what everyone's forgetting. The no-name catcher on the Paw Sox, his attributes were not made with Kelly Shoppach (the real C) in mind. ONLY the top 100 are true to life, so some top prospects that aren't apart of that exclusive list DO NOT have their attributes reflective of who they are. These guys are going to fix that. Do you want the lead off hitter on your favorite Double A team to have 45 speed just because he wasn't created with the real player in mind? What if your top power hitter in your system who isn't a top tier prospect uses the drag bunt as his main weapon? Just because people are naming minor leaguers doesn't mean they'll play like them.

Don't let Gomer create this unnecessary sense of paranoia. GForce easily had the best rosters last season as Kraw said, and he did what they are doing now. And if career potential is editable, what kind of "hidden" attributes are you worried about? They're just giving minor league players an identity that EA did not, or fixing inaccurate pitches for a few major leaguers using certified scouting reports. There's too many people hating on these rosters based on one set from Gomer that were discarded by most of us when we saw them in action. If you still don't like the idea of editting ratings after this post, just go elsewhere...it minimizes all the hard work and all the people loving what it brings to MVP.
CWood2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:49 PM   #115
Extra Life 11/3/18
 
ExtremeGamer's Arena
 
OVR: 70
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 35,331
Blog Entries: 32
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
I respect that post EG.

Here's what everyone's forgetting. The no-name catcher on the Paw Sox, his attributes were not made with Kelly Shoppach (the real C) in mind. ONLY the top 100 are true to life, so some top prospects that aren't apart of that exclusive list DO NOT have their attributes reflective of who they are. These guys are going to fix that. Do you want the lead off hitter on your favorite Double A team to have 45 speed just because he wasn't created with the real player in mind? What if your top power hitter in your system who isn't a top tier prospect uses the drag bunt as his main weapon? Just because people are naming minor leaguers doesn't mean they'll play like them.

Don't let Gomer create this unnecessary sense of paranoia. GForce easily had the best rosters last season as Kraw said, and he did what they are doing now. And if career potential is editable, what kind of "hidden" attributes are you worried about? They're just giving minor league players an identity that EA did not, or fixing inaccurate pitches for a few major leaguers using certified scouting reports. There's too many people hating on these rosters based on one set from Gomer that were discarded by most of us when we saw them in action. If you still don't like the idea of editting ratings after this post, just go elsewhere...it minimizes all the hard work and all the people loving what it brings to MVP.
I have to agree with you, trust me, if not for Gomer last year, we would never be in this debate. And yes, he did leave a horrible taste in my mouth. Hey, if these rosters prove to be fantastic and no goofy bugs show up, I'll be the first to eat my words and say I was wrong.
__________________

Mixer Stream



XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

ExtremeGamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #116
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!
 
SidVish's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,816
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
I respect that post EG.

Here's what everyone's forgetting. The no-name catcher on the Paw Sox, his attributes were not made with Kelly Shoppach (the real C) in mind. ONLY the top 100 are true to life, so some top prospects that aren't apart of that exclusive list DO NOT have their attributes reflective of who they are. These guys are going to fix that. Do you want the lead off hitter on your favorite Double A team to have 45 speed just because he wasn't created with the real player in mind? What if your top power hitter in your system who isn't a top tier prospect uses the drag bunt as his main weapon? Just because people are naming minor leaguers doesn't mean they'll play like them.

Don't let Gomer create this unnecessary sense of paranoia. GForce easily had the best rosters last season as Kraw said, and he did what they are doing now. And if career potential is editable, what kind of "hidden" attributes are you worried about? They're just giving minor league players an identity that EA did not, or fixing inaccurate pitches for a few major leaguers using certified scouting reports. There's too many people hating on these rosters based on one set from Gomer that were discarded by most of us when we saw them in action. If you still don't like the idea of editting ratings after this post, just go elsewhere...it minimizes all the hard work and all the people loving what it brings to MVP.
Exactly.
SidVish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #117
Extra Life 11/3/18
 
ExtremeGamer's Arena
 
OVR: 70
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 35,331
Blog Entries: 32
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

I'll be honest with you though, I thought this was "NCAA Football" per say, where they were there, but under wrong names, if not, then I apologize.
__________________

Mixer Stream



XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

ExtremeGamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #118
TNA & WWE thanks you
 
CWood2's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,002
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I'll be honest with you though, I thought this was "NCAA Football" per say, where they were there, but under wrong names, if not, then I apologize.
Not really, because EA and even Baseball America can't predict what level these prospects will be playing at this year for certain...atleast at the time the rosters were finalized. So while a few guys might have a decent likeness, it's not the majority. Also, guys that are in the top 100 this year that just got drafted, like Niemann and Humber, were not even taken into consideration mainly because they all signed late. Only the top 100 in the game match up in terms of position, birth date, and a decent likeness. The rest are half-arsed at best and aren't a good reflection if not at all.

With college football, the rosters are fairly predictable after signing day, spring workouts, and the like.
CWood2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #119
Pro
 
dooch's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Hey man, if you want to edit YOUR rosters so you can use them in YOUR game, I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is someone editing rosters and then putting them up for thousands of people to download. If you want to change your Billy Koch, then have at it, but leave my Billy Koch alone.

Then again, who gives a $hit about Billy Koch enough to change him?

I'm sorry man, but if you're putting a roster set out that you WANT people to download, then you owe it to the thousands of people that download it to give them untouched ratings. It starts with editing Billy Koch's fastball, then the next thing you know some AA nobody is hitting 60 HR's because some hack went to 5th grade with him. It's just bad business. Look at the replies in this thread...people want untouched ratings. I've gotten pms from people saying they agree with me, but they don't want to post because they don't want to get flamed for having an opinion.
Goddamn Badgun, just shut the heck up, please! We had to listen to you bitch incessantly last year, and now you're starting fresh this year with the same crap. DON"T USE THEM! It's that simple. People who make the roster can do whatever the hell they please, because they're taking the time to make them.

Here's a thought - With all the bitching and complaining you do, you could have finished your own roster set by now. You claim you're in your mid-40's, yet you act like a 10 year old who won't get his way......
dooch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #120
Extra Life 11/3/18
 
ExtremeGamer's Arena
 
OVR: 70
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 35,331
Blog Entries: 32
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Then you are right, players will need to be edited. I knew that last year, and ended up editing my own guys. But I thought with all 3 levels and Baseball America, they were going to have the fake name status. But if not, then I'm wrong.
__________________

Mixer Stream



XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

ExtremeGamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.

Top -