Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #145
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
You know I never said these rosters were terrible and from what I can see player movement has been taken care of very well. What I said was editing existing players opens the door for potential abuse and other quirks down the road. There are only a few guys that I have ever seen that can resist playing God with ratings. And don't even begin to fool yourself that players for their favorite teams won't get the "special" treatment.

Fair enough. I agree with some of what you are saying. I just think alot of us are happy to have some kind of edited attributes, as we feel it might be more accurate and fun then the default rosters. If these roster creators continue or start to reveal their formula and it sounds solid and consistent enough that thats good for me. If it's not for you thats fine too. I just don't think its right to say we should leave them all untouched. Clearly this thread is about this particular edited roster. Hopefully this is squashed as everyone has made there point and this thread can go back to talking about these llcmac rosters and updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #146
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkrause
As the guy who originally jumped on you about it, i do see your general point. Obviously, players will be rerated based on the real player but since its fans of that team they might get special treatment. Unfortunately, i think this is where we as a community would be stuck. However i would rather have all of them named and just drop the potential, etc then not have them named.

It reminds me of this talk i had with a guy at work on Kentucky basketball players (born in Kentucky). He said two current high schoolers in Kentucky were better than LeBron. I said name the top five basketball players ever to come out of Kentucky (the State not the school). Out of his list- maybe one was better (Dan Issel we thought was born here). So one was maybe better in the history of the state but two were right now which is unlikely. Basically, the guy is a homer. Just like i am for the Green Bay Packers and many others are for whatever team they like.

Don
Issel was from Batavia,Illinois.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing the roster creators need to keep in mind is the progression aspect of it.

Just because a prospect is a stud in AA ball, don't give him a 90+ contact or power rate. If you do he'll end up at 100 in a year or two. Same with speed. Just because you think David Wright should be stealing 20 bases right now, don't go jacking his speed up to 80+ now. If you do that, he'll have a 100 speed in a few years - not even close to realistic.

The ratings should be dealt with very carefully and if you have a stud minor leaguer, show it in the star ratings. He'll progress from there.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #148
Rookie

Dkrause's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
Issel was from Batavia,Illinois.

Chalk another off the Kentucky list then

Don
Old 03-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #149
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Anyone been able to get the XBox rosters to load after dling them to the mem card and then copying to the HDD? I can't. I keep getting the unable to load message, and as the former roster forum admin, I know my way around ARs and such. I've tried using a MS mem card and the AR card, with and without the datel.xbx file, I've used WinRAR and extracted it just fine, but it won't read in MVP. It doesn't make sense, anyone got the XBox ones to work?
Old 03-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just a couple quick things I noticed with the rosters:

1) Matt Herges is not in the game(RP for the giants)
2) David Aardsma is a Relief Pitcher(Giants)

Good rosters though.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #151
P*ng

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Anyone been able to get the XBox rosters to load after dling them to the mem card and then copying to the HDD? I can't. I keep getting the unable to load message, and as the former roster forum admin, I know my way around ARs and such. I've tried using a MS mem card and the AR card, with and without the datel.xbx file, I've used WinRAR and extracted it just fine, but it won't read in MVP. It doesn't make sense, anyone got the XBox ones to work?
yes, they worked just fine for me....did the same thing as you, nothing special
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #152
Pro

OVR: 5

How does Mike Cameron have more power then Sammy Sosa???
this type of edits puzzle me because theres no way

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »