Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #377
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

and the drama continues.........lets grow up people. every year this board turns into drama bigger than 50 cent. it's a GAME either use the rosters or dont use the rosters.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 03-16-2005, 01:39 PM   #378
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Badgun, that long list of pitching changes was just a suggestion...I haven't seen them implemented thankfully. Giving Pedro a cutter instead of a slider, adding a sinker to Ryan Drese's arsenal, those are some changes. As far as all this "wierd stuff" happening, I've yet to see my game experience altered due to these rosters. Your concern may be valid, but if you're not using the rosters or going off second hand information, how are you an expert? Seeing one stooge last year screw up rosters really scarred you, huh?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:45 PM   #379
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Pretty much, but how does this make you feel?

or this?

or maybe this?

Of course I'm sure this post will be met by the usual "dude, if you can do better, make your own rosters then" or "dude, get off his back and give the guy props for all the time he's putting in" or some other as$kissing response about how hard this guy has worked on these rosters.

I just find it hilarious that 2 weeks ago he defended himself by saying they were not touching existing players' ratings, only changing minor leaguers to match up with their real life counterparts and now this. By the time these hacks get done, this roster's going to be a bigger mess than GomerPyle's from last year.

For one thing all of the pitchs have not been changed that was a list that someone posted on another forum that they beleived needed to be changed. Out of all of the response's in this thread none of them have been from the roster creators so i dont see how anyone said there would be no roster editing. I, and numerous others have been helping to create a roster set as close to accurate as possible, be that importing missing players, editing attributes to make players as close to real life a possible, and getting players on the right teams. I use these rosters and i have yet to see anything abnormal. Maybe the rosters that you are talking about from last year were all messed up because 2004 was buggy as hell but still a great game. Rest assured badgun that there is no "Prince Fielder favrotism" going on here. Maybe you should check out these rosters if you already havent im sure you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:44 PM   #380
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Badgun, that long list of pitching changes was just a suggestion...I haven't seen them implemented thankfully. Giving Pedro a cutter instead of a slider, adding a sinker to Ryan Drese's arsenal, those are some changes. As far as all this "wierd stuff" happening, I've yet to see my game experience altered due to these rosters. Your concern may be valid, but if you're not using the rosters or going off second hand information, how are you an expert? Seeing one stooge last year screw up rosters really scarred you, huh?
I'm not claiming to be an expert nor do I have these rosters, I was kindly pointing out that there are multiple posts where people claim that crazy things are happening with these rosters, which comes directly from people that haven't a clue what they are doing messing with ratings.

I also just find it hilarious that this guy justified messing with the minors ratings, but claimed NO EXISTING PLAYERS HAVE BEEN TOUCHED and now it appears that's not the case. It also appears that like our little friend Gomer from last year, these guys are fooling with pitch movements, adding and changing pitcher's arsenals, and who knows whatever else they are fooling with. My point from two weeks ago was that once people start messing with MVPEDIT for the pc, it's just too easy to go in and start messing with stuff. I'm sure they THINK they are improving the game, but I don't think they have a clue the strangeness that messing with stuff causes.

I'm still looking for a good set of rosters where NO RATINGS have been messed with...does such a thing exist?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:55 PM   #381
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusand13south
For one thing all of the pitchs have not been changed that was a list that someone posted on another forum that they beleived needed to be changed. Out of all of the response's in this thread none of them have been from the roster creators so i dont see how anyone said there would be no roster editing. I, and numerous others have been helping to create a roster set as close to accurate as possible, be that importing missing players, editing attributes to make players as close to real life a possible, and getting players on the right teams. I use these rosters and i have yet to see anything abnormal. Maybe the rosters that you are talking about from last year were all messed up because 2004 was buggy as hell but still a great game. Rest assured badgun that there is no "Prince Fielder favrotism" going on here. Maybe you should check out these rosters if you already havent im sure you will be pleasantly surprised.
I'm not trying to be confrontational so please don't take it that way, but what qualifies you or anyone else for that matter to make mass edits to player attributes? You use the line "to make players as close to real life as possible", but how do you know you're not messing them up? You guys do not know how EA did the ratings so there is no way you guys would know what to change and what not to change. Are these guys that are reporting weird things happening just imagining them? I just cut and pasted from 3 posts, so there's probably more people out there who are seeing things that haven't bothered to post.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash you guys, but my question is why mess with the major leaguers at all? I can understand editing the minors because you almost have to in order to get them accurate, but why fool with the majors and better still, why start messing with pitch movements and pitches? This is the very thing that screwed Gomer's rosters up last year. He didn't intend to screw stuff up, but it happened because he didn't know what he was doing. Slapping a name on the back of a jersey is one thing, but changing the way a guy's pitch moves can cause major problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 05:12 PM   #382
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusand13south
This was pulled from a post back on page 5 or so. I don't know who the guy was but he sounded like someone in the know:

Quote:
Guys, read the thread again. The ratings of existing MLB players are NOT being edited. New minor leaguers who are being added ARE having ratings created for them, since they are not in the game. IRL, Greinke does not throw a 50 MPH curve, so it was modified to a 62 MPH curve.
and again

Quote:
The changes to existing MLB players consists of uniform #, batting stance, delivery, etc.
I took that to mean that no major leaguers were being tampered with.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:22 PM   #383
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I'm not claiming to be an expert nor do I have these rosters, I was kindly pointing out that there are multiple posts where people claim that crazy things are happening with these rosters, which comes directly from people that haven't a clue what they are doing messing with ratings.

I also just find it hilarious that this guy justified messing with the minors ratings, but claimed NO EXISTING PLAYERS HAVE BEEN TOUCHED and now it appears that's not the case. It also appears that like our little friend Gomer from last year, these guys are fooling with pitch movements, adding and changing pitcher's arsenals, and who knows whatever else they are fooling with. My point from two weeks ago was that once people start messing with MVPEDIT for the pc, it's just too easy to go in and start messing with stuff. I'm sure they THINK they are improving the game, but I don't think they have a clue the strangeness that messing with stuff causes.

I'm still looking for a good set of rosters where NO RATINGS have been messed with...does such a thing exist?
At this point the "Online Base Roster" with the 100 prospects named is the best un-edited roster out.Remember,too,that EA will be doing updates like Madden.I'm probably gonna do my own minor leaguers because the PC edited stuff is already circling the drain...gotta love the Korean Barry Bonds.By the time Opening Day hits those rosters will be so badly screwed they'll be unplayable,like last years Gomer/Kerm stuff or the Total Minors stuff.

What people don't realize is that the game(at least the console versions) was simply not designed for the amount of changes implemented via the editor.Anyone who used the later versions of either of the above roster sets can attest to how out of whack the game played with entire teams of guys with 99 contact ratings and pitchers with 45 mph curveballs.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #384
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I can understand editing the minors because you almost have to in order to get them accurate, but why fool with the majors and better still, why start messing with pitch movements and pitches? This is the very thing that screwed Gomer's rosters up last year. He didn't intend to screw stuff up, but it happened because he didn't know what he was doing. Slapping a name on the back of a jersey is one thing, but changing the way a guy's pitch moves can cause major problems.
Because Ryan Drese's feature pitch is now the sinker, and he learned it in the offseason from Orel Hershiser - but it's not in the game. Personally, I would make a change like this myself and frankly did the research...conclusion, the movement and velocity was spot on. That's just an example. I had mentioned Pedro's cutter since he has never really thrown a slider. These are two important pitchers that EA managed to get wrong. Many more examples in terms of pitches, so that's why I support it. That long list you noted was misguided IMO and not taken seriously by the editors. Many people try to help, but only the cross-referenced and agreed upon suggestions are considered.

I'm glad you see the value in editing minor leaguers so that the name on the jersey matches the attributes. And I see what you're saying, attributes and ratings are subjective, so that's why they're using all the books and sources out there to even it out. The only major changes I see with major leaguers is their contracts, like Tim Hudson sporting the new extension with Atlanta which makes dynasty mode amazingly close to real life. MVPedit can do this, as well as making Pat Burrell not fat again for example since EA chunked him up!

As far as Gomer, he intentionally made Prince Fielder a god...and intentionally gave Halladay a little league palm ball. These guys actually fixed EA's mistake of making Shingo's change up waaaay too slow. Go to MVPmods, observe the suggestions and participate in the "checks and balances" that goes on like I do...it's a very nice contrast to your image of editors playing roster god. I've been very pleased so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »