Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-16-2005, 06:17 PM   #385
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
At this point the "Online Base Roster" with the 100 prospects named is the best un-edited roster out.Remember,too,that EA will be doing updates like Madden.I'm probably gonna do my own minor leaguers because the PC edited stuff is already circling the drain...gotta love the Korean Barry Bonds.By the time Opening Day hits those rosters will be so badly screwed they'll be unplayable,like last years Gomer/Kerm stuff or the Total Minors stuff.

What people don't realize is that the game(at least the console versions) was simply not designed for the amount of changes implemented via the editor.Anyone who used the later versions of either of the above roster sets can attest to how out of whack the game played with entire teams of guys with 99 contact ratings and pitchers with 45 mph curveballs.
You definetley hit a point there MvpEdit wasnt designed for the consoles
it was designed for the Pc which may seem similar at a glance but isnt. This roster set was created for the Pc and from the PC roster.

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 06:33 PM   #386
Rookie

Wilson10's Arena

OVR: 4

I can't vouch for all the problems but I can vouch for a few. 1 is that when ever I use the roster, when the baserunning menus are up the bases are NOT where they should be, OR the players are not where they should be. Example... Guy on 2nd....the player is standing on the base but in the window, the base is on the infiled grass and the player is way behind it. ONLY happens when these rosters are used.

One pitcher I can vouch for is Eric Milton of the Reds. His cutter was changed to a slider and it is VERY NASTY!!!!! I mean it looks like it was just changed froma cutter to a slider...no ratings changed (movement etc..) It is the best slider I have EVER seen in the game. I don't think its right, matter of fact there is no way its right. Try it out
Old 03-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #387
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
At this point the "Online Base Roster" with the 100 prospects named is the best un-edited roster out.Remember,too,that EA will be doing updates like Madden.I'm probably gonna do my own minor leaguers because the PC edited stuff is already circling the drain...gotta love the Korean Barry Bonds.By the time Opening Day hits those rosters will be so badly screwed they'll be unplayable,like last years Gomer/Kerm stuff or the Total Minors stuff.

What people don't realize is that the game(at least the console versions) was simply not designed for the amount of changes implemented via the editor.Anyone who used the later versions of either of the above roster sets can attest to how out of whack the game played with entire teams of guys with 99 contact ratings and pitchers with 45 mph curveballs.
Where would I find the online base roster with 100 prospects named? It would be nice to have all the minor leaguers named, but I just can't use these rosters with all the wackiness that's going on.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:04 PM   #388
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson10
I can't vouch for all the problems but I can vouch for a few. 1 is that when ever I use the roster, when the baserunning menus are up the bases are NOT where they should be, OR the players are not where they should be. Example... Guy on 2nd....the player is standing on the base but in the window, the base is on the infiled grass and the player is way behind it. ONLY happens when these rosters are used.

One pitcher I can vouch for is Eric Milton of the Reds. His cutter was changed to a slider and it is VERY NASTY!!!!! I mean it looks like it was just changed froma cutter to a slider...no ratings changed (movement etc..) It is the best slider I have EVER seen in the game. I don't think its right, matter of fact there is no way its right. Try it out
Like I said before this roster set was made for the PC. Mvp Edit was made for the PC using the PC game as its basis. So it does not surprise me at all that guys are seeing these errors as this set wasnt even made for the Ps2 or Xbox, It may have been very well converted but when you convert a PC set over there is bound to be problems especially when the proram isnt intended for console use. A guy mentioned earlier to go participate in the forums at Mvpmods.com but what he failed to mention is that the forum is PC users using the PC game with Pc programs and tools.

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #389
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Where would I find the online base roster with 100 prospects named? It would be nice to have all the minor leaguers named, but I just can't use these rosters with all the wackiness that's going on.
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...3&page=3&pp=10
About midway down the page.Scabs are named,the top 100 prospects and no ratings adjustments.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #390
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
Like I said before this roster set was made for the PC. Mvp Edit was made for the PC using the PC game as its basis. So it does not surprise me at all that guys are seeing these errors as this set wasnt even made for the Ps2 or Xbox, It may have been very well converted but when you convert a PC set over there is bound to be problems especially when the proram isnt intended for console use. A guy mentioned earlier to go participate in the forums at Mvpmods.com but what he failed to mention is that the forum is PC users using the PC game with Pc programs and tools.
That's mostly correct, as there are many console users actively going to that site simply because they are some of the only rosters being converted for the console and being edited on the PC. Even though they're converted on MVPlanet, Kraw is only converting so that's where we end up for an update. You're right though about MVPedit and the site's focus. I thought everyone knew MVPmods was created for the PC community...

Things like cyber faces for Millar and Bonds are excluded on what is called PS2 or XBox friendly rosters. So the guys are making TWO sets because of the different capabilities, using MVPedit to make both of course. I haven't seen any problems with the rosters...the problem with the bases and the players not being on them, I saw that when I played my first game against my buddy on default rosters and we both made a comment about it on March 2nd. I did see a problem on V 3.3 with setting your lineups, but that was corrected. I know nothing about MVPedit except that it is a PC editor, so I just have to keep my eyes open. I do love the advantages of PC editing though, like avoiding the salary glitch, changing salaries and other things like height, weight, or body type for instance that can't be done on the console. Guess it's a matter of risk/reward, but I haven't seen the risk yet in terms of whacky things happening because the game wasn't intended to be converted over for us PS2 users...even if that's true.

Last edited by CWood2; 03-16-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #391
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
It's always great when someone basically charges money for a converted set of rosters that end up being corrupt anyway.

Oh well, at least he paid for the next couple month's hosting fee.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #392
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...3&page=3&pp=10
About midway down the page.Scabs are named,the top 100 prospects and no ratings adjustments.
Thanks man, this roster will do me just fine. I appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »