Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 1
Unhappy Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
Ya they are doing alot of tweaking and changing of pitch types based on watching espn and cbs sports or other web sitesthey are changing pitch types pitch speeds, batting power, speed of runners etc. etc. heres whats done or being talked about in the Mvpmods.com forums for example for the next update it kinda scares me too:

harden - maybe remove the split and 2fb. or just the split
I downloaded the version 3.2 rosters a few weeks ago and was very happy with them. I was planning on getting the newest versions as they came out but after I saw that comment about Harden I started laughing out loud. It really ruins your credibility when you are planning on taking out the pitch that the guy uses as an out pitch. Harden uses his splitter as a change-up and it's one of his best out pitches. I'd say next to a fastball, the split is the most frequent pitch that he throws.

Thanks for version 3.2, I think I'll stay away from any new updates LOL
Old 03-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #410
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson10
Thanks Cwood! I knew it replaced his cutter and yes it is pretty good too. But the sladders movement is 3-9. I think a slider should maybe be a littlle more like 3-7 or 3-8 ( a little drop) Like I said, I really don't know either, but that thing is NASTY and waht happened was it was changed from a cutter to slider with NO rating adjustments
Yup, that's what happened for sure. While I agree with the theory of editing pitches and not so much with player ratings and potential (excluding minor leaguers from that opinion), we need to keep our eyes open if you, I or anyone else really want to base a dynasty off of them. The effort and research that goes into these particular rosters is really very good, but that doesn't erase the risk of errors since a pitcher's arsenal is constantly changing and not always agreed upon.

To me, the good far outweighs the bad since I truly can't confirm the "wierd happenings" others have seen. Another good thing seems to be that the guys are very open to assistance; my suggestions on giving Pedro a cutter and Drese a sinker were double-checked and implemented perfectly almost immediately. Even things like a request to make Jose Capellan less chunky were changed right away!

Maybe we could list gripes or concerns with some of their changes or with things we want to see changed...then bounce them off the editors like they're doing here:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=5874

My username over there is Andruw25. Ignore the dumb questions and my learning curve to how PC rosters are availabe to us console users!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #411
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWalton
I downloaded the version 3.2 rosters a few weeks ago and was very happy with them. I was planning on getting the newest versions as they came out but after I saw that comment about Harden I started laughing out loud. It really ruins your credibility when you are planning on taking out the pitch that the guy uses as an out pitch. Harden uses his splitter as a change-up and it's one of his best out pitches. I'd say next to a fastball, the split is the most frequent pitch that he throws.

Thanks for version 3.2, I think I'll stay away from any new updates LOL
Just uploaded 3.5 to check Harden for you...the split and 2 seamer are still prominently featured. That list got me nervous too, but they were not from the roster editors...just a suggestion that was largely ignored to be honest. Schilling is without his curveball though, probably because he's mostly a fastball-splitter pitcher who mixes in the slider for movement. Not sure if I agree or not...something to look into.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #412
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Just uploaded 3.5 to check Harden for you...the split and 2 seamer are still prominently featured. That list got me nervous too, but they were not from the roster editors...just a suggestion that was largely ignored to be honest. Schilling is without his curveball though, probably because he's mostly a fastball-splitter pitcher who mixes in the slider for movement. Not sure if I agree or not...something to look into.
It really seems like these guys are just changing whatever they feel like at this point without any method to their madness at all. That's absolutely no excuse to remove Schilling's curveball.

The sad thing is, you continue to try and justify what these guys are doing.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:41 PM   #413
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

badgun, why do u freakin care about these guys rosters? guys that wanna use them will and guys that dont wont. its as simple as that.

i'm glad we have diff types of rosters to try out. pick one that ya like and go from there.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #414
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
It really seems like these guys are just changing whatever they feel like at this point without any method to their madness at all. That's absolutely no excuse to remove Schilling's curveball.

Does "not sure if I agree or not" sound like I'm making excuses for Schilling's curve MIA? Contrary to your approach, I'm listing the good with the bad - it's not a one-sided, second hand argument. After all, this thread is for discussing the rosters...for those who are using them or may be considering them down the line. You don't fit either one of those categories.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #415
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

You must understand I have to do this.......GO play MLB06
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2005, 04:40 PM   #416
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I cant believe youre still in this thread badgun. You clearly are not going to use these rosters. Alot of us, including myself have said you have a valid point about the editing of rosters. Apparently that wasn't enough. However, enough people on this thread are willing to use edited rosters. Whether you agree with us or not is not the issue...just let it be. Youve made your point, but stop trying to halt the editing or ratings all together. I believe we would like to use this thread to post comments about the rosters for others help. You are not helping at all, just complaining. Come on man, give it a rest. Better yet, instead of posting all these complaints..go make your own rosters with names changed only only.
If you can enjoy a 6'4 275 pound shortstop prospect thats already in the game go for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »