Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

I have to say I dont worry too much about edited ratings. When companies do baseball ratings they do them much differently than football ratings (EA for instance uses the same rating service as every other (former) NFL liscense. Which is why, if you notice their ratings are very similiar, if not scaled differently.

There really is no such service for baseball so every game has vastly different ratings. Also, these ratings are different because each games engine is very different.

To keep a long story short. Because baseball developers tend to use in-house people to do the ratings they are just as knowledgeable if not less than most of us. (A perfect example is Bubba Crosby, who is a PR/OF for the yankees, Speed = 40). They only know this player is not good so his ratings are low across the board.

So, if they want to edit the ratings fine. Just dont do fantastical things to them. If you dont want to use these rosters then you dont have to. I and many others personally dont want to see Joe Created playing in the game with Sammy Sosa or Harold Renamed as a 6'5 250 Shortstop when he is actually 5'10 145. I'd rather have Prince Fielder being a bit overrated or Curt Schilling being a bit too overpowering because it is merely a game and not reality.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #418
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
It really seems like these guys are just changing whatever they feel like at this point without any method to their madness at all. That's absolutely no excuse to remove Schilling's curveball.

The sad thing is, you continue to try and justify what these guys are doing.
Badgun u really need to chill out about re-rating players in these roster updates. When i did my ESPNNFL2K5 roster u completely bashed me and my roster and said you hate it when people re-rate players. I can live with u not liking re-rating rosters and u not liking my roster update, but to go around to and complain about everybody's roster is uncalled for. simply dont download it, it is as simple as that. or even better, dont even comment on the roster. I hope u will follow my advice and not complain about everybody's roster.

-Thank You

ViperGTS

$$$$$$$ATLANTA FALCONS 2005$$$$$$$
Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #419
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drustrk3
I cant believe youre still in this thread badgun. You clearly are not going to use these rosters. Alot of us, including myself have said you have a valid point about the editing of rosters. Apparently that wasn't enough. However, enough people on this thread are willing to use edited rosters. Whether you agree with us or not is not the issue...just let it be. Youve made your point, but stop trying to halt the editing or ratings all together. I believe we would like to use this thread to post comments about the rosters for others help. You are not helping at all, just complaining. Come on man, give it a rest. Better yet, instead of posting all these complaints..go make your own rosters with names changed only only.
If you can enjoy a 6'4 275 pound shortstop prospect thats already in the game go for it.
I'm in this thread because I'm still looking for a decent set of rosters with the minor leaguers named. I just think it's a little odd that all of a sudden every other post seems to have something about weird ball movement, pitchers losing pitches, guys having their speed ratings messed with, and just general screwball stuff with these rosters. Remember, the guy said, and I quote, "the formulas are sound".

I guess I just can't believe you guys are willing to go deep into a franchise with rosters that very well could be as screwy as GomerPyle's were last year. And I guess I'm hoping that someone might actually take these rosters and undo all the changes made to the major leaguers. Hell, I might even do that myself.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:19 AM   #420
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

I have been trying to follow some of roster development but haven't kept up due to school work...

What is the status of these rosters in terms of the minor leagues (outside of rating changes and whatever else)....have most AAA teams been finished? I am basically concerned with names/positions. Can anyone give me an overview?
Boston Celtics
Old 03-19-2005, 12:59 AM   #421
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
I'm in this thread because I'm still looking for a decent set of rosters with the minor leaguers named. I just think it's a little odd that all of a sudden every other post seems to have something about weird ball movement, pitchers losing pitches, guys having their speed ratings messed with, and just general screwball stuff with these rosters. Remember, the guy said, and I quote, "the formulas are sound".

I guess I just can't believe you guys are willing to go deep into a franchise with rosters that very well could be as screwy as GomerPyle's were last year. And I guess I'm hoping that someone might actually take these rosters and undo all the changes made to the major leaguers. Hell, I might even do that myself.
start from scratch and make your own, dont use someone elses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2005, 02:08 AM   #422
Rookie

Dkrause's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame
start from scratch and make your own, dont use someone elses.

If you followed the actual thread on this roster set you'll notice that anything changed etc is from actual sources. Such as Espn.com, baseballamerica, books, etc. They don't just randomly decide they hate or love a guy and change their ratings. Check enough sources and some thoughts differ. The Neyer/James book on pitchers (2004) claims Schilling doesn't throw a curveball. espn.com claims he throws a slow curve (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=4267). I wouldn't blast the work they do. If you hate it- don't use it. Last i checked, the game had rosters to start with.

Don
Old 03-19-2005, 03:12 AM   #423
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkrause
If you followed the actual thread on this roster set you'll notice that anything changed etc is from actual sources. Such as Espn.com, baseballamerica, books, etc. They don't just randomly decide they hate or love a guy and change their ratings. Check enough sources and some thoughts differ. The Neyer/James book on pitchers (2004) claims Schilling doesn't throw a curveball. espn.com claims he throws a slow curve (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=4267). I wouldn't blast the work they do. If you hate it- don't use it. Last i checked, the game had rosters to start with.

Don

Ya but he has every right to comment just as everyone else does in here im happy hes making people aware that these rosters be used at your own risk for people who might not know just because a guy is working on a pitch doent mean he has it and uses it in game, I also pointed out the validity of rosters being handled universally when they clearly should not be, these rosters were taken from a PC source from the PC disk a quick look at things like Lou Merloni on the Angels will show you that the files do differ to the point where its messing up the integrity of the game-hidden things you cannot see like trajectory,AI and calculations. Since MVPEdit was derived from the PC database I can almost guarantee this hypothesis. To make matters worse they decided to use PC default rosters instead of each own consoles rosters individually which only worsens matters. If they took each consoles database files instead there would be way less weird happenings.

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!

Last edited by funkydelic; 03-19-2005 at 03:15 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:28 AM   #424
Rookie

Dkrause's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
Ya but he has every right to comment just as everyone else does in here im happy hes making people aware that these rosters be used at your own risk for people who might not know just because a guy is working on a pitch doent mean he has it and uses it in game, I also pointed out the validity of rosters being handled universally when they clearly should not be, these rosters were taken from a PC source from the PC disk a quick look at things like Lou Merloni on the Angels will show you that the files do differ to the point where its messing up the integrity of the game-hidden things you cannot see like trajectory,AI and calculations. Since MVPEdit was derived from the PC database I can almost guarantee this hypothesis. To make matters worse they decided to use PC default rosters instead of each own consoles rosters individually which only worsens matters. If they took each consoles database files instead there would be way less weird happenings.

1) Again, your assumption of weird happening with a roster set which the very makers say is not finished. Apparently, any changes to some of you is a weird happening.

2) The rosters are done by two people who review anyone else input before entering (according to them). Also, people typically want the discussion and input of many people ideas. Apparently, your a one source must be right type of person.

3) Your hypothesis is that the PC ratings and calculations are different than the consoles? or that changing them is wrong? i really have no idea what your hypothesis is or how you are so sure its right. My bet is like most games it was made for the PS2 first and modified for the x box and PC.

4) How were they suppose to take the x box/ps2 files and back mod it?

5) Its their files, if they wanted to make everyone a 99 and bat left handed they could. Are you paying for their service? Probably not. Could you provide the service to your rigid desires?- Yes.

I am not sure where this entitlement comes from. You don't like the rosters, don't use them. If you think they suck- don't use them. But your bashing a product not even remoting finished. Complaining, they god forbid, get input from others (must be a republican) and unless your a programming guru saying the conversion process cannot work properly doesn't hold much weight.

You want the rosters done your way- Then do them yourself.

Don

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »