Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-19-2005, 06:57 AM   #425
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkrause
1) Again, your assumption of weird happening with a roster set which the very makers say is not finished. Apparently, any changes to some of you is a weird happening.

2) The rosters are done by two people who review anyone else input before entering (according to them). Also, people typically want the discussion and input of many people ideas. Apparently, your a one source must be right type of person.

3) Your hypothesis is that the PC ratings and calculations are different than the consoles? or that changing them is wrong? i really have no idea what your hypothesis is or how you are so sure its right. My bet is like most games it was made for the PS2 first and modified for the x box and PC.

4) How were they suppose to take the x box/ps2 files and back mod it?

5) Its their files, if they wanted to make everyone a 99 and bat left handed they could. Are you paying for their service? Probably not. Could you provide the service to your rigid desires?- Yes.

I am not sure where this entitlement comes from. You don't like the rosters, don't use them. If you think they suck- don't use them. But your bashing a product not even remoting finished. Complaining, they god forbid, get input from others (must be a republican) and unless your a programming guru saying the conversion process cannot work properly doesn't hold much weight.

You want the rosters done your way- Then do them yourself.

Don
I have closeley compared the PC and console files and they are not the same regarding the roster files, in fact the PC database files has extra datafiles in it that MVPEdit looks for that doesnt exist which throws things off whack on the consoles. Ive done my research thank you. Hopefully the roster editor will figure this out and use a console source or more bad things are bound to happen down the road.

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 AM   #426
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I can attest, with these rosters I'm seeing a lot of weird happenings. I've went back to the default, changed the scabs and renamed my own minor leaguers. I fully know that someone will get 50 games into their season and come back complaining about stuff going on in this roster. So it's good that someone voices the other side instead of hundreds of pages of praise. The actual roster makers don't post here, so I really have no clue who everyone is bowing down to. The pitches now being changed worry me, as do the types of hits I'm now seeing because I know other stuff besides pitches were changed. To each their own, but these rosters are broken and should be used at your own risk.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-19-2005, 09:51 AM   #427
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
I have closeley compared the PC and console files and they are not the same regarding the roster files, in fact the PC database files has extra datafiles in it that MVPEdit looks for that doesnt exist which throws things off whack on the consoles. Ive done my research thank you. Hopefully the roster editor will figure this out and use a console source or more bad things are bound to happen down the road.
I see no difference in the xbox and pc rosters. What are the extra files that mvpedit looks for? If your talking about the hist.dat file then that could cause some problems with the stats but if you use a version of mvpedit prior to the newest release the rosters should be fine. The ratings being changed can cause crazy stuff to happen, the same thing happened last year when people started messing with the player ratings.

Last edited by supdog; 03-19-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #428
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I can attest, with these rosters I'm seeing a lot of weird happenings. I've went back to the default, changed the scabs and renamed my own minor leaguers. I fully know that someone will get 50 games into their season and come back complaining about stuff going on in this roster. So it's good that someone voices the other side instead of hundreds of pages of praise. The actual roster makers don't post here, so I really have no clue who everyone is bowing down to. The pitches now being changed worry me, as do the types of hits I'm now seeing because I know other stuff besides pitches were changed. To each their own, but these rosters are broken and should be used at your own risk.
I have used these rosters on the PC version and I see no weird happenings. Hits everywhere and so on. I also backup all the original files and comapred named minor leagers. The Cubs minor leagers that are named have the same ratings as EA does.

I agree that changin ratings can be bad but I dont think its as widespread as you are making it out to be. The one problem is that he made tons of free agents that were rated high. I deleated alot of them in MVP Edit but it seems to have generated more? Again you guys have valid points , but to say it causes the game to do screwy things is not true on the PC end of things. Just my 2c.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #429
Rookie

Trackcat's Arena

OVR: 2

How long does it take to get the auth email from mvplanet.com?
also,do you need a modded xbox for these?
i am confused as to how to get these rosters for xbox

Thanks

My EA Sports Career

New York Mets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tennessee Vols (Football)
Kentucky Wildcats (Basketball)
Old 03-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #430
MVP

JoeBudden's Arena

OVR: 10

Havent seen anything weird on console and i am 30 games in right now. I really like these rosters.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #431
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
Could you or ExtremeGamer be more specific about the problems you're seeing so I can look for them? I think I might have to go to default rosters and play some exhibition games because I'm really not seeing the "wierd" occurences. In all seriousness, I would love if you guys could list some because it sounds very vague. Is it the feel of the game or the types of hits, maybe changed trajectories that you feel is altered?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #432
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

As I said before, I see a lot of lefties hit balls that seem to be shots, and now swirl back in. Or a lot of pitchers whose pitches really curve. The hits seem to happen more often than anything. I go back to default and don't see any of them. I was using the Indians. Once you change one background number say for pitching, then somehting will change with the hitting. The things being changed are not supposed to be changed. Changing a minor leaguers attributes are one thing, but changing pitching abilities and what not, is what always ruins rosters.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »