Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

I've played over 25 games in my dynasty with these rosters and I haven't seen anything weird. I'd like to see some kind of proof that these rosters are broken before people start labeling them as defective. I think it's funny that only a few people out of a lot of people are making this claim.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:19 PM   #434
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
I'm in this thread because I'm still looking for a decent set of rosters with the minor leaguers named. I just think it's a little odd that all of a sudden every other post seems to have something about weird ball movement, pitchers losing pitches, guys having their speed ratings messed with, and just general screwball stuff with these rosters. Remember, the guy said, and I quote, "the formulas are sound".

I guess I just can't believe you guys are willing to go deep into a franchise with rosters that very well could be as screwy as GomerPyle's were last year. And I guess I'm hoping that someone might actually take these rosters and undo all the changes made to the major leaguers. Hell, I might even do that myself.

Thats what makes no sense Badgun. You want them named but you dont want them edited. THERE ARE NO A/AA MINOR LEAGUERS IN THE GAME OUTSIDE THE TOP 100. So you are basically asking to rename fake players.

You are absolutely in the wrong thread then. Start one on your own with names only. Those prospects will reflect nothing close to real life ones since you want nothing edited. Like I've said over and over I get your point about flaws in editing, however, you seem to be looking for something completely different. You cant ask for renamed accurate rosters, and then complain when someone reveals a formula and a roster in with the attempt to do so. What you are asking for (unedited ratings) will end up being the most inaccuratre rosters in comparison to real life minor leaguers, because of the in game FAKE PLAYERS. If you want that great. I think many in this thread dont want that, and are willing to see how these turn out. If they stink, I doubt we would use them.
Your flaw is in asking them not to be done at all. If you want renamed rosters only, then do them yourself. Theyre are plenty of resources out there for that. It seems very hypocritical that you want rosters, but then don't like the way someone is working on them, when you are doing no work on any at all.
Lastly, please dont reply, saying something like "then don't complain about how these rosters come out with weird happenings." If you have read my posts you would understand that I am not even endorsing these specific rosters.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:11 PM   #435
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I have used these rosters on the PC version and I see no weird happenings. Hits everywhere and so on. I also backup all the original files and comapred named minor leagers. The Cubs minor leagers that are named have the same ratings as EA does.

I agree that changin ratings can be bad but I dont think its as widespread as you are making it out to be. The one problem is that he made tons of free agents that were rated high. I deleated alot of them in MVP Edit but it seems to have generated more? Again you guys have valid points , but to say it causes the game to do screwy things is not true on the PC end of things. Just my 2c.

We are talking about Ps2 and Xbox here guy.

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2005, 04:14 PM   #436
Rookie

Trackcat's Arena

OVR: 2

Where are the xbox rosters and how long does it take to get auth email from mvplanet.com?
i am trying to sign up my name is Metfan67

My EA Sports Career

New York Mets
Pittsburgh Steelers
Tennessee Vols (Football)
Kentucky Wildcats (Basketball)
Old 03-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #437
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drustrk3
Thats what makes no sense Badgun. You want them named but you dont want them edited. THERE ARE NO A/AA MINOR LEAGUERS IN THE GAME OUTSIDE THE TOP 100. So you are basically asking to rename fake players.

You are absolutely in the wrong thread then. Start one on your own with names only. Those prospects will reflect nothing close to real life ones since you want nothing edited. Like I've said over and over I get your point about flaws in editing, however, you seem to be looking for something completely different. You cant ask for renamed accurate rosters, and then complain when someone reveals a formula and a roster in with the attempt to do so. What you are asking for (unedited ratings) will end up being the most inaccuratre rosters in comparison to real life minor leaguers, because of the in game FAKE PLAYERS. If you want that great. I think many in this thread dont want that, and are willing to see how these turn out. If they stink, I doubt we would use them.
Your flaw is in asking them not to be done at all. If you want renamed rosters only, then do them yourself. Theyre are plenty of resources out there for that. It seems very hypocritical that you want rosters, but then don't like the way someone is working on them, when you are doing no work on any at all.
Lastly, please dont reply, saying something like "then don't complain about how these rosters come out with weird happenings." If you have read my posts you would understand that I am not even endorsing these specific rosters.
Well you may have valid points, but I am willing to give up a bit of authenticity in order to retain integrity if you get what I am saying. I don't mind having a 6'5'' shortstop as long as he's not hitting 65 homers in AA. I don't even really care if the A and AA guys are named as long as the AAA guys are. IN other words, I don't have to have guys who are perfect size, correct armbands, correct batting stance etc...that stuff don't matter to me.

What does matter is seeing some single A player make it to the majors before the All Star break and having more power than Pujols. Or batting against someone that throws a 52 MPH curveball that literally hangs in the air and is completely unhittable. It also matters when I see one of the best pitchers in the game have one of his pitches taken away because a couple of kids read it on a website.

But to answer your question, what I really want is rosters that have ZERO edits of player attributes at all because as it's slowly but surely coming to light here, editing attributes ALWAYS causes problems. Read this thread...in the last few days we have seen MANY complaints about weird stuff going on with this roster.

What do I hope to accomplish by complaining about it? Well as more and more people come out and say that they're seeing strange stuff, I guess I'm hoping that these guys will see the error of their ways and at least restore the major leagues back to default. I think the real problem here is MVPEDIT. There are just so many options and things you can change, that for these roster hacks it must be like being at a buffet...they just can't resist messing with stuff. It starts out as changing a guy's stance, then before you know it he's lost speed and gained power. I'm sorry, if you want to trust these guys, go right ahead, but they simply CANNOT have any idea how much effect reducing Ichiro's speed one digit can have on the game. There's a good example right there...why mess with Ichiro's speed? And who cares if some #5 starter in Tampa Bay has a curve with a little too much break on it?

My point is that wouldn't their time be better spent getting the minors right rather than fiddling with player ratings that they haven't a clue what they're doing?

I'm just looking for some good rosters with integrity...it's obvious that these aren't it...and never will be.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #438
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Well you may have valid points, but I am willing to give up a bit of authenticity in order to retain integrity if you get what I am saying. I don't mind having a 6'5'' shortstop as long as he's not hitting 65 homers in AA. I don't even really care if the A and AA guys are named as long as the AAA guys are. IN other words, I don't have to have guys who are perfect size, correct armbands, correct batting stance etc...that stuff don't matter to me.

What does matter is seeing some single A player make it to the majors before the All Star break and having more power than Pujols. Or batting against someone that throws a 52 MPH curveball that literally hangs in the air and is completely unhittable. It also matters when I see one of the best pitchers in the game have one of his pitches taken away because a couple of kids read it on a website.

But to answer your question, what I really want is rosters that have ZERO edits of player attributes at all because as it's slowly but surely coming to light here, editing attributes ALWAYS causes problems. Read this thread...in the last few days we have seen MANY complaints about weird stuff going on with this roster.

What do I hope to accomplish by complaining about it? Well as more and more people come out and say that they're seeing strange stuff, I guess I'm hoping that these guys will see the error of their ways and at least restore the major leagues back to default. I think the real problem here is MVPEDIT. There are just so many options and things you can change, that for these roster hacks it must be like being at a buffet...they just can't resist messing with stuff. It starts out as changing a guy's stance, then before you know it he's lost speed and gained power. I'm sorry, if you want to trust these guys, go right ahead, but they simply CANNOT have any idea how much effect reducing Ichiro's speed one digit can have on the game. There's a good example right there...why mess with Ichiro's speed? And who cares if some #5 starter in Tampa Bay has a curve with a little too much break on it?

My point is that wouldn't their time be better spent getting the minors right rather than fiddling with player ratings that they haven't a clue what they're doing?

I'm just looking for some good rosters with integrity...it's obvious that these aren't it...and never will be.

Again, I see what you are saying. But there are enough people who DO trust roster editors. Especially when we dont see the problems in the rosters. Its like you are trying to tell some of us to watch out for swirling baseballs when we are just not seeing them. I played with GeForces last year, that I enjoyed, and that's proof for me and others that it is possible. What you are asking for is a different type of rosters. Im not even saying I wouldn't enjoy those. However, this thread and others are obout edited rosters. All I am sayings is, don't try and stop or change these rosters. There are clearly enough people that want to try them. Franky renamed rosters only, are fairly simple to create and should be spoken about seperately. That is especially true if all you care about is AAA.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:18 PM   #439
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdog
I see no difference in the xbox and pc rosters. What are the extra files that mvpedit looks for? If your talking about the hist.dat file then that could cause some problems with the stats but if you use a version of mvpedit prior to the newest release the rosters should be fine. The ratings being changed can cause crazy stuff to happen, the same thing happened last year when people started messing with the player ratings.

Take a look at tstat.dat that file and team.dat varies from console to PC. In tstat.dat on the Pc its missing the ever important 3 and 4 vertical column (might be a bug I just found in MvpEdit) but nevertheless look at the tstat.dat on this set and compare to the original consoles tstat.dat. The hist.dat file might be causing problems since there are names on the roster showing last years stats it cannot find the rest so it might crash but I doubt it but its a big possibility. Anyone simmed several seasons??

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:57 PM   #440
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I have a question, sorry if this has been answered already, just didnt wanna look through 44 pages.

The roster at "the site" says some things need to be taken out ebcause player faces were added..?? i havent downloaded the AR rosters yet ebcause of this. is that the case or what? or can i still just download them and load them up with my AR.. thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »