Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-20-2005, 11:35 AM   #449
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Explain to me how a roster set can cause these types of problems for a console? Come on...... you're not modifying any code for gameplay. The only modification is to how the player performs. That's ridiculous.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #450
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
Explain to me how a roster set can cause these types of problems for a console? Come on...... you're not modifying any code for gameplay. The only modification is to how the player performs. That's ridiculous.
PC files and console files are different and have different values in different areas. These guys are editing the PC files and then converting them to the consoles.

Problems can occur because a PC file might be calling on another file that the console versions don't have etc... Lots of problems can occur.

All I know is that there have been a few people with problems. I'm one of them. I know that when I used these rosters, my batting dropped off. After using the default rosters I was fine. I tried this playing 4 games. 2 with the rosters, 2 without. Same teams, ballpark, wind, pitchers, everything... Something seemed off to me.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #451
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
PC files and console files are different and have different values in different areas. These guys are editing the PC files and then converting them to the consoles.

Problems can occur because a PC file might be calling on another file that the console versions don't have etc... Lots of problems can occur.

All I know is that there have been a few people with problems. I'm one of them. I know that when I used these rosters, my batting dropped off. After using the default rosters I was fine. I tried this playing 4 games. 2 with the rosters, 2 without. Same teams, ballpark, wind, pitchers, everything... Something seemed off to me.
Reasonable...if he sees affects, he sees them...hard to argue with that.

Anyone running these on PC version? Any problems so far?
Boston Celtics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2005, 03:32 PM   #452
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo

That's actually what would happen if we tried to download a roster with cyber faces for example...they'd be calling on a file that doesn't exist, and this could crash the game. But as far as editing pitches, stances or attributes, wouldn't it be a little less risky? Not sure I understand fully, even if the files are named or identified differently since you'd just be calling on the file that represents the same thing.

Sorry if this is a stupid question Joeboo, but in regards to the hitting dropoff...did you feel like it was something you could fix with sliders or just a wierd kind of feel to it that was different from default rosters?
Old 03-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #453
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Sorry if this is a stupid question Joeboo, but in regards to the hitting dropoff...did you feel like it was something you could fix with sliders or just a wierd kind of feel to it that was different from default rosters?
Just a weird kind of feel. Line drives and flyballs seemed to die more and didn't have the same power behind them. I think it's possible they could be fixed with sliders. I didn't try because I didn't want to add more variables.

I should also add I play on an Xbox so I'm not sure if that version had something to do with it. I also used version 3.4 at the time. I haven't tried 3.5 yet.

I'll download 3.5 later tonight and see if I see the same problems. I'll also try to adjust some sliders.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #454
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Pretty much what I saw. To the guy above who claims the rosters can't change anything, obviously wasn't here last year. They increased lefty HR PCT, lowered righty HR PCT, etc. Once you start messing with behind the scenes numbers, you have problems. When you change someone's pitching arsenal that can't be normally edited, or you give somone a higher HR pct numbers, not his power numbers, but his under the hood numbers, it affects every thing in the game. I have no real major problem with editing the minor leaguers since they are fake, and CWood and I went over this about 7 pages back. As I said then, I though they were all NCAA Football type players, fake names but real players. But I feared we have the Prince Fielder's again, but looking past that, there's no need to edit Curt Schilling or Manny Rameriz. They are in the game, the game was made by people that know what they are doing with MVP's system 100X more than anyone on the net, so we should keep that stuff to them. If it would be something I could go into MVP on my XBox and edit that's one thing, but the under the hood stuff is another. On top of that, do you really want pitchers or hitters already in the game edited to be worse or better based on what 2 guys on a message board feel their season will be like this year? The season hasn't even begun and already people are claiming so and so has too much or too little power. How can anyone possibly say that?!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #455
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Pretty much what I saw. To the guy above who claims the rosters can't change anything, obviously wasn't here last year. They increased lefty HR PCT, lowered righty HR PCT, etc. Once you start messing with behind the scenes numbers, you have problems. When you change someone's pitching arsenal that can't be normally edited, or you give somone a higher HR pct numbers, not his power numbers, but his under the hood numbers, it affects every thing in the game. I have no real major problem with editing the minor leaguers since they are fake, and CWood and I went over this about 7 pages back. As I said then, I though they were all NCAA Football type players, fake names but real players. But I feared we have the Prince Fielder's again, but looking past that, there's no need to edit Curt Schilling or Manny Rameriz. They are in the game, the game was made by people that know what they are doing with MVP's system 100X more than anyone on the net, so we should keep that stuff to them. If it would be something I could go into MVP on my XBox and edit that's one thing, but the under the hood stuff is another. On top of that, do you really want pitchers or hitters already in the game edited to be worse or better based on what 2 guys on a message board feel their season will be like this year? The season hasn't even begun and already people are claiming so and so has too much or too little power. How can anyone possibly say that?!
Good post EG, Joeboo as well. I did benefit from increased lefty power last year from a roster update so that's why I'm trying to understand it a little better. I don't want anybody to make Carlos Beltran better or anything like that, but I don't mind them giving pitchers pitches that they're missing...although it's not 100% accurate and raises some questions like Schill's missing deuce. Maybe I'm thinking that those sort of changes aren't under the hood like you said? I figured since we the console user can actually edit pitch trajectory, pitch selection, and even player potential based on the 5 star scale that there were fewer unforeseen variables this year. Because personally, if I disagree with a few things, I can always give Schilling his curve back or dumb down Prince's potential. It's my love for prospects and the little things, like them correcting salaries and changing appearances we can't touch that makes them stand out for me. But it seems like MVPedit is showing some tradeoffs for these ammenities I've grown to love....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #456
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
But I feared we have the Prince Fielder's again, but looking past that, there's no need to edit Curt Schilling or Manny Rameriz. They are in the game, the game was made by people that know what they are doing with MVP's system 100X more than anyone on the net, so we should keep that stuff to them.
Bravo! Exactly what I've been saying for 47 pages! Why fool with a guy's ratings just for the sake of fooling with them? Which is pretty much what these guys are doing. This is truly a case of "give a man a rope and he thinks he's a cowboy".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »