Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #473
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri
So is there a frickin Xbox roster out there that just has updated transactions and the minor leages named? 48 pages and no useful roster, wtf?

Sorry for the attitude, I just can't believe I can't find a decent Xbox roster.
Amen.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #474
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
Amen.
I'll second that.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #475
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

OVR: 8

Like someone else posted, for an Xbox roster with nothing altered except for the top 100 prospects, scabs, and players not in the game (John Franco & Barry Bonds) use the Online Base plus Top 100.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #476
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Did the ball roll around or something before Edmonds got it? If you were playing in Fenway and the ball bounced around in the triangle, it might be realistic...but that just sounds impossible. Not calling you a liar btw, just hard to picture Rollins is home before the cutoff man is involved.
No, it bounced right up into Edmonds' glove. I actually thought I was going to catch it, but it hit the wall and bounced right back to Edmonds. When the ball got to the cutoff man, he was halfway to home.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #477
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
No, it bounced right up into Edmonds' glove. I actually thought I was going to catch it, but it hit the wall and bounced right back to Edmonds. When the ball got to the cutoff man, he was halfway to home.
That's pretty bizarre.

I did a little test this afternoon and took Damon, Ortiz and Nixon and placed them 1 through 3 in the order. I had the Sox away so I could just restart the game and hit with them over and over against some minor league pitching so I could see some good pitches. Basically, I used the default rosters then switched over to these and found nothing to be different after about 40 minutes of that and a few hitting mini games doing the same thing. Same types of hits, couldn't even see a difference. Figured since a lot of lefties were hitting some wierd fly balls according to those who have had problems, this might be a good way to see them for myself. Not sure if this helps or complicates the situation, but I wasn't sure how else to test for it. I think I'm gonna go back to playing to play the game now.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #478
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Well you may have valid points, but I am willing to give up a bit of authenticity in order to retain integrity if you get what I am saying. I don't mind having a 6'5'' shortstop as long as he's not hitting 65 homers in AA. I don't even really care if the A and AA guys are named as long as the AAA guys are. IN other words, I don't have to have guys who are perfect size, correct armbands, correct batting stance etc...that stuff don't matter to me.

What does matter is seeing some single A player make it to the majors before the All Star break and having more power than Pujols. Or batting against someone that throws a 52 MPH curveball that literally hangs in the air and is completely unhittable. It also matters when I see one of the best pitchers in the game have one of his pitches taken away because a couple of kids read it on a website.

But to answer your question, what I really want is rosters that have ZERO edits of player attributes at all because as it's slowly but surely coming to light here, editing attributes ALWAYS causes problems. Read this thread...in the last few days we have seen MANY complaints about weird stuff going on with this roster.

What do I hope to accomplish by complaining about it? Well as more and more people come out and say that they're seeing strange stuff, I guess I'm hoping that these guys will see the error of their ways and at least restore the major leagues back to default. I think the real problem here is MVPEDIT. There are just so many options and things you can change, that for these roster hacks it must be like being at a buffet...they just can't resist messing with stuff. It starts out as changing a guy's stance, then before you know it he's lost speed and gained power. I'm sorry, if you want to trust these guys, go right ahead, but they simply CANNOT have any idea how much effect reducing Ichiro's speed one digit can have on the game. There's a good example right there...why mess with Ichiro's speed? And who cares if some #5 starter in Tampa Bay has a curve with a little too much break on it?

My point is that wouldn't their time be better spent getting the minors right rather than fiddling with player ratings that they haven't a clue what they're doing?

I'm just looking for some good rosters with integrity...it's obvious that these aren't it...and never will be.

Give some idiot a keyboard & he thinks he has a brain.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:54 PM   #479
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Just hit a standup triple with Furcal and I think I know how Rollins got his inside the parker. Since those guys are the same type of hitter, Griffey was playing Furcal real shallow and to hit opposite field, so I hit a liner over his head to left center hitting right handed. If you got some air under it and made Edmonds go to the track before it landed, it must have been a long trip since he's playing shallow by default on little leadoff guys like Rollins. Furcal's triple was very realistic...and very satisfying!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:04 PM   #480
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceBrown
Give some idiot a keyboard & he thinks he has a brain.
Why is he an idiot? I for one have not been very active in this thread, but have read its posts from time to time. I would have to agree with what he is saying. If I am out here looking for a set of rosters with complete and accurate names, lineups, and minor leagues - I don't want their attributes being fiddled with. Unless the roster description includes a listing of edits, including attribute edits, they are misleading. Too many sources, opinions, and feelings factor into attribute edits.
A fan of Ichiro's might think his speed is a 99 rating, but a Yankees fan might think his speed rating is more like a 95. Too much subjectivity. The control is leaving the attributes at default as a download and letting the players fiddle with them. I think that downloading rosters that were meant to be used on the PC, that were converted to the PS2 or Xbox, becomes a sticky situation.

In the end, I appreciate the hard work that the people have put into making these types of rosters available for us. Many, many thanks. But I don't think he's an idiot for expressing his opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »