Home

llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

This is a discussion on llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-22-2005, 03:20 AM   #489
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: llcmac-HypnoxXx Rosters V3.2 from Xbox & PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
anybody else run any tests? I haven't seen any difference playing on all-star. i can't seem to hit crap either way. i still think it's pretty hard for a roster set to mess up the trajectory of a ball, etc. i understand how it could happen, but when it's simply player values, then there's not much it can screw up. interesting to know what it calls, etc. i can see potential issues when edited from the PC and converted though. still, a console is very static and without the rest of files being touched i'm still wary on if the rosters can mess stuff up that bad.

i haven't seen a whole lot of people complaining about weird stuff but quite a few are miffed at these player changes, and rightfully so. regardless, the changes are probably fairly subtle overall, so i'm still ok with them.

hope these turn out to be fine as far as just being coincidence with weird happenings as that'd make me pretty happy! whomever is doing the conversions, thanks again. i don't think anybody is being critical of your work, just simply trying to be thorough
the problem is its not simply player values stored in the datafile, unlike other EA games this one has a bunch of hidden values you can change and gets tampered with like how often and when a team will bunt, sac fly, steal, suicide squeeze, bunt for a hit. It also has values for the wind, rain, altitude and climate conditions for any home team, what im trying to point out is its more then simply player values in the data file where the roster is stored, heck man you can even change any teams rivals and advantages against any rivals while playing at home Yes all this is stored in the roster file and more player values only consits of a third of the whole file(s)

Harcore Gamers Get Their Game info Here or you aint Hardcore$$ Click for Xbox

Click for PS2

"The Dunk Contest will be off the hook" Uhh Not
Give me back my real college players I can draft you can keep this gimmick!!

Last edited by funkydelic; 03-22-2005 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #490
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame
that is true but the same idiot makes the same post over and over.
Since this is the 2nd time you've called me an idiot, I went ahead and turned you in as it is a clear violation of the ToS. If you had any tact at all, you'd learn to criticize someone without the namecalling.

Now whether you want to believe it or not, by questioning the integrity of these rosters, I have made people more aware of the dangers of messing with pitch movements and other attributes that should remain untouched. I have had countless pms sent to me by people claiming to have seen wacky things with these rosters or that they agree with me, but didn't post because they didn't want to get attacked like you have done to me twice now.

It has now become quite clear that these guys are editing stuff they shouldn't touch and that maybe the edits of a pc roster can't be converted to the consoles without causing problems. While you have been running your mouth, others have found things and are now at least posting about them. It's become fairly obvious that these rosters can't be trusted because their integrity has been ruined by overzealous hacks who have no clue what they are doing.

All most people want are rosters that are as accurate as possible without any edits of attributes, pitch movements, and ball rotation. It's become painfully clear that no such roster exists, but the need for one may prompt some enterprising individual to put one together.

I didn't set out to rain on anyone's parade, I have simply cautioned against the editing of attributes and how they can ruin rosters. Lots of folks agree with me and obviously some don't. The one thing you can do if you don't like what I post is to simply not read it or better yet see if OS has an ignore feature and use that so you don't have to see my name. Calling someone names is immature and adds absolutely nothing to the ongoing topic which is how we can get unedited rosters.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #491
MVP

OVR: 11

You could always just not use the rosters rather than calling people "overzealous hacks who have no clue what they are doing". I appreciate the work people are doing to get us rosters and even if i dont agree with every edit they make, its still alot of work being put in that I dont have time/resources to do myself. If you really feel that the rosters "cant be trusted" and cause alot of problems, why dont you take the initiative to make your own roster set that can be trusted? Maybe you are in the same boat as I am without the time/resources to do so, but if so remember that beggers cant be choosers. If this roster set doesnt work for you, find another that does rather than insult the people that are putting tons of time into putting these out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #492
MVP

VanillaEps's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceBrown
EA makes some kick arse rosters, you should really check them out.

As far as the work put in by llcmac-HypnoxXx, you have no room to criticize or complain about any edits they perform......hence the reason THEY are editing the rosters not YOU.

Your more than able to go ahead & edit your own rosters.....any moron can type in the names.

Its ungrateful people like you & badgun that can ruin a good thing.
I'm ungrateful?! Did you miss the part where I said 'thanks for the hard work but these rosters aren't for me.' I don't really feel the need to defend myself to you, but watch you type. Read my post again and then decide if I was being ungrateful. All I did was defend the ability to have an opinion. Keep in mind that I have no interest in these rosters. I'm knee deep in a franchise in a set of rosters that I updated on my own. I simply made a post to enlighten the people here that everyone is entitled to an opinion and calling someone an idiot for having one is like pointing a finger at someone - remember that there are three other fingers pointing back at you.

Last edited by VanillaEps; 03-22-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #493
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virix
You could always just not use the rosters rather than calling people "overzealous hacks who have no clue what they are doing". I appreciate the work people are doing to get us rosters and even if i dont agree with every edit they make, its still alot of work being put in that I dont have time/resources to do myself. If you really feel that the rosters "cant be trusted" and cause alot of problems, why dont you take the initiative to make your own roster set that can be trusted? Maybe you are in the same boat as I am without the time/resources to do so, but if so remember that beggers cant be choosers. If this roster set doesnt work for you, find another that does rather than insult the people that are putting tons of time into putting these out.
You see, to begin with I am not a beggar, so I can be a chooser if I wish. I can be perfectly content with any one of the several other roster sets that have some prospects named without the irritating and incomprehensible edits of major league players. And you are correct, I do not have the time nor the desire to create a roster set. I wish I did, but I do not.

I will continue to question the integrity of these rosters as more and more complaints surface about them. This may prompt several things, most importantly someone to make a roster with full minors without all the messy and unnecessary editing.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #494
Rookie

Wilson10's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
You see, to begin with I am not a beggar, so I can be a chooser if I wish. I can be perfectly content with any one of the several other roster sets that have some prospects named without the irritating and incomprehensible edits of major league players. And you are correct, I do not have the time nor the desire to create a roster set. I wish I did, but I do not.

I will continue to question the integrity of these rosters as more and more complaints surface about them. This may prompt several things, most importantly someone to make a roster with full minors without all the messy and unnecessary editing.

I sent you a PM Bad
Old 03-22-2005, 11:02 AM   #495
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun

As long as you are sitting around waiting for someone else to do them... you are considered a beggar.

You have already made it quite clear that you dont agree with the the way these rosters are produced, so leave it at that. Use one of the other roster sets and let this discussion include the people who do use the rosters now that your point has been made. What more do you intend on adding to this discussion? We already know how you feel. IMO it looks more like you are a disruption than anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #496
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
the problem is its not simply player values stored in the datafile, unlike other EA games this one has a bunch of hidden values you can change and gets tampered with like how often and when a team will bunt, sac fly, steal, suicide squeeze, bunt for a hit. It also has values for the wind, rain, altitude and climate conditions for any home team, what im trying to point out is its more then simply player values in the data file where the roster is stored, heck man you can even change any teams rivals and advantages against any rivals while playing at home Yes all this is stored in the roster file and more player values only consits of a third of the whole file(s)
damn EA. i'd still like to see some more people having these probs. haven't seen much myself really, and only a few people reporting probs. i'll say it again, damn EA. of course, it's as much our fault for super-moddin everything, but such is life. i mod everything i can get my hands on

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »