Home

Old 03-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

New update (090308) on the first post of the thread.

Includes:
- Created players Uehara and Kawakami.
- A number of retired players have their stats reduced
- Over 150 transactions since last update. Most of these are for minor league players.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for doing this man. I've spent about 3 hours today messing around with the rosters, love em. Keep up the good work.

I'll have a small list of White Sox corrections for you tomorrow. Some guys missing and some are no longer in the organization.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschmaranz
I'll have a small list of White Sox corrections for you tomorrow. Some guys missing and some are no longer in the organization.
Majors or minors?

There are a number of players throughout the league that are listed on the CBSSportsline player movement page that I haven't been able to find in the rosters. I may need the create them. The base I used was KGs from the end of last year, so I expected any minor leaguer from 2008 to be there.

If anyone notices these guys, let me know where they are and I will put them on their correct team:
Rocco Baldelli
Claudio Vargas
Rob Mackowiak
Callix Crabbe
Vance Wilson
Carlos Melo
Guillermo Moscoso
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Majors or minors?

There are a number of players throughout the league that are listed on the CBSSportsline player movement page that I haven't been able to find in the rosters. I may need the create them. The base I used was KGs from the end of last year, so I expected any minor leaguer from 2008 to be there.

If anyone notices these guys, let me know where they are and I will put them on their correct team:
Rocco Baldelli
Claudio Vargas
Rob Mackowiak
Callix Crabbe
Vance Wilson
Carlos Melo
Guillermo Moscoso
Well just off the top of my head right now:
- I know that Charlie Haeger is no longer part of the organization. You've got him on the White Sox major league roster. He was DFA mid-season '08 and actually wound up pitching a bit for the Padres. Not sure if he's still with that club though. EDIT: He's a Dodger now.

-I don't have the old XBox on right now but Jayson Nix is also a member of the White Sox right now. He's probably in Colorado.

-Michael Restovich too (probably in Washington)

-Franklyn German is in camp (probably in Texas)

-Two guys that I don't notice anywhere are SS Gordon Beckham and 3B Dayan Viciedo. It'd make sense they're not there because Beckham was drafted last season while Viciedo is also a newbie (defected from Cuba). Neither project to be on the big club this season but they're both pretty big parts of their future and still have a small shot at making the club out of spring training.

Outside that, everything else seems to be fine I believe.

Last edited by theschmaranz; 03-09-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

One thing to consider along the way here is saving early and often. I don't know if anyone knows a roster movement / create a player limit on this game.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 3

Rocco Baldelli- Red Sox
Claudio Vargas- Dodgers
Rob Mackowiak- Mets
Callix Crabbe- Mariners
Vance Wilson- Royals
Carlos Melo- Rangers
Guillermo Moscoso- Rangers (Melo and Moscoso were traded from the Tigers for Gerald Laird)
Old 03-10-2009, 12:45 AM   #79
Pro

I know where those guys are supposed to be, but I can't find them in the MVP rosters anywhere. I'm stuck doing this in the game, as I don't have a modded Xbox to convert these to my PC so I can read them in MVPEdit.

I did find a few guys I was looking for (like Mackowiak) tonight. What I'm doing is slowly working through the CBS list and crossing off guys as I find and reassign them. I'm also giong through the names posted here. At this point I think I'll concentrate on getting everyone frmo these lists done before I release another update. At least the people who only care for Majors have something to keep them busy for a while.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #80
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Just chiming in again to say I appreciate the effort. Especially doing it in game on Xbox. I've done many rosters in my time on the consoles and I know how time consuming it really is. It is quite a task.

Please keep us updated.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »