Home

Old 03-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Thanks. I'm in the porcess of whittling down the transactions. I really wish MVPEdit could handle directly importing the Xbox saves, as it would make this a whole lot easier, but I don't have a modded XBox.

I am finding a few players in places I did not expect. I used KGs 6.2 for the PC and MVPEdit to search to players. I found Crabbe on the Brewers AAA team, even though I don't think he was ever really on that team in real life. Some guys, like Vance Wilson just are not in there. So, I am getting closer, one transaction at a time.

Once the transactions are caught up, I'll go back to looking at ratings. I may post an new file Sunday, depending on how many playes I have left to move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 46

I wish they would make this game backward compatible, or atleast NCAA
Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

matthewk...

as an indians fan, i looked at these rosters last night...

- anthony reyes is on the cardinals - he will be a starting pitcher for cleveland (tom mastny from cleveland's AAA roster is pitching in japan this season, so you can drop him to FA and move reyes to buffalo and then call him up. you can also drop meloan and call up jensen lewis. i also lowered adam miller's stamina to the mid 40s - the indians see him more as a reliever due to finger injuries that are costing him.

- also caught adam eaton - he needs to be moved from FA to Baltimore

- i could not find carl pavano anywhere - he'll be a starting pitcher (most likely) for cleveland this season as their #5 guy. not sure why he's not on KG's previous roster...guess it was because he was hurt.

- duaner sanchez cut (mets) - i called up pagan (of)...esteban german cut (kansas city) - i called up billy butler.

- move michael brantley from milwaukee's AAA team to cleveland's AAA team (buffalo) - he came to cleveland in the CC Sabathia trade.

i'll look at these some more when i have time - i'm at the office right now and have a meeting tonight, but this is what i can recall off the top of my head...but they're a good base to build on and hopefully we'll be there come opening day. thanks again!

NOTE: it would be great if those of you here that are fans of certain teams take a little time and go through the rosters, especially the AAA level. it will be near impossible to get everything 100% correct, but it would be nice to at least have the majors and AAA teams mostly correct.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #84
Pro

Good news guys. I am off of work today and the kids are at school all day, so I'm using this rare free time to work on the rosters.

I made thee changes mentioned above where the players alreasy exist in the rosters. I will worry about creating more players later if need be. Some players that should be in there (Baldelli, Pavano) dissappeared somhow. They show up in KGs PC file, but they are not in the Xbox version. Not sure if the conversion did somthing to them or if someone removed them prior to posting them. I used them as the base, and I can't delete existing players in the XBox, so I'm not sure what happened to them. The goos news is that I can always re-created them, and there do not appear to be many players like this.

I worked through most of the CBSSports player movement chart. Some players should be in there, but I just can't find them yet. I've got the list down to a couple dozen low level players. Maybe 1 or 2 will affect ML rosters, and at some point I will track them down (maybe with help?).

At this point I am working through each organization. I'm using CBSSPorts, mlbdepthcharts, and RotoTimes to set the ML rosters based on what we know right now. Naturally these will change as we get closer to opening day. I am also trying to adjust the minor league rosters manually so that all the lineups and rotations are valid. I'm not letting the CPU optimize them because I've noticed it will pick up players, like retirees. Part of this is also making sure no highly rated players are in A-ball. I will move them up to AAA or AA.

As I do this I am altering some ratings of players where it is obvious they need an adjustment. An example of this is Denard Span. He was rated way to low.

Hopefully I can get an update posted late today or tomorrow. After that I will again welcmoe any comment on changes that should be made. At some point I want to make sure the jersey numbers are correct, but that will be one of the last things I do.

Thanks for your patience guys. This is a lot of work, but it's well worth it. I still love to play this game more than any other baseball game (even the Show).
Old 03-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

sounds good!

i played 2k9 for the 360 last night...i just can't stomach that game. i got shelled (lost to baltimore 11-1) but that was the first 2k baseball i had ever played in my life. didn't read the manual, just started guessing at the controls (dumb idea).

but i love mvp baseball and am glad this is being kept alive. thanks again for your efforts on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #86
Pro

I officially have no life, at least not outside of MVP 2005

The lastest update is on the first post in this thread. HUndreds of rosters moves were made. I also went over the ML lineups again to make adjustments where needed. At this point in the season there are still lots of questions. I used mlbdepthcharts.com this time around for batting orders and rotatations.

I did get in a number of the latest roster moves, like the mariners signing Cordero and the Brewers releasing Gagne.

There are still a few missing players, and I will contuinue to work on those and ratings adjustments in the upcoming weeks. 98% of the players should be in their proper organization. The minor league lineups are all valid (as far as having every position filled), but I did not go over them for accuracy to real life as far as who is in what level of minors or what the batting orders are.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

i found this today...not sure it is much help, but thought it wouldn't hurt to post this:

List of Major League Baseball free agents, 2008-2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i also saw today that the cubs signed esteban german to a minor league deal...and florida cut jay gibbons.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #88
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Just wondering how you can add players. It won't let me edit players names. Are you using the CAP feature to add new players, if not is there a way to edit these players in the minors, I know in the original game you can change minor league players names and att's. The only reason I'm asking is say 3 years from now we wont be able to edit the existing guys or add new players to this file. This roster file is great, just worried about a long term thing. I know this is because of the mvp edit transfer from originally kg, but is there a way to edit these players? Thanks again for the work.

Anyone know some good mvp slider settings.

Here's a great site for what pitches and speeds a pitcher throws
Baseball Statistics and Analysis | FanGraphs Baseball

Last edited by jsou4646; 03-14-2009 at 03:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »