Home

Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

This is a discussion on Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

matthewk...

i hope you don't mind, but i spent some time working with your file and wanted to post an update of YOUR work...i give you full credit for this.

a number of additional transactions were made, especially AAA players...i updated Wieters (Balt.) and Price (TB) as they are the top rated rookies (using sources from the internet). I created Pavano using the attributes from KGbaseball's rosters from last year. Overall, the file you put together is outstanding, and i had fun looking for things to enhance it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MVPBasebal_MK31409Upd.zip (292.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #90
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Just wondering how you can add players. It won't let me edit players names. Are you using the CAP feature to add new players, if not is there a way to edit these players in the minors, I know in the original game you can change minor league players names and att's. The only reason I'm asking is say 3 years from now we wont be able to edit the existing guys or add new players to this file. This roster file is great, just worried about a long term thing. I know this is because of the mvp edit transfer from originally kg, but is there a way to edit these players? Thanks again for the work.
The game itself will not allow you to edit existing players' names or appearance. If someone has a modded Xbox, there is a way to convert the rosters to PC format and then be able to fully edit them using MVPEdit. The players I've created (only 2 so far) have been done so using the CAP in the game.

I don't know how we'd be able to keep this roster fully updated for years. Without the full editing capabilities of an MVPEdit, keeping these updated for years to come will be near impossible. I think it would be doable for a couple of years, but as time goes on and more player retire and new ones arrive it would get to be too much. I am hoping that sometime this year KG releases a new roster for the PC and someone converts that to the Xbox again. I did these because I'm not sure what KGs plans are for new rosters or if anyone will convert them to the XBox.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #91
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
matthewk...

i hope you don't mind, but i spent some time working with your file and wanted to post an update of YOUR work...i give you full credit for this.

a number of additional transactions were made, especially AAA players...i updated Wieters (Balt.) and Price (TB) as they are the top rated rookies (using sources from the internet). I created Pavano using the attributes from KGbaseball's rosters from last year. Overall, the file you put together is outstanding, and i had fun looking for things to enhance it.
I will use this file to continue to make changes then.

Can anyone find Brendan Donnelley? He's one of the likely ML roster players I have not been able to locate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #92
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

KG's 2009 rosters are now over at eamods. There is no conversion for Xbox yet.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #93
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I will use this file to continue to make changes then.

Can anyone find Brendan Donnelley? He's one of the likely ML roster players I have not been able to locate.
sounds good...now that it's in your hands i won't touch it until you do anything with it. when you re-post then i'll go back through.

right now it's a matter of staying on top of the various position battles on the different teams and seeing who comes out on top.

i'll keep an eye out for donnelly - i can't recall him off the top of my head.

the last transaction i made was putting j. tavarez on the nationals and moved matt whitney from cleveland's minors to the nationals minor league.

i'm having fun with this game and can't believe this is still THE baseball game to play.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #94
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

[quote=matthewk;2039301723]I will use this file to continue to make changes then.

Can anyone find Brendan Donnelley? He's one of the likely ML roster players I have not been able to locate.[/quote
Donnelley has a fake name. I'm not sure what it was, but on the original file you had to change his name yourself. As was Kevin Millar and a couple other guys.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #95
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

http://www.operationsports.com/mm/ar...p/t-89756.html

Barry Bonds (Jon Dowd) - 0092
Brian Daubach (Bailey Osborne) - 0204
Brendan Donnelly (Scott Barcik) - 1638
Jose Flores (Scott Smith) - 1667
Charles Gipson (Chris Parker) - 1056
Matt Herges (Daryle Patterson) - 0374
Corey Lidle (A. Hughes) - 0492
Kerry Ligtenberg (S. Venema) - 0495
Ron Mahay (N. Genereaux) - 0529
Tom Martin (Jake Byrd) - 0536
Frank Menechino (Tim Murphy) - 0574
Lou Merloni (Paul Cruz) - 1101
Kevin Millar (A. Freise) - 0583
Damian Miller (R. Chamberlain) - 0584
Justin Miller (A. Callaway) - 1858
Eddie Oropesa (Ryan Lewis) - 1228
Keith Osik (Angel Brown) - 0664
Shane Spencer (Larry Reed) - 0835
Jamie Walker (D. Smith) - 2062
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #96
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
KG's 2009 rosters are now over at eamods. There is no conversion for Xbox yet.
I just read the most recent few posts over there about it. Sounds like 7.0 may be the last update we get from him. If it gets converted to the Xbox then we'll have to figure out whether to use his 7.0 and build from that, or just continue with this one. The one post the jumped out at me was the one mentioned he did not update ratings, just made moves. So guys like Longoria, Hamilton, and Span will not be rated as high as they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »