Home

Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

This is a discussion on Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #97
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I just read the most recent few posts over there about it. Sounds like 7.0 may be the last update we get from him. If it gets converted to the Xbox then we'll have to figure out whether to use his 7.0 and build from that, or just continue with this one. The one post the jumped out at me was the one mentioned he did not update ratings, just made moves. So guys like Longoria, Hamilton, and Span will not be rated as high as they should.
Yup, it looks like he's getting into 2k9 modding...isn't 2k9 really bad?

There is a guy over there that knows how to convert the rosters to Xbox if they are slow in doing it (which they were last year). If he does it, I can get it to you and you can start making changes to the ratings.

Although it sucks he didn't update the ratings (where did you read this, I didn't see that mentioned), I assume the minor league rosters would at least be accurate. That is a plus.

Last edited by JohnTesh; 03-14-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #98
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Icon1 Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
Yup, it looks like he's getting into 2k9 modding...isn't 2k9 really bad?

There is a guy over there that knows how to convert the rosters to Xbox if they are slow in doing it (which they were last year). If he does it, I can get it to you and you can start making changes to the ratings.

Although it sucks he didn't update the ratings, I assume the minor league rosters would at least be accurate. That is a plus.
Are you going to try to contact the guy about converting the file?
And yes 2k9 sucked IMO. I have actually played mvp05 on the xbox up until last year. The pc version was fun but I like playing on the console. I tried re doing MLB2k7 but found too man game play flaws to go on with it. So I started updating my 08 xbox file. I'm glad I checked these forums before going crazy editing, in the end saving a ton of time. Anyone know the max on CAPS?
Too bad kg's base has the correct managers and almost every player, with pa and so on. It really would be great too have a base that we could edit the minor league players with, enabeling us too keep this game around as long as we want. That being said the detail kg used makes the game very fun.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #99
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

I sent him a PM today. He doesn't have an email listed on the site. He hasn't logged onto eamods since 3/8.

I looked at kg's roster page and the thing that scared me was that you needed MVP 08 for them to work. I have no idea if that messes up what he did last year to convert them.

krawhitham said he wouldn't be around to converting them until Monday at the earliest, so we may not end up needing my guy.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #100
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
I sent him a PM today. He doesn't have an email listed on the site. He hasn't logged onto eamods since 3/8.

I looked at kg's roster page and the thing that scared me was that you needed MVP 08 for them to work. I have no idea if that messes up what he did last year to convert them.

krawhitham said he wouldn't be around to converting them until Monday at the earliest, so we may not end up needing my guy.
Right on keep us posted
Old 03-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

i was just there a few minutes ago (saturday - around 4:15 pm) and Mr. Cubbie said he will convert them to the original xbox (KG's version 7.0) after the first baseman gloves and cyberfaces were removed). so this is GREAT news! Sounds like they'll be up soon.

the truth is that what they can offer is better than anything we can do here.

i'd suggest (just my opinion) that since it looks like this will be the last potential xbox file for this game, that matthewk have the master copy of this file and keep it updated on a daily basis and then we can use that roster as a base for future ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #102
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

Yup, mr. cubbie is the guy I was referring to in a previous post. Looks like we shall have the roster soon!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #103
Pro

OVR: 9

nm

Last edited by matthewk; 03-14-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #104
Pro

OVR: 9

DOH! It's great that he's got one last final version, but now I'm bummed that I spent all this time with 6.2. I posted my spreadsheet for ratings in the formulas thread (main MVP area). Hopefully we can use these to edit ratings if KG isn't going to do that in his.

If we have a steady contact for converting save files, maybe we could have him convert XBox back to PC so we can use MVPEdit as a tool. I'd love to put the 2008 stats in there, and MVPEdit will let you do that. Right now 7.0 still shows 2007 stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »