Home

Old 03-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #113
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Matt asked a question about whether or not you can convert Xbox rosters back to PC so he could use MVPedit. Is that something you can accomplish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEaLtHsHoT
Good deal no more weird colored gloves. BTW do you think you can take out some guys in the roster who retired? or that the game made and their overall is too high.
So what are we going to do here matt? I feel bad that your thread (and rosters) have been over taken by KG's. Are you going to use his as a base and make ratings changes based off your formulas? I checked out the Yankees minor league rosters and they look pretty solid, so his rosters have that going for them, while yours have updated ratings.

Last edited by JohnTesh; 03-15-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #114
Rookie

Well i can lower their ratings but they will still be in the game when they shouldnt be I dunno but here are the guys.

Free Agents
C- Josh Paul (Yankees Minor League Manager)
1B- Player A (Can be removed)
1B- Carlos Mendez (Coach for the Braves)
LF- Moises Alou (Announced he was retiring)
RP- Mike Timlin (Dont know if he retired yet)
RP- Jose Mesa (Too old LOL)
Old 03-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #115
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

Well, here's what I can do. I can give him the updated .dat files for the rosters. He would then have to import the .dat files into MVPEdit and then he could edit the rosters to his liking. When he was done editing, he could export the .dat files and then he could send the .dat files over to me and I can convert them into xbox form.

When a new roster comes out, I am sure KG will have deleted them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #116
Pro

OVR: 9

Over all these look really good, but there will be some work to do. Hey, now I get to be on the giving instead of the recieving end of this

Couple of quick things I noticed:
- The Rangers still have Young at SS and Davis at 3B.
- Ratings will need to be adjusted for some players. Guys like Doumit and Longoria need to be bumped up, while guys like Griffey Jr. need to be brought down some.

I'm still ticked I wasted all that time on updating KGs 6.2, but oh well. At least we will get an MVP 2009 on the XBox I'm going to see how easy it is to add 2008 stats using the PC version and MVPEdit. If we have someone on hand that can convert roster files between the PC and Xbox we can continue on where KG is (apparently) leaving off.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #117
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
So what are we going to do here matt? I feel bad that your thread (and rosters) have been over taken by KG's. Are you going to use his as a base and make ratings changes based off your formulas? I checked out the Yankees minor league rosters and they look pretty solid, so his rosters have that going for them, while yours have updated ratings.
I think the best thing to do is to *sigh* use KGs 7.0 as the new base and go from there. He's got all the players in there, so long term this is the better one to work with.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:00 AM   #118
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I'm still ticked I wasted all that time on updating KGs 6.2, but oh well. At least we will get an MVP 2009 on the XBox I'm going to see how easy it is to add 2008 stats using the PC version and MVPEdit. If we have someone on hand that can convert roster files between the PC and Xbox we can continue on where KG is (apparently) leaving off.
Well, didn't you at least start changing ratings. At least you have an idea what you have to do in that regard (I realize you still spent a huge amount of time on the transactions, but I'm trying to find something for you to salvage )

Some random questions/thoughts. Can we get the correct ages on guys? IIRC, last year's rosters still had the players ages back in 05 (so Joba Chamerlain was 18 or 19). If we can get franchises with correct schedules again this year, could a guy like Sheets be injured to start the season?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #119
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Over all these look really good, but there will be some work to do. Hey, now I get to be on the giving instead of the recieving end of this

Couple of quick things I noticed:
- The Rangers still have Young at SS and Davis at 3B.
- Ratings will need to be adjusted for some players. Guys like Doumit and Longoria need to be bumped up, while guys like Griffey Jr. need to be brought down some.

1. Download and extract file
2. Open up MVPEdit
3. Click Import
4. After you click Import it should say "import DAT files". Go to the folder where you extracted the file with all the DAT files in it. Double click on that folder.
5. Save your roster as "KG70
6. Edit the roster to your liking
7. When done, export the DAT files to the same folder you imported them and extracted the file.
8. Highlight all the DAT files and right click and then click add to "database.rar" or "database.zip"
9. Upload that file to this forum and then I can convert it to xbox and publish that file in here.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip database.zip (766.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #120
Pro

Thanks for the files. I was able to load them into MPVEdit successfully.

I downloaded the latest Lahman database so that we can get 2008 stats into the game. After some "adjustments", I am now able to load career stats into the rosters up through 2008.

I think the first step would be to use these files to update the career stats. After that we can either use MVPEdit or the game itself to adjust lineups and ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »