Home

Old 03-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

This is really a newbie question ... as i know nothing about video games and just play MVP 2005 from time to time but can someone explain to me exactly the process I would have to go thru to get the updated rosters on to my xbox and mvp baseball 2005 once this process is all done?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 AM   #138
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens, NY
This is really a newbie question ... as i know nothing about video games and just play MVP 2005 from time to time but can someone explain to me exactly the process I would have to go thru to get the updated rosters on to my xbox and mvp baseball 2005 once this process is all done?
Regular XBox1:

You must use Action Replay. After file is loaded to the AR mem card, place mem card in your XBox controller. At the dashboard go to memory and copy file from the mem card to the proper area for mvp2005. Then once in game, load the rosters. If you start the game before you copy over the roster file you can't access it from within the game.

Modded XBox:

Start the XBox by opening tray. You should get your dashboard. Go to files manager and simply copy and paste the roster file from your mem card to the mvp2005 area. (I'm not sure exactly where to do it from the ftp program).
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for your help, but what I'm unsure of is...How do you actually take a file that you see on a webiste( updated roster link)... download it.. and actually load that file into your xbox memory card? Maybe u answered it but im still confused, sorry.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #140
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Since it appears that KG will have another update before opening day, I'm not going to make any changes to 7.0. I'll wait for a final release from him before modifying his files.
How long do you think it will take to get the new ratings on the players once the final version is released.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #141
Pro

OVR: 9

Not sure. I don't know if KG is going to make any adjustments himself. If not, I know of a number of guys that will need slight tweaking. The ratings seem to reflect the 2007 year, and I'm not interested in going through every single player and moving a guy's contact rating from 82 to 84 based on formulas. I just want to get the big movers.

One idea I have is to compare 2007 to 2008 stats and hilight guys that had a significant difference between the years. Not sure exactly how to define that yet, but I can use the Lahman database and some SQL to get this done pretty quickly.

From what I saw so far in 7.0, I could have a lot of the ratings chanes made in about a week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #142
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

is it confirmed that the next / new updated version will be put out for the regular xbox on action replay? hope so...

i traded in 2k9 the other day - i just hated that game. i love mvp 05, and am still blown away by how much fun that game is. i'm not a real big graphics guy, but simulation is very important to me.

i appreciate the work that goes into this file...
Old 03-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #143
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

How many players can you create? What is the max?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #144
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
is it confirmed that the next / new updated version will be put out for the regular xbox on action replay? hope so...
mr. cubbie usually converts any PC rosters to Xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »