Home

Old 02-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Tried them out last night with Oakland....some of the teams are missing one player on the MLB roster so the computer manually updates but they're still definitely fun...

Did you tweak any of the ratings from KG's 6.2 update?

Thanks again...

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

just by chance i happended to see this thread. thanks! i am currently just playing mlb 08 the show (ps3)...but now i'm inspired to pull out the old systems and see a complete list on how my long lost season saves are doing..might even play a few season games of each in the next few days
wsb 2k3(xbox),
espn 2k4(xbox),
mlb 2k5(xbox),
all star 05(xbox),
homerun king(gc),
wsb2k1(dcast),
mlb 2k7(ps3),
...and now a new season in mvp 05(xbox) will begin shortly.

thanks again!!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

I noticed that a number of teams are short a player. If you let the CPU fix them, it can mess up the lineups. I'll go through and make sure every team has 25 players. I should have a new file posted by the end of the week to fix this.

I did updated ratings for a number of players, but I don't have any set formula for it. In cases where I know a guy had dropped off or increased significantly, I tried to adjust certain ratings to reflect it. I also raised ratings on guys that were minor leaguers in prior seasons, but are now projected to start of at least stay in the majors. That should limit the CPU trying to move guys back down in a season. I also plan on adjusting retired players ratings down to the point whrere they won't get put back on a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Oh, and any comments on what needs to be fixed are welcome. I wanted to share what I had so others had something to use prior to the season, and so that I had more eyes to check my work.

I didn't even look at jersey numbers, so players that switched teams and changed numbers will still have their old number. I'd also like to hear back on batting orders. Some teams were hard to figure out, so I did the best I could.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Nice work! I know some guys really get into the minors, but I think a majority just want the MLB experience. I've enjoyed the xbox version once again.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #14
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Oh, and any comments on what needs to be fixed are welcome. I wanted to share what I had so others had something to use prior to the season, and so that I had more eyes to check my work.

I didn't even look at jersey numbers, so players that switched teams and changed numbers will still have their old number. I'd also like to hear back on batting orders. Some teams were hard to figure out, so I did the best I could.

I have done this also. Where I get my starting lineup from is rototimes.com..I'll post the link.

http://www.rototimes.com/mlb/team/BAL/depthchart

That's the link, click on clubhouse pick your team and then click go..

Hope I can help, if you need anything else, I'll be gladly to help.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 02-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
thanks for sharing these!

anyone interested in building a community file here? i get the impression that the people from EAmods and MVPmods won't be doing much with the regular xbox file anymore.

i would be nice if we could build one here...

i still play this game a LOT and can't get into 2k's version of baseball. would love to keep this game alive with updated rosters.
I think as long as there is a roster, it can be converted to Xbox I believe. Last year a guy (Mr. Cubbie I think) did that when kg let him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
I think as long as there is a roster, it can be converted to Xbox I believe. Last year a guy (Mr. Cubbie I think) did that when kg let him.
True....but the wait was a bit long. Not complaining.....just facts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »