Home

Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

^^ yeah, that conversion took forever. the ps2 version never did get an update, as the only one available was for the opening day rosters of last year (but no trade updated one).

we could pass around an xbox file here that we can work on...just an idea.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #18
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
True....but the wait was a bit long. Not complaining.....just facts.
That is absolutely true...but the rosters are unbelievable.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

KGs rosters are great. Using it for the 2009 update made my life a lot easier, as he already had pretty much every minor leaguer in there. I hope KG doesn't mind me taking one of his old sets and updating for the Xbox. I decided to do this because with each year, the Xbox conversion seems to take longer,and I wanted to have a current roster for opening day.

I checked out the roto site. Iit has what I was looking for with the batting orders. I'll be working on this some more over the next few days, and should have a much improved update over the weekend.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Despite the anticipation for 2K9, I think the Ultimate Rosters team is gearing up to release a set this year, as they did not last year. I think the main thing with KG's as with any roster set is that you simply extend the courtesy of letting them know you're going to expand off of their work. Technically, no roster maker can disallow you, because let's face it; they are expanding off of something else which can all be traced back to the original rosters. The only thing a roster "maker" can do is either not post rosters at an alternate site or simply stop making the rosters.

I had released a pre-update to KG's last year which came with the 08 mod b/c it was taking so long. I really just innocently wanted to help the community over there and of course one of the mainstays had a minor aneurism over it...... so basically I would just mention something to him.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yeah, they seem to think their roster updates are on par with a cure for cancer...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

This may be biting off way more than I have the time or energy for, but I was trying to think of a way to ensure accurate ratings. So far I've juts been "winging it", so to speak. Guys that are on the way up or down I've been adjusting ratings for based on what "feels" right.

So my (crazy) idea would be to use a combination of 2008 stats and 2009 projections to try and get a more accurate gague of what the ratings should be. At this point I'm still trying to work out the details of how to exactly arrive at MVP ratings based on stats, and then how to get them into the game.

Would this be worth the undertaking, or do we wait for KG or someone else to build their roster and then convert it to Xbox?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

PooDiddy developed a ratings guide a while back. I have used it before and I think it is overall very good.

Here's the link: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-charts.html

If you scroll down you will see a chart based on his ratings guide.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Calculator's were placed in the DL section recently. Now, not that I would do it for everyone, but key players on given teams could be redone using these tools. I don't understand where or how to get hot/cold zones and would leave them as is, but if each of us would take a couple of teams it could get done. I'd be willing to do the Phils and Nationals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »