Home

Old 02-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

The original post has the updated rosters as of 2/22/09.

Includes transactions like Hudson on the Dodogers and Crede on the Twins.

Updated the stamina for a number of pitchers to more accurately reflect 2008 performance.

Updated batting orders and pitching rotations

Lowered the stats on retired players to prevent CPU from picking them up in season play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #26
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

This guy has a ratings calculator app on his site...http://dylanbradbury.googlepages.com/applications
Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #27
MVP

koebner's Arena

I have just started to dig into this update,and I have signed a bunch of FAs to their current team and released a lot of guys who are no longer on their respective teams.I have signed GA to the Braves,got Adam Dunn playing 1B,etc. and have begun to correct jersey numbers.I haven't messed with batting orders much,but have fixed some bullpen issues.

Here's the file;hope I didn't step on any toes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MVPBasebal_MJK2009(Ro.zip (292.7 KB, 39 views)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #28
Pro

I don't mind the help, as long as I know what was changed. I thought I had the major FAs, so I assume the additional pickups are backups or minor leaguers? I know there were a lot of older playerrs signed to minor league contracts recently.

I left Dunn in LF because of the 3 depth charts I use (CBSSportsline, ESPN, and rotowire), at least 1 of them had him starting there.

Did you update the original 2/17 file, or the 2/22 one?
Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #29
Pro

This is my to-do list for this week (so far):

- Sign Heilman to the Cubs. I finally found him on the Mariners AAA team last night

- Complete a speed formula. I think am going to use a combination of SBs and triples to calcualte speed ratings. LIke the others ratings, I will only change players who rate significantly different from what they already are in MVP. I'm not going to worry about a 1-2 point difference in a player.

- I'm also working on forulas for figuring feilding ratings. I found some really useful data at Hardball Times that has arm strengths and zone ratings. I should be able to convert those to MVP ratings without too much trouble.

I took a look at the software program that Bradubury guy came up with. It's nice, but it looks like it's only 1 player at a time, and only calculates contact, power, and speed. I've got a spreadsheet with all the data in one place, so it's easier to use it to edit players that way. Thanks for the link though.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #30
MVP

koebner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I don't mind the help, as long as I know what was changed. I thought I had the major FAs, so I assume the additional pickups are backups or minor leaguers? I know there were a lot of older playerrs signed to minor league contracts recently.

I left Dunn in LF because of the 3 depth charts I use (CBSSportsline, ESPN, and rotowire), at least 1 of them had him starting there.

Did you update the original 2/17 file, or the 2/22 one?
I used 2/22.Every guy signed was cross referenced with MLB.com...some are NRIs,but it allows me to cut some of the glaring guys that need to be off the teams.The Reds,for example,no longer have Valentin,Coffey,or Fogg,who you still had on the MLB 25 man.

Dunn will play 1B,as the Nats OF situation is Dukes,Milledge,Kearns,Willingham,and Pena.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm so glad to see some folks working on these rosters. I'm 52 and I work all the time. I had lost hope that there would be any X-Box Rosters this year.

This old Dude appreciates what you guys are doing.

I use them with some CPU vs CPU settings that I have enjoyed for the last 2 years. The settings are far from perfect, but they are good enough for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDirtRoad
I use them with some CPU vs CPU settings that I have enjoyed for the last 2 years. The settings are far from perfect, but they are good enough for me.

You made me think that the managing you can do when you go back to the sim screen would actually be great to do in-game. It would be great to tell your pitcher to pitch around a guy, shift your defense, give your batter signals from the base coach, etc. It's a shame they didn't build that in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »