Home

Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

This is a discussion on Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09 within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You made me think that the managing you can do when you go back to the sim screen would actually be great to do in-game. It would be great to tell your pitcher to pitch around a guy, shift your defense, give your batter signals from the base coach, etc. It's a shame they didn't build that in.

A damn shame. I enjoyed the sim screen, to have had it in the live action game...would have been awesome. I have played this Baseball game more than any. I have been playing a season with some X-Box Classic Rosters that someone created, I did not expect an update for 2009. Nice to see someone that has the "fire" to do it. It would have taken me half the real season to update everything.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yeah, i love this game too...appreciate seeing the rosters here.

Koebner: what's the status on the minor league teams? I know those are tough...

Baseball America magazine will put out the full rosters for every level of every team once the season begins. i typically buy that edition of the magazine (newspaper format) each year...
Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

the italian brew crew master say thank you guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #36
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
I have just started to dig into this update,and I have signed a bunch of FAs to their current team and released a lot of guys who are no longer on their respective teams.I have signed GA to the Braves,got Adam Dunn playing 1B,etc. and have begun to correct jersey numbers.I haven't messed with batting orders much,but have fixed some bullpen issues.

Here's the file;hope I didn't step on any toes.
I would think we have enough toes to go around. Like matt said, it's not like we're curing cancer here.

My only suggestion is to name your rosters with a date; something like: 022309v1 or something like that. These rosters don't allow the use of exclamation marks or even periods in the naming.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

I was renaming the files once they got to my PC, but I'll start saving them on the Xbox with different names to avoid confusion.

I took a look at the changes Koebner made, and they look good. I'll use that version to make the next round of changes.

I came up with formulas for calculating speed and plate discipline. The good news is that a lot of the attributes are already good in the rosters, so not a lot of ratings tweaking will be required. I was just going to check players that I suspect have changed due to usexpected play (both good & bad) in 2008. Guys like Longoria, Drew, and maybe guys lke Lowell and Schilling.

I'm also close to getting good formulas for being able to get to the fielding ratings like arm strength, range, and accuracy.

I'm glad I'm doing this not only for MVP, but these formulas can be easily adjusted for getting ratings for other games like Power Pros, 2k and MLB the Show.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #38
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Hmmm, you've changed the name on the PC and the xbox still accepted that? I would think that would corrupt it seeing as you made the adjustments using the xbox and not something else. I'm also still a bit in the dark as to how to get rosters into my "special" xbox since the game doesn't read the AR mem card once fired up.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #39
Pro

I should have made that clearer. What I changed on the PC was the name of the .zip file, not the actual save file. Once the save is transferred to the Xbox via AR, it's the same old name.

BTW, I'm doing all of this on an unmodded Xbox, and I'm using the game for all the changes, not MVPEdit.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #40
Pro

The first post has the updated file as of today.

- Moved David Price up to ML level
- Moved Aaron Heilman onto Cubs
- Adjusted the catchers throwing power based on last years CS% and steal attempts
- Adjusted a number of players contact, power, plate discipline, and speed ratings based on formulas using 2008 stats. If a guy has a history of high average and too a dive last year I would only adjust him down part way, taking historical performance into account.
- Adjusted some pitchers ratings where it was obvious they wwere rated too high\low.
- Adjusted some OFs throwing strength based on 2008 outfield arm stats found over at TheHardballTimes

Where I could really use some help is if people could identify players whose ratings seem too high or low. I don't have time to go through every single player and compare their MVP ratings to what I've calculated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »