Home

Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #57
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

This is from Pete Abraham, a Yankee beat writer. I wonder if it would be a good idea to scour the internet for projected lineups from beat writers.

Lineup
Damon LF
Jeter SS
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Matsui DH
Posada C
Cano 2B
Swisher RF
Gardner CF

Bench
Nady OF
Molina C
Ransom INF
Cabrera OF

Rotation
Sabathia
Wang
Burnett
Pettitte
Chamberlain

Bullpen
Rivera
Marte
Bruney
Aceves
Coke
Veras
Robertson
Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

-Where's Johnny Gomes? (Rays) He's going to start in RF for them most likely.
-Nomar is still in Free Agency (Athletics)
-Bobby Kielty still on Red Sox (Mets)
-Mike Carp still on Mets AA (Mariners- part of Putz trade)
-Mike Sweeney still on Dodgers (Mariners)
-Al Reyes still on Rays (released)
-Adam Kennedy still in Free Agents (Rays)
-Curt Schilling still on Red Sox (Free agents)
-Josh Phelps still on Cardinals (Giants)
-Oscar Villarreal still in Free Agency (Royals)
-Chad Cordero still on Nationals (Free agents)
-Jorge Sosa still in Free Agents (Nationals)
-Sandy Alomar Jr on Cubs and Mike DiFelice on Rays (both retired)
-Gustavo Molina and Raul Casanova still on Mets (Molina is on the Nationals, Casanova is in Free Agents)
-Damion Easley still on Mets (Free agent)
-Ramon Martinez on Dodgers (Mets)
-J.J. Furmaniak in Free Agents (Phillies)
-So Taguchi in Free Agents (Cubs)
-Brandon Watson on Lynx/Phillies AAA (Sidewinders/Diamondbacks AAA)
-Tim Raines on Sidewinders (Free Agents)
-Jerome Williams in Free Agents (Athletics)
-Kiko Calero on Athletics (Marlins)
-Mark Mulder and Anthony Reyes on Cardinals (Free agents)
-Gary Glover on Rays (Cardinals)
-Jamey Wright in Free Agents (Royals)
-Abraham O. Nunez on Mets (Free Agents)
-Kyle Snyder and Jon Switzer on Red Sox (Mets)
-Valerio de los Santos on Rockies (Mets)
-Willie Collazo on Mets (Marlins)
-Matt Wise and Ambroix Burgos on Mets (Free Agents)
-Paul McNaulty and Enique Gonzalez on Padres (Red Sox)
-Jason Lane on Yankees (Red Sox)
-Mark Redman and Victor Zambrano on Rockies (Free Agents)
-Will Ohman and Ruben Gotay on Braves (Free Agents)
-Corky Miller on Braves (White Sox)
Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc92787
-Where's Johnny Gomes? (Rays) He's going to start in RF for them most likely.
-Nomar is still in Free Agency (Athletics)
-Bobby Kielty still on Red Sox (Mets)
-Mike Carp still on Mets AA (Mariners- part of Putz trade)
-Mike Sweeney still on Dodgers (Mariners)
-Al Reyes still on Rays (released)
-Adam Kennedy still in Free Agents (Rays)
-Curt Schilling still on Red Sox (Free agents)
-Josh Phelps still on Cardinals (Giants)
-Oscar Villarreal still in Free Agency (Royals)
-Chad Cordero still on Nationals (Free agents)
-Jorge Sosa still in Free Agents (Nationals)
-Sandy Alomar Jr on Cubs and Mike DiFelice on Rays (both retired)
-Gustavo Molina and Raul Casanova still on Mets (Molina is on the Nationals, Casanova is in Free Agents)
-Damion Easley still on Mets (Free agent)
-Ramon Martinez on Dodgers (Mets)
-J.J. Furmaniak in Free Agents (Phillies)
-So Taguchi in Free Agents (Cubs)
-Brandon Watson on Lynx/Phillies AAA (Sidewinders/Diamondbacks AAA)
-Tim Raines on Sidewinders (Free Agents)
-Jerome Williams in Free Agents (Athletics)
-Kiko Calero on Athletics (Marlins)
-Mark Mulder and Anthony Reyes on Cardinals (Free agents)
-Gary Glover on Rays (Cardinals)
-Jamey Wright in Free Agents (Royals)
-Abraham O. Nunez on Mets (Free Agents)
-Kyle Snyder and Jon Switzer on Red Sox (Mets)
-Valerio de los Santos on Rockies (Mets)
-Willie Collazo on Mets (Marlins)
-Matt Wise and Ambroix Burgos on Mets (Free Agents)
-Paul McNaulty and Enique Gonzalez on Padres (Red Sox)
-Jason Lane on Yankees (Red Sox)
-Mark Redman and Victor Zambrano on Rockies (Free Agents)
-Will Ohman and Ruben Gotay on Braves (Free Agents)
-Corky Miller on Braves (White Sox)
did you gather this information from his LATEST roster set? if so, this is a lot of stuff that isn't even close to accurate. again, not trying to sound critical (and i'm appreciative of anyone who puts the time and effort into rosters) but accuracy is important.

when i posted the ncaa basketball classic rosters, i never posted a file until i had put 5 days and nearly 25 hours into it...but it was important to get the info. correct.

i'm just a little leery about this file if this many updates are needed after this roster file has been posted a few times already. thanks!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 9

jjc - Thanks for the input. I'll make sure all of those moves are made in the next release.

As for Mr. "harsh" (good choice of names BTW) - If you don't want to use the rosters, then don't. I really don't give a f*** what you did when you relased your NCAA rosters. This is my project and I'm doing it my way. I started this for my own personal use and decided to post my work so that others could use them if they wish. I'm not charging for them, and I even stated up front that these would not be 100% accuratre through all the levels.

I've already put at least 30 hours into these. I have a full time job and a family, so this is not my #1 priority in life. There have been a LOT of moves over the offseason, and I've also been trying to adjust ratings so that players more accurately reflect what they are expeted to do this year. it takes a while just to track down a lot of these guys in order to place them on their proper teams.

I'd rather release a number of versions so people who are not as anal as you can enjoy them now. Plus, I apprecaite the help from others, as it spreads some of the work around. If you would like to actually contribute instead of just sit back and complain, we'd be that much closer to the accuracy you are so concerned about.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Jeez, it's not like posting something free on a forum for other guys to use is an automatic ticket to invite critique like it's some type of peer or supervision review. Cripes.

Matt...... I know CBSsports depth charts are listing players in order. It's just do damn hard to tell there who is staying and who is going. You can't just keep a player on the 25 man roster because it's believed that someone is "most likely" going to be there once April rolls around. The upside to CBS's site is that some of the players have updated news associated right there with their names. I could do the NL East and give you the possible projected rosters based on what they're saying. (I mean, put it in text form. There's no sense in passing a roster file around and taking the chance that the master gets corrupted.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #62
Pro

I want to be clear that I do want these to be as accurate as possible, but I only have so much time to put into it. Plus, I don't follow the minor league teams at all, other than what the Brewers farm teams may be doing.

I noticed a lot of the moves jjc listed are for player who are in the minors on my current MVP rosters, so I had ignored them to this point. Lists like that help though, and I will make all of those moves, even if they are for minor league players.

What I have done so far it tried to get the *projected* 25-man rosters right, with accurate batting orders and pitiching rotations. Even tha is a constant work is progress at this point. For example, when I started this project, Gregor Blanco was a starter for the Braves, and now he's listed as a backup according to sites like CBSSportsline.

There are still 30 days until opening day, and I plan on constantly updating this file up until that point.

What I have used so far as references are rototimes and CBSSportsline. I did find a player movement list at CBSSportsline which should help a lot with just getting players on the right teams and getting FAs off of teams.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

wasn't trying to come across as an @ss...and sorry if a part of my last name offends you.

anyway, all i'm saying is that seemed like a LOT of errors on a roster file. i understand the fulltime job and family...i'm a married father of 4, so i'm there with you.

but i have a hard time understanding how that many hours could be put into a file that hasn't had the minor league rosters touched with that many oversights on it. but my apologies if i've offended you...that wasn't my intention. my apologies...
Old 03-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #64
Pro

The name doesn't offend me, just that the "harsh" part described your last post.

Funny you apologize for offending me and then you proceed to do it again. I spent the hours not only on player movement but on adjusting ratings. It takes some time to gather the right statistics and come up with the proper formulas in order to adjust ratings. The fielding ratings were not easy to come by, but I'm glad I did it because a number of catchers neded their arms strength adjusted, not drastically, but enough to make a difference. The majority of the players I missed are ones that not on ML roster, which is what I've been concentrating on, so you should be able to see why I missed them up to now.

It's also not a "final" file but a work in progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »