Home

Old 03-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #65
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Xbox rosters as of 2-17-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Funny you apologize for offending me and then you proceed to do it again.
I found that humorous as well...LOL. Please don't let this guy get you down. I've been enjoying the rosters and am looking forward Opening Day since I'm sure we'll get some more definitives on who is where
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

sorry...
Old 03-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm working on getting a lot more transactions done, using the list provided earlier by jjc and a player movement list from CBSSportsline. Well jjc's list has some errors of their own. For example, Gomes is on the Reds now not the Rays. Glover is on the Nationals not the Cardinals. Tim Raines is still listed as being in teh Diamondbacks minor leagues. I'm not trying to pick on jjc, but I find it a bit amusing to be called out for inaccurate rosters only to find some of the corrections are themselves wrong.

That said, I've made more than 150 additional moves, 99% of which are between minor league teams.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:04 AM   #68
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Thanks for the continued work on these. Very much appreciated.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 03-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I'm working on getting a lot more transactions done, using the list provided earlier by jjc and a player movement list from CBSSportsline. Well jjc's list has some errors of their own. For example, Gomes is on the Reds now not the Rays. Glover is on the Nationals not the Cardinals. Tim Raines is still listed as being in teh Diamondbacks minor leagues. I'm not trying to pick on jjc, but I find it a bit amusing to be called out for inaccurate rosters only to find some of the corrections are themselves wrong.
-I asked about Gomes because I just read an article about a month ago stating that he was still on the Rays and would be their starting right fielder. There was no mention of him being on the Reds at all on ESPN or MLB Network and I never read anything online (I'm watching the Reds 30 Teams in 30 Days as we speak and they have not said a thing about him being there)
-I definitely remember reading an article or Glover's Wikipedia page stating that he signed a minor-league deal with the Cardinals. I guess that fell through. You still had him on the Tigers though don't forget.
-Raines Wikipedia article has him as a free agent and I thought I remembered seeing that he was released or not re-signed but he's listed as a Diamondback on other sources so yes that's right.

I'm sorry that I made some incorrect point outs and that I'm being critical, but the fact is that there were still a lot of mistakes and I noticed a couple more at least after posting my original list. Publically posted rosters should be as accurate as possible.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

Some more corrections:
-Andy Green still on Reds (Mets)
-Paul Bako still on Reds (Cubs)
-Justin Knoedler still on Athletics (Cardinals)
-Ian Ostlund still on Tigers (Cardinals)
-Rico Washington still on Cardinals (Playing in Japan)
-Mike Bacsik still on Nationals (Free Agents)
-Matt DeSalvo still on Braves (Mets)
-Casey Fossum still on Tigers (Mets)
Old 03-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #71
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

Matt,
Keep up the good work....dad of two and completely understand.

Personally, I'm just concerned with the MLB rosters and maybe a couple AAA's that might make the big leagues this year.......

Look forward to going with your file once the season starts......

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 8

I agree great job! I was thinking and it is a huge task...how about making all the players 4 years older to make them their ages of 2009? Of course you would have to do this with everything single player I believe...but it is just a thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »