Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #25
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: JSOU'S MVP 09 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado456
Here's the link:http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=36041

The fix I discuss in the thread works, I played a couple of games after simming, no problems. Just an FYI, it only works if you have a Modified Xbox so just keep that in mind.
I found that link at lunch today, I also saw that you needed a modded xbox which I don't. I only have 4 teams to go and I have been editing rosters since mvp 05 came out, just never released it. To be honest this roster was intended for myself, but after getting some pm's and feedback I figured what the heck.

Last edited by jsou4646; 06-05-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #26
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybown
i'm not trying to sound like a dick, but even if you wanted to do the full minors in due time, theres actually not enough players to pull it off. like i said, i tried, and got frustrated because i just wanted to play.
I'm not doing the minors, only MLB rosters with some guys in aaa. Yea it takes a bunch of time but in a weird way I like doing it. I like finishing a team and seeing where they rank as far as pitcing, hitting, and so on. After each team is done I always play a game with that team and then sim 2 to 3 seasons to see where they stand. So far the standings have been looking pretty dead on. On a side not I always play on mvp difficulty, what level do you guys play on?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

i play on mvp level, but i'm frustrated with my sliders and haven't played much. just can't seem to get them right and it's been a few years now. i think i'm too much of a damn perfectionist, and then i just give up...
Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

I play on Pro Difficulty, but with a modded Datafile that make it feel a lot tougher. Man, you guys should really think about modding for this game. i mean out the box MVP is a stellar game, but with mods it becomes timeless.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

^^i'm just too stupid to do this...
Old 06-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #30
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

I played the pc version for a while, something about playing on the console. Here's the site I'm using for pitchers, with ex Russ Springer.
http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...on=P#pitchtype
That site is great.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #31
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
i play on mvp level, but i'm frustrated with my sliders and haven't played much. just can't seem to get them right and it's been a few years now. i think i'm too much of a damn perfectionist, and then i just give up...
What sliders? I never used sliders until about a year ago, and also always used the view behind the pitcher to hit. Since playing 2k7, it got me hooked on hitting looking at the pitcher. It's view 4, plus 13 on the pitch speed. I don't give pitchers 2-seam fastballs since this game portrays a 2 seamer as a screwball. I use 11-5 break for curves and sliders and 12-6 on change ups. I try to stay uniform for now. Once I get a roster done I will then tweak minor things. I also use 70 for a minimum on break for curves, 55 for almost all sliders, and 40 for changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #32
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Oakland done, onto Texas. Also added Matt Wieters, and David Price as a top 100 prospects to Baltimore and Tampa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »