Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #801
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Just make sure you get the final rosters when Gomer converts them

The pitchers in AA had their ratings changed, the velocities are like real life, also the controls and movements have been changed to suit the players capabilities in the AA. Also all duplicated players have been taken care of. no more of them. Also corrected alot of other attributes according to my register book. Also more faces have been added, also alot of programming done in C++ for alot of things. You will see what I mean when these are released. Also added more DL's to majors and AAA.
Now there are AAA players that are on some of the AAA right now, but had to be moved to FA for accomodating DL's, but on the true opening day roster set, they will still be on AAA. You can just add them in your dyanasty if you want. AA and AAA batters that were created have been edited. All treue salaries were entered to major league players. That's it for now.

Thanks
Kerm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 02:16 PM   #802
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Sounds great, Kerm. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to the final product.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:35 PM   #803
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
baseball88 said:
Just make sure you get the final rosters when Gomer converts them

The pitchers in AA had their ratings changed, the velocities are like real life, also the controls and movements have been changed to suit the players capabilities in the AA. Also all duplicated players have been taken care of. no more of them. Also corrected alot of other attributes according to my register book. Also more faces have been added, also alot of programming done in C++ for alot of things. You will see what I mean when these are released. Also added more DL's to majors and AAA.
Now there are AAA players that are on some of the AAA right now, but had to be moved to FA for accomodating DL's, but on the true opening day roster set, they will still be on AAA. You can just add them in your dyanasty if you want. AA and AAA batters that were created have been edited. All treue salaries were entered to major league players. That's it for now.

Thanks
Kerm

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

what do you mean "make sure you get the final roster when gomer converts them?"

wont the next roster that comes out for the Xbox be the final, or am i missing something here?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:54 PM   #804
Rookie

OVR: 5

Gomer excellent job and just waiting for the final rosters for ps2!!! just a suggestion for the final release of the rosters, maybe you could just include a quick blurb about the editting of any attributes of players.(i.e. anything that might nullify any of the great programming work you have put into the gaming engine) once again great job!!! I personally haven't noticed lefties hitting more homers but i did edit a few things on the last roster set. hopefully that is the reason... if not that just means i suck!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 03:23 PM   #805
Rookie

Kerm, Gomer, can i get your professional opinions? no diss on you guys at all, but with these rosters, everyone comes out with a new, improved roster every once in a while. like...i have been playing a dynasty with poodiddy's rosters for the last month or so. but then, with all the hype over the real bonds face and C++ improvements, i'm sold on your guys' roster. the thing is, everytime i think i see the light at the end of the tunnel, there's the next improved roster about to drop, which is great. BUT...i want to know...in your honest opinions...these "final" rosters. would you guys recommend taking these and finally starting our money franchises? i mean...i 'm salivating at the true salaries thing...and i love all the true player faces and all. i just don't wanna get so deep into a season again (like i have with poodiddy's roster) and then start all over when the new end-all roster hits. i'm asking: given the name "final" for these rosters, should a gamer such as myself treat these as the official rosters to use authored by Kerm and Gomer?

also...why are there two final rosters? what's the difference between them??

oh....and one last thing regarding editing players....can i request Cubs pitcher Kyle Farnsworth be made to look more lean-muscled or at least lanky rather than his current fat a$$?? i mean honestly...he's made to look straight up fat, and really, he's lean-muscled. he's the guy that dropped that one cinci pitcher last year and whaled on him. that was not the work of a fat a$$. i ain't never seen david wells beat someone down while straddling him. so yeah...if you could make that adjustment, i think cubs fans would appreciate. otherwise, no biggie.

as always: excellent work gentlemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 03:52 PM   #806
Rookie

excellent post hapa17!! you asked a question that i've been struggling with myself and alot of other gamers are too I imagine. They(gomer &amp; kerm) have pretty much got the rosters dead on...fixed the known issues...now the SALARIES!!!...I don't know what else they could possibly fix or enhance(unfortunately I have the ps2 so stadium updates and camera views aren't possible? or can gomer work some more magic?) maybe they could just give us any other thoughts on future improvements that are not related to roster tweaking that they could be working on.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:42 PM   #807
Rookie

OVR: 1

Remember Rod Beck! Unlike Farnsworth, he IS a fat ***, and the original version has his unique face with the handlebars and all.

Also, on a Pads note, please update Khalil's ratings if you could - I'd do it myself but that'd throw off everything that you guys have done. He's showed that he's got plenty of range, a great arm, great plate discipline (lots of clutch hits). In fact, he looks far more advanced than Kaz Matsui, so please "hype" him up just as much. I mean Kaz is hitting like .240 while Khalil's up at .300.

Also, Nevin's pretty juiced up against lefties, (like a 90 PWR) and a big pansy against righties (68 PWR I think), but in 2000 for example (last healthy year) he hit 32 HR's against RHP and 9 against LHP. So, if you could edit it to like 86 PWR LHP, 82 PWR RHP I think we all could agree that was more accurate.

Sorry for the Pads rant. But being a lifelong fan, the years where I could actually be excited about my team have been few and far between.

Anyways, great job.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #808
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

ya but anyway.....are these rosters supposed to come out today?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »