Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #1161
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
On a personal note Pared, I absolutely LOVE your sliders! I use them now (All Star). And I have read the exchanges between you &amp; Gomer. I am not saying your wrong, and I respect your work and your comments, but are you 100% sure of your above comments seeing as how you didn't have a hand in making the rosters?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

My 2 cents:

All the comments I make are true and come from Kerm!

All the readmes that ive included in the rosters are true and come from Kerm!

All I can say is dont believe these skeptics that think they know it all!

If its contrary to what I or Kerm has said then somethings awfully suspect about that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #1162
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

CapeCodKid said:
Pared said:If you edit anything, their hot/cold zone reverts back.

Just the Hot/Cold zone? Millar still gets his hits &amp; HRs, so this isn't an issue. Everyone else changed from RP to SP (maybe 5 players) were pitchers. What's their situation now?

On a personal note Pared, I absolutely LOVE your sliders! I use them now (All Star). And I have read the exchanges between you &amp; Gomer. I am not saying your wrong, and I respect your work and your comments, but are you 100% sure of your above comments seeing as how you didn't have a hand in making the rosters?

No idea about pitchers...

I'm sure. The problem lies in that Gomer is using the EXACT README that Kerm's file uses, and that's a big

The PC version of Kerm's is a lot more detailed than what we get. Gomer is knowledgable, but not as much as he portrays. Anyone who wanted to can read what is being done to rosters. You just have to check out other sites.

Gomer, for the most part, is just doing the conversion. He's even admitted to this.

Check out other sites... you'll discover what I've been saying. My problem lies in Gomer making the claims of added audio and such... when it's obvious it's not possible. He wrote "maybe you should read about what you're saying" and I did. Just check out MVPedit, and Kerm's roster update, available at BBSC.

That, and the simple fact that he thinks I'm out to get him. We all just want the best game possible, right?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:19 PM   #1163
Rookie

GomerPyle said:
If its contrary to what I or Kerm has said then somethings awfully suspect

OK Gomer, but I don't think you addressed some of our questions. Which was: In regards editing the players. What if you only edit uniform numbers and no attributes. Will the player(s) revert back to EA's Default?

I am using the XBOX rosters. I haven't changed player attributes, but I did change a few AAA and AA player positions (RP to SP). And Kevin Millar's shin guard...he doesn't wear one.

Thanks for your feedback Gomer.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:27 PM   #1164
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

GomerPyle said:
Nope alot of the pitch movements were done in C++ the only thing that was changed is the direction the pitch will break Via scouting reports and Prospect Books, (most people find they are very realistic) so your only other choice would to be use someone elses roster or use the default roster that came with the game if you want!

To be quite frank with you alot of the Pitchers especially in AA and AAA werent even in the game to begin with and had to be created. Remember now if a minor leaguer or Prospect hasnt pitched or played 1 inning in the Pros EA couldnt put them in the game! Same also goes if the player isnt in the MLBPA!

note:
The engine EA uses allows for every pitch in the game to have 7 subtypes (breaks) none, slight, horizontal, vertical, dropping, sinking and so on!

sorry Gomer, not trying to start an argument, but a lot of people are saying the pitch movements are way out of whack. 55 MPH curve balls, 94 MPH sliders, and other pitches that simply don't exist. You call these realistic?

Again, I think the base rosters themselves are great and I commend both you an Kerm for all the hard work, but when you got into messing with pitch movements, I think you messed up. You are the very one that said that you don't mess with player ratings and then you go and mess with pitch movements which impacts the entire game.

So I guess what I am asking is what is the latest version of yours and Kerm's rosters where no ratings and pitch movements were touched? Would it have been beta 9 maybe?
Old 05-10-2004, 10:27 PM   #1165
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

I just had to say Badgun, despite the Cowboys logo, I like your taste as far as humor goes. That Wayne Brady skit on Chappelle was a riot! I laughed my a$$ off when he said what you have as your signature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2004, 11:58 PM   #1166
Banned

Nope they are the exact same as the PC version of Kerms rosters "Exact"
No more no less!

You get the same features!!

Kerms changed the Pitchers not me!
as well as the added audio

People that been following the files since the first changleog know this, start about 50 pages back

I did some Faces, I dont mess with no player ratings!

If you had been following this file from the begginning you would have known this
Old 05-11-2004, 12:01 AM   #1167
Banned

The PC version of Kerm's is a lot more detailed than what we get. Gomer is knowledgable, but not as much as he portrays. Anyone who wanted to can read what is being done to rosters. You just have to check out other sites.

UH NOPE Its the Exact same No More No Less!

Um what MVP Mods.com and SimCentral??? Go there everyday thank you!

Kerm doesnt add any features to the his rosters like custom faces and whatnot They Are "Default" rosters, And everything that the PC enjoys using the rosters so does the Xbox and Ps2!

Everything his roster edits are in the BigF compressed file (Raw Data) for the Pc version

The save files for the PC version and all the consoles contain everything!
and are exactly verbatim
Old 05-11-2004, 07:30 AM   #1168
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

GomerPyle said:
Nope they are the exact same as the PC version of Kerms rosters "Exact"
No more no less!

You get the same features!!

Kerms changed the Pitchers not me!
as well as the added audio

People that been following the files since the first changleog know this, start about 50 pages back

I did some Faces, I dont mess with no player ratings!

If you had been following this file from the begginning you would have known this

Gomer,
I have followed this file since the beginning, but somewhere between beta 9 or so and the final, most recent version is when the pitches got messed with. I guess I am trying to find the latest, most complete version of the roster file that was just that...a roster file. Without any changes to the pitch speeds or movements. It doesn't matter to me if I have to move some guys around, I just want a version where the pitches haven't been tampered with.

Do you know which one this might be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »