Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2004, 02:18 PM   #1201
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Carlos Zambrano of the Cubs need to be Switch hitter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2004, 03:19 PM   #1202
Rookie

OVR: 3

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
youcantstopme said:
jermaine dye hr rating for righties about a 76 not a 56

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I will seriously look at that youcantstopme thanks man!

Youve been polite and respectful!

I will check into his carreer stats as well as this year.

note: added in my notes

thank you
and can you make michael young contact rating a tad higher b/c this year he is unbeliveable
can you put raul mondesi on the injured list or something b/c he's out for the year
also miguel cabrera(sp) from the marlins has high socks and power is like an 80
increase griffery speed to at least an 72
can you add a hot zone to jason giambi up and in
again thank you for helping to make the game even better
Old 05-12-2004, 04:23 PM   #1203
Banned

OVR: 5

Believe it or not alot of people think Delgado Stance for A-Rod is more appropriate, The default they got for A-Rod doesnt really look like his! Lots of people have been emailing me to have the Delgado Stance, Ill leave it up to that person to decide!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:56 PM   #1204
Banned

OVR: 5

Heres some questions that were asken in another thread and my answers are below!

1.Why would the population be supplied with a roster where the players change their hot/cold zones if someone's bat color is changed (and so on)?

Its not the Rosters that are doing that, That happens Even if you were not using any rosters and the ones out of the Box I think you need to ask EA

2.Why would the population be supplied with a roster that gave Alex Rodriguez the batting stance of Carlos Delgado?

Numerous People have requested that it be changed to Delgado as the one EA made for Alex looks Odd

3.Why is Roy Halladay and Mike Mussina throwing 94MPH fastballs and 57MPH circle changes or a 60MPH knuckle curve.

Actually Mike Mussina throws a 68-69 MPH change(knuckle curve) and a 92 mph Fastball at the Most!
And Roy Halladay never had a change before this season it was a pitch he just developed, Since he is gonna only throw it about 6 or seven times per start it was decided and makes sense for it to be slow and erratic and not up to par, Thats an extra pitch that was added! EA never had that extra pitch in there,He is working on this Pitch and It will develop in a regular change in your dynasty in a few years, (a change is a hard pitch to add to your repoitoire especially if your not used to ever throwing one)
Hope this answers a few questions
Old 05-12-2004, 05:10 PM   #1205
Rookie

OVR: 1

one more question for ya gomer, since it seems like your on, what is the deal with the minor league curveballs? why do they just make very little if any movement and just seem like really awkward pitches. was this done on purpose because they are in the minors or was it an accident, or was it nothing to do with you and kerm's fault?

edit: jsut did a search and found a little but more info, but not sure if this is somethin that is going to be fixed anytime soon. the whole curveball as a really slow 2-seam looking pitch makes it a lot less effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2004, 05:25 PM   #1206
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Natey_Butt said:
one more question for ya gomer, since it seems like your on, what is the deal with the minor league curveballs? why do they just make very little if any movement and just seem like really awkward pitches. was this done on purpose because they are in the minors or was it an accident, or was it nothing to do with you and kerm's fault?

edit: jsut did a search and found a little but more info, but not sure if this is somethin that is going to be fixed anytime soon. the whole curveball as a really slow 2-seam looking pitch makes it a lot less effective.

The problem is some pitches have a break rating as low as 30 in Kerms/Gomers rosters. That causes them to move absolutely straight.

If anything, no pitcher should have a break that weak, regardless it if it's AA, AAA, or majors.... b/c it doesn't look right in the game.

50 seems more reasonable...
Old 05-12-2004, 05:51 PM   #1207
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey, is there a new rosters. Is there going to be another one, if so i would absolutely love to have Sergio Mitres Face in the game, considering he is a starter for the cubs. I would actually pay for this Gomes. Get back to me on it you know my email.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:31 PM   #1208
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

First of all may I say, I'm really upset of what you all are saying about my fault, yes I made these rosters myself and yes I did rate them the way I did for reasons. Second of all if I wouldn't have put as much time (HOURS and HOURS) and my professional effort into these, you wouldn't have this set of rosters. Remember these rosters have alot of created players, and this roster set has more than if you created for yourselves and leaves room for you all to create more on your own. Third of all I don't get paid for doing these except by paypal which is not hardly nothing. Fourth, these were originally made for PC and if I haven't gave Gomer my permission to convert these for XBOX and or PS2, you wouldn't have them at all.
Fifth if you don't like the rosters, use someone elses. Sixth there is an editor in the game for you all to change things.
Now I have had alot of requests for an updated roster dealing with all the changes EA made for the roster set they released in Patch 2, I am in the process of doing a brand new set of rosters dewaling with all the changes from the patch 2 that came out. EA rearranged alot of things in the data. I am doing alot of arranging myself in Visual C++.net. I am redoing alot of things.

Instead of complaining, feel grateful

Kerm

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »