Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #1281
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

just trying to cut down on the negativity a little, pal. As you said, if I "don't like you're opinion- then don't read it". Isn't that the same type of thinking that you criticize the roster guys of? "If you don't like it, don't use it". That sounds a lot like you saying "if you don't like it (my opinion), then don't read it".
I think your comments may go down better if you'd ask for things, rather than pointing out flaws and then so aggressively defending your position. Judging from kerm's last few posts, the criticism on the board is not be taken in a constructive way. Maybe it's the wording, I don't know.

But I would hate for Kerm or Gomer to stop sharing the rosters with me because you don't like the pitches and feel like talking about it so damn much.

increase the peace,

RawLo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #1282
Banned

OVR: 5

No matter what you do there are always gonna be complainers!

thats okay once again you cant please everyone, But as long as the Majority are Im happy with that!

The Tons of Emails I get from the likes of Baseballrefrence.com,Baseballthinkfactory.org, Shinra Online, and the many Baseball Blog sites and many others complimenting me far outweigh the complainers!

The Happy people Far, Far outweigh the unhappy judging by that im quite pleased!

Old 05-14-2004, 08:33 PM   #1283
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
No matter what you do there are always gonna be complainers!

thats okay once again you cant please everyone, But as long as the Majority are Im happy with that!

The Tons of Emails I get from the likes of Baseballrefrence.com,Baseballthinkfactory.org, Shinra Online, and the many Baseball Blog sites and many others complimenting me far outweigh the complainers!

The Happy people Far, Far outweigh the unhappy judging by that im quite pleased!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Gomer,
Looking back at some of my posts, I'm going to have to admit I've been a little harsh. I'm also going to apologize to both you and Kerm for my harshness. With that being said, I'm real disappointed in the pitch movements for 90% of the pitchers you guys created. I have two choices. One is to do what has been suggested by others is to change all of the created pitchers to something a little more realistic as I come to them or two, I can simply not use them and continue my season with the rosters I've been using all along. Right now I'm leaning towards option #2 because I'm 92 games in already and I just don't feel like editing every pitcher on every team.

Hopefully you and Kerm will accept my apology and continue to make rosters for everyone to use. I also hope that in the future you guys will stick to what you know and leave what you don't know alone.

Take care
Old 05-15-2004, 01:14 AM   #1284
Pro

OVR: 7

GomerPyle said:
Yes I will be converting them!

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Old 05-15-2004, 11:39 AM   #1285
MVP

Badgun's Arena

After starting a new dynasty, I'm convinced that these rosters are so screwed that you will spend more time fixing them than you will playing.

Milwaukee has a reliever, can't think of his name right now, but his first name starts with a P and his last name starts with a L...might be Liriano or something like that.

Anyway, this guy comes in and has a 53 MPH curve ball that almost comes to a stop in mid air. It's so bad that the catcher never catches it and it rolls to the backstop. I struck out on it once and still made it to first before the catcher can get the ball.

Oh and in the 2nd game, Prince Fielder comes up to bat. I'm thinking isn't this guy in double A? Yep, but not here...no sir, he's now the starting first baseman for the Milwaukee Brewers. I also noticed that half of the Brewer pitching staff is actually in triple A so I just quit fooling with them.

Moved onto the D'Backs and right off the bat Casey Daigle comes out throwing an 86 MPH curve and a 67 MPH change. Unbelievable!

So I can see no way I'm taking the time to edit every frigging created pitcher in the game in order to use these rosters.

The only thing I can say is Gomer/Kerm, what in the hell were you guys thinking? Did you think crap like this would be cool? I would be ashamed of myself if I had did something like this and then released it to the public. Really, what WERE you guys thinking?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 12:07 PM   #1286
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

Those are not the most recent. His curve is 82 MPH in the most recent. Anyway this next update will be alot better than the last. I had to recode alot of things in Visual C++.net. The Major League pitchers have not been touched at all except EA might have tweak them a little. I do know EA tweaked some of the batting stances and some other things.
The roster that this is created from the patch 2 updated roster. It has nothing to do with what EA patched, EA just changed different columns for the players. Also all the new audio for all the new players that EA added.

There will be a read me posted of all the changes and also new rating system for the minors AA. Just hang tight, Everything is being done in Visual C++.net.
It will be posted at www.mvpmods.com when it is done.

Thanks
Kerm
Old 05-15-2004, 12:11 PM   #1287
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Badgun said:
After starting a new dynasty, I'm convinced that these rosters are so screwed that you will spend more time fixing them than you will playing.

Milwaukee has a reliever, can't think of his name right now, but his first name starts with a P and his last name starts with a L...might be Liriano or something like that.

Anyway, this guy comes in and has a 53 MPH curve ball that almost comes to a stop in mid air. It's so bad that the catcher never catches it and it rolls to the backstop. I struck out on it once and still made it to first before the catcher can get the ball.

Oh and in the 2nd game, Prince Fielder comes up to bat. I'm thinking isn't this guy in double A? Yep, but not here...no sir, he's now the starting first baseman for the Milwaukee Brewers. I also noticed that half of the Brewer pitching staff is actually in triple A so I just quit fooling with them.

Moved onto the D'Backs and right off the bat the Daigle kid that pitches comes out throwing an 86 MPH curve and a 67 MPH change. Unbelievable!

So I can see no way I'm taking the time to edit every frigging created pitcher in the game in order to use these rosters.

The only thing I can say is Gomer/Kerm, what in the hell were you guys thinking? Did you think crap like this would be cool? I would be ashamed of myself if I had did something like this and then released it to the public. Really, what WERE you guys thinking?

I don't think its that dramatic as you put it off to be, but it is an issue. There are some rather odd pitch speeds, and there is an issue with player being promoted too soon. I am not complaining at all, b/c I would rather have correct rosters than perfect gameplay. I guess I am in the minority. But Prince Fielder is rated too high. He is at the level of Chipper Jones, Pujols, Glaus, etc. He should not be that high. The kid is 1 year removed from HS, drop him down a little bit. I mean look at all the other guys ratings in the minors and his are 2 sometimes 3 times better. That should not be like that. Again, I am not complaining, I am happy with my variation of your rosters, but there are a few things that could use some work.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:11 PM   #1288
MVP

Badgun's Arena

baseball88 said:
Those are not the most recent. His curve is 82 MPH in the most recent. Anyway this next update will be alot better than the last. I had to recode alot of things in Visual C++.net. The Major League pitchers have not been touched at all except EA might have tweak them a little. I do know EA tweaked some of the batting stances and some other things.
The roster that this is created from the patch 2 updated roster. It has nothing to do with what EA patched, EA just changed different columns for the players. Also all the new audio for all the new players that EA added.

There will be a read me posted of all the changes and also new rating system for the minors AA. Just hang tight, Everything is being done in Visual C++.net.
It will be posted at www.mvpmods.com when it is done.

Thanks
Kerm

Kerm,
No disrespect intended, but how can you give a guy a 53 MPH curve ball? Do you even play the game with these rosters and see the results? You would have to know that NO ONE throws a ball that hangs in mid air. The fact that the catcher can't even catch the ball would be a dead giveaway for me. Again, I'm just trying to understand what you were thinking here with these pitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »