Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2004, 04:10 PM   #1305
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
snivlem said:
GomerPyle said:
When you decide to make your own rosters then you can decide what players get rated what!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

amen.

I think people have voiced their complaints and need to back off and go play some other game and quit their f-ing complaining. If I were you gomer and kerm, I'd quit replying to those posts.

Don't forget to wipe off your chin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 04:12 PM   #1306
MVP

Badgun's Arena

GomerPyle said:
You sound like a broken record Badgun, I got a big headache already, and I just woke up save the Drama man!

Oh BTW Prince Fielder has "Extrodinary" Power and probably the most in AA and AAA he hit 27 home runs and 112 RBI for the Snappers Hes not 1 Year outta High School more like 2, Ive seen the guy hit shot after shot in the Upper Deck in Cinergy Field
and in Milwakee Before the Draft albeit they Were tryouts Im 30 Years old and never seen anyone Hit the Ball like he does.

actual excerpt:
highest power rating on the scale according to most scouts. (being rated a perfect 80 on the 20-80 scouting scale) Plate patience and raw bat explosiveness come naturally to Prince.

His Defense and Offense are rated very appropriate!

Now not just a few scouts are saying this ALL of em are!

When you decide to make your own rosters then you can decide what players get rated what!

Yeah and if you're in love with somebody you'll rate them as high as you want regardless of what it does to the integrity of the game, right? You know all that crap about Fielder is great...they said they same thing about Brien Taylor a few years back. Doesn't change the fact that Fielder's in AA right now, does it? Don't you think for a moment if these guys thought he could cut it in the bigs that he'd be there right now? There's a reason he's in AA, I don't give a rat's [censored] how much power he has. Doesn't change the fact that you rated him as high as Pujols or Chipper Jones just because YOU think he's hot $hit.

All this is becoming more clear by the moment. Mr. Gomer "I don't believe in messing with ratings" Pyle is the one screwing with the rosters and not Kerm. The same guy that gave Halladay an extra unhittable pitch because he's "working on it" now routinely changes people's ratings based on what HE thinks.

This is exactly why I like to know up front what people do with rosters. It's also why I don't download people's rosters who screw with the ratings. When you wind up seeing all kinds of goofy results, you can thank the 15 year old kid who thinks all of a sudden he's a talent expert.

Thanks for clearing all this up Gomer. I do think you need to get that "Kerm" out of the file name since he didn't screw with any of this stuff. Why don't you just change the file game to "GomersMVP_rosters.zip" so Kerm will stop being blamed for the idiotic crap that you do.

Damn! I hate kids that mess with rosters!
Old 05-15-2004, 04:14 PM   #1307
Pro

OVR: 8

Who are you calling a yes man. Check this out badgun your shooting blanks son. You don't like something don't use it simple as that. Hell with every roster update they have said what you could expect next but you still went and downloaded the rosters anyway. So at one point when gomer said you can expect some surprises, pitchers throwing pitches with correct drop and velocity etc must have sounded good to you.Your a tool box son. You have cried about these rosters how they shouldn't have messed with anything yet they told you what they were going to do you tried it anyway now your unhappy and crying about it.

You both sound like you have done enough research to put out your own rosters, so let's see them. Instead of all the trashing you put out a better product than Gomer snd Kerm's. You do the work. But you won't you'll just sit at the computer waiting for updates and probably still complain.

Don't ever try an insult me on the computer(real weak son). Grow up you don't like it move on there are a couple more rosters in the files index to try. But there is a difference between corrective criticism and just being a straight ungrateful jerk. ASKING QUESTIONS IS ONE THING BUT YOU AND MANY OTHERS ARE JUST STRAIGHT HOUNDING. If I were gomer/kerm i wouldn't answer you either what credibility do you have?????

I'm not going to post another response because this is straight stupid. Either use the rosters or don't but because you and others are still complaining then you are telling us that you have to use the rosters because they are the best(unless you know something we don't). With that being said go back to the game son, STOP COMPLAINING.

Let's not continue this conversation. I don't like negative talk. I have seen people ask questions politly and have seen them answered. Others have been very harsh to there comments to gomer and Kerm and that is what I am taliking about. There is a difference and you and everyone else know that. Also sorry for the rude comments but i got mad.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:00 PM   #1308
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

I have ALL the Kerm/Gomer roster sets.At what point did the pitch speeds and movements become screwed?Just on the last update?I have the "redux" rosters and the PS2rosters set as well.Which would be the best in the opinion of some of the regular posters here?
Old 05-15-2004, 05:04 PM   #1309
Banned

OVR: 5

I don't download people's rosters who screw with the ratings. When you wind up seeing all kinds of goofy results, you can thank the 15 year old kid who thinks all of a sudden he's a talent expert.

Youd be best suited using the Default rosters that came with the game then that way you wont have to complain about PRINCE FIELDER Cause hes not even on there! LMAO

Old 05-15-2004, 05:21 PM   #1310
MVP

Badgun's Arena

njkroc said:
Who are you calling a yes man. Check this out badgun your shooting blanks son. You don't like something don't use it simple as that. Hell with every roster update they have said what you could expect next but you still went and downloaded the rosters anyway. So at one point when gomer said you can expect some surprises, pitchers throwing pitches with correct drop and velocity etc must have sounded good to you.Your a tool box son. You have cried about these rosters how they shouldn't have messed with anything yet they told you what they were going to do you tried it anyway now your unhappy and crying about it.

You both sound like you have done enough research to put out your own rosters, so let's see them. Instead of all the trashing you put out a better product than Gomer snd Kerm's. You do the work. But you won't you'll just sit at the computer waiting for updates and probably still complain.

Don't ever try an insult me on the computer(real weak son). Grow up you don't like it move on there are a couple more rosters in the files index to try. But there is a difference between corrective criticism and just being a straight ungrateful jerk. ASKING QUESTIONS IS ONE THING BUT YOU AND MANY OTHERS ARE JUST STRAIGHT HOUNDING. If I were gomer/kerm i wouldn't answer you either what credibility do you have?????

I'm not going to post another response because this is straight stupid. Either use the rosters or don't but because you and others are still complaining then you are telling us that you have to use the rosters because they are the best(unless you know something we don't). With that being said go back to the game son, STOP COMPLAINING.

Let's not continue this conversation. I don't like negative talk. I have seen people ask questions politly and have seen them answered. Others have been very harsh to there comments to gomer and Kerm and that is what I am taliking about. There is a difference and you and everyone else know that. Also sorry for the rude comments but i got mad.

You know what? I'd love to use these rosters. I have commended Kerm more than once for his great work and tireless hours spend doing these rosters. I wouldn't take on a project like this for anything in the world.

Going back to when Gomer said there would be some surprises, he never said anything about pitch movements and speeds being screwed up. I thought he meant expect some neat stuff like extra pictures or audio. I don't ever recall him openly admitting to screwing the pitchers up. What I do recall him saying was that they changed the pitchers' ball movements to reflect more realism which we now know is a huge joke. There is absolutely nothing real about a 53 MPH curve or a 95 MPH slider that breaks all the way across the strike zone.

I look at it this way. I don't care if you're doing it for free or what, but if you're going to put out a roster file for any sports game, then you owe it to the people that you put it out for not to do a halfassed job. Now if Gomer just wanted to keep his screwed up file to himself, that would have been fine, but he chose to post it in the roster forum for all to download and use. At that point, that is when he inherited some sort of culpability for his actions.

So if the file is so screwed up why do I keep coming back here? Well, like a lot of others I'm trying to find out just what was changed and what we would have to do to get the game back like it should be. No one has been very forthcoming with the info in regards to the pitchers except for Kerm the last day or two. Gomer certainly hasn't been any help. Yes, I want to use this roster, but I want it to be right and I want it not to have Gomer's fingerprints on it because while Kerm has done an excellent job with his player creations, Gomer is arbitrarily ruining them by jacking up his favorites and what not. So there's your answer. I'm here because I'm trying to find out exactly what pitchers need to be changed and what needs to be changed about them. I'm also here because I'm a real prick when it comes to stuff like this. I absolutely cannot stand some jackleg that doesn't have a clue messing with player ratings.

Oh and Kerm, if you read this, I'd really appreciate it if you would post your ratings for Prince Fielder so I could get him more in line with what he should be and not some fantasy player that Gomer thinks he is.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2004, 05:47 PM   #1311
MVP

Badgun's Arena

GomerPyle said:
I don't download people's rosters who screw with the ratings. When you wind up seeing all kinds of goofy results, you can thank the 15 year old kid who thinks all of a sudden he's a talent expert.

Youd be best suited using the Default rosters that came with the game then that way you wont have to complain about PRINCE FIELDER Cause hes not even on there! LMAO

Yeah and I wouldn't have to worry about Roy Halladay throwing a 50 MPH changeup because it's not in there either. LOL!

I've actually been using Shawn Drotar's rosters that he posted not long after the game came out. He created some of the guys EA left out and I think he did a great job. Certainly not as complete as Kerm's roster, but serviceable just as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #1312
MVP

I would like to end this little spat ASAP as well. It obviously isn't getting anywhere, and because none of mine or Badgun's concerns have been addressed in a straight forward manner, the whole thing has gone on way longer than it needed to.

njkroc- if you are lumping me in as one of the people being too harsh and complaining just for the sake of doing so, you are so far from the truth, pal.

I have stated my intent from the get go and have not been uppity or rude in any of my inquiries. The only times I may have said something that could be construed as anything other than constructive criticism wwere times when I was met by a condescending, dismissive response by Private Pyle or Kerm. If either one of them had just answered my question without being smarmy about it or telling me, like so many continue to do, "if you dont like 'em, don't use 'em", then I would have shut the hell up about it long ago.

It really isn't as easy as "use them and deal with it or just don't use the rosters", because as I have said ad nauseum, I really feel that Kerm has done a tremendous job working on this, and it has really enhanced my enjoyment with the game. I don't want to use default rosters, but, like Badgun, I also don't want a third or more of the pitchers in the game to have an arsenal better suited for the old Baseball Simulator 1.000 games or wiffle ball.

The Prince Fielder thing, to me, isn't as big of a deal as the completely out of this world movements some of the pitchers have. However, it does illustrate that Gomer isn't above eschewing total realism for inflating the ratings of guys he likes.

Prince Fielder definitely has a ton of power potential, but to give him ratings comparable to Albert Pujols and Chipper Jones is pretty ludicrous before the guy even plays a big league game. I am pretty sure Fielder will be a really good pro hitter, but he aint there yet. Does anyone remember J.R. Phillips? He was a huge power prospect in the Giants organization back in the early 90's. He hit a ton of homers every year in the minors, more than Fielder ever will, and when he got to the majors, he couldn't hit to save his life and could never stay up with the big club. My point? All the power in the world that a player displays at the high school and minor league levels doesn't guarantee monster numbers in the bigs.

Gomer- just give a straight answer or explanation on if you tinkered with the pitcher's breaks to make them so whacked out and I don't think you will get any more grief from anyone. That's all I wanted in the first place. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »