Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-16-2004, 02:34 AM   #1329
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Nope, I don't believe I have. The only thing I recall is one time a lefty cpu batter jacked a deep shot that hooked foul at the last second. Even that one would have just hit off of the wall, though, but it was at SBC, so it possibly may have gone out if it was at another park.

The cpu not hitting any lefty dingers is bothersome (in the overall game, not the rosters-don't get the billy clubs out, gestapo), but at least I can now apparently hit them more frequently.

The bottom line is that EA really dropped the ball missing something so seemingly obvious...well, either missed it or decided getting the game out early was more important than quality control.

Even with all of its flaws, I still love the game. I haven't liked a baseball game this much since the first ASB on N64. If there was no lefty bug, no base stealing issues, no sporadic choppiness and frame rate drops, and cleaner stadium textures, this game would be an all time classic, imo.

Maybe next year. That's what we always say, though, right? LOL
Old 05-16-2004, 03:21 AM   #1330
* d*n't b*l**v* *n g*ns.

snivlem's Arena

OVR: 12

what's considered 'long' for a lefty?
Old 05-16-2004, 03:29 AM   #1331
Rookie

OVR: 2

As far as CPU lefties jacking them out, after getting smacked around by the Rockies I can personally testify that they do indeed hit them out. Go ahead, serve one up to todd Helton and watch it fly, he hit 3 in a three game series off me. One of them was an opposite field blast.

I've noticed the pitch thing because I play a lot of minor league games, but then again, I went to a minor league game last week, and those breaking balls really don't move that much, and some of them are just tossed out there in the low speed ranges. Now that sucks going in the game from one extreme to the other, but it definitely doesn't ruin the game.

Gomer and Kerm, thank you for the rosters, I was afraid I'd have to buy ESPN baseball so I could download X-box live roster updates, or even worse play a sports game on ps2, now perfectly happy rebuilding my D-backs with their terrific minor leagues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 04:22 AM   #1332
Pro

OVR: 8

I've seen a cpu lefty blast several homeruns on me. Bonds has taken me deep 7 times in my testing of these rosters, while griffey took it at three times against me. The comp never hit a homer against me before and now they are. But you have to use sliders. Some say that you don't need them but they are helpful. Before Bonds was hitting the ball out about 409ft now with some slider tweaking he is hitting them out 440-450ft and my righties are taking them out as well but their distance has been no more than 480ft. That goes for my team as well as the comp.

Pitch speed, contact, power. The right combination produces great results. If you don't want 580 ft blasts go less power and increase the pitch speed. The distance of homeruns is in the pitch speed and power sliders the contact slider will determine how frequent your homers are.

Try these settings with the rosters and see.

Pitch speed +25
contact -25
power 0

pitch speed 0
contact +25
power -25

pitch speed 0
contact -25
power +25

I get the best results with the first set. I have xbox but really there is no difference between the two systems with the game. But Lefties are taking them out. Do a test put the hot/cold zones on and pitch to the comp in the hot zones you'll see the difference. I do all of my testing in exhibition (i just restart the game to see if i can achive the same results again and again)
Old 05-16-2004, 06:06 AM   #1333
Rookie

OVR: 3

Gun, that just happened to me in my Yanks dynasty. One of the leftys for the Red Sox blasted one out of Fenway, about 414 feet towards right center. That was the first one I remember seeing.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #1334
Rookie

OVR: 1

can any1 tell me gomerpyles and kerms msn screenname? <font color="blue"> </font>
Old 05-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #1335
Rookie

Hey Gomer, when are you going to put out that roster with the updated player apperences? The one where you fixed up Enrigue wilson and Tony clark. I can't wait to use it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 01:59 PM   #1336
Rookie

yeh and you also fixed the braves is that one coming out today? if so what time should we expect it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »