Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2004, 07:04 AM   #1521
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

when you open the file up, first delete the read me on the first page. Then on the 4th page, you need to delete the datelinfo.xbx file. then accept the changes. Then try to drag it to the action replay. Worked for me. Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 09:33 AM   #1522
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good deal, that works perfectly........which rosters and settings do you liike better, this version or Kerms? Is there a way to combine these minors rosters and Kerms MLB rosters with the fixed images? Or would one even want to do that?
Old 05-21-2004, 11:07 AM   #1523
Banned

Dreamcast1's Arena

What slider settings is everyone using with the TotalMiinors Rosters? I am using Pared's All-Star sliders, with a few modifications.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:58 PM   #1524
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

Yes, I am also using pareds..with pitch speed at zero and power for cpu and user at +10. Report if you guys see steals, I definitely notice a change in lefty power off of the bat and a decrease in incredible right handed bombs. IMO this has completely changed this game for the best.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #1525
Banned

OVR: 5

Unless that roster was taken from the Roster Set that Kerm and I have been working on which were specific to the Console Versions then NO they arent the same.

as stated before those rosters were not made public (PC Version) the PC version isnt the same!
They were never released to MVPMODS.COM or any other site Via a PC default Roster!

Theres no possible way it could be the same FYI!
also I dont agree in "Tweeking stealing and HR Power for left and switch hitters"
In my opinion thats not the solution.

if someone says they are the same they are really Mistaken!

Kerm did release a PC Roster DL set for the PC but is not the same as the Franchise Ready Roster with all the Prospects and Players on DL to their teams (which I also released 4 versions ago)
so those very well might be the ones he is talking about!

Hope this clears up some confusion ive been getting alot of emails asking the difference!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 02:40 PM   #1526
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

First of all the rosters are Gforces not Kerms. Second they didnt tweak player ratings. Check it out for yourself. BOth gforces and kerms rosters have their strengths but the only one that helps lefty power and steals IMO has been Gforces. His prospect players, pitches, etc are extremely accurate as well.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:44 PM   #1527
Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
The only difference in the rosters (which are based on Kerm's DL) are small things, such as A-Rod has his own stance (not Delgado's, etc).

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Im refferring to these and according to the readme in fact the leftys/switch hitters ratings were adjusted using MVP EDIT!

whereas the conversion I have done used extractors/repackers in Linux without using MVPEDIT
because as I stated many times before MVP Edit is beta and still buggy and spits out inproper dat files, Kerm also uses his own C++ Extractors/repackers that he has coded!

Its a persons own personal prefrence which roster you want to use but Kerms latest has way more minor leagures if you wanna get technical whereas Gforces only has 22 players on the low minors!

They are both good its just personal prefrence! Personally I prefer Kerms!
Old 05-21-2004, 02:57 PM   #1528
Rookie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
Im refferring to these and according to the readme in fact the leftys were adjusted using MVP EDIT!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Hi Gomer (or anyone else who wants to know), the rosters I grabbed were Kerm's DL roster released on 5/5 at MVPmods.com. I increased the rating of the lefty HR power rating by 10. I increased the HR% for every lefty, and I increased the steals rating for each team. This was based on Krawitham's recommendation. Krawitham has since released Kerm's &amp; GForce's TM rosters (which have increased lefty power ratings as well).

Lastly, I simply took Kerm's rosters, with the lefty modifications and changed some things for personal preference: A-Rod's stance, Kazuo's stance, some contracts, etc. These were released for testing before Krawitham's hit MVPmods.com. But, since the feedback is positive on people hitting HRs with lefties on everyone's ideas, it looks as though it doesn't matter what roster people take of the 3. Hell, try them all!

See ya!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »