Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #1561
All Star
 
jt45's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,074
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
brezz2001 said:
are there lots of adjustments to make with dl players in the total minor rosters?

brian

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Thats what I was wondering too. Are there a lot of guys on FA that need to be signed to teams, and are there a lot of guys that need to be called up?
jt45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #1562
All Star
 
jt45's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,074
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
hulkster29 said:
the Version2 for xbox is great.. i actually had the CPU steal on me in the 9th down by 6.. Luis Castillo swiped the bag on a bad throw..

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Did you download that roster here? Can you link me to the rosters you are talking about?
jt45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #1563
MVP
 
koebner's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: KY
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

I got them at MVPmods.com.They rule.The Gforce stuff is the best.
koebner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:11 PM   #1564
MVP
 
koebner's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: KY
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Oh,and try the historical rosters for Xbox there,too.They're cool.
koebner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:35 PM   #1565
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2003
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Badgun said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
rstar32 said:
does total minors2 have the lefty bug fixed in it or is it just a roster?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I can't say the lefty bug is 100% fixed, but with these rosters it's the best I've seen it yet. In 4 games I hit 3 homers with Jim Edmonds. The downside is I still haven't seen a CPU lefty hit one. Once I do, I will declare the lefty bug fixed with these rosters.

As for steals....haven't seen any in 4 games. Podsednik, who is really fast got on base a lot against me and never attempted a steal.

The quality of these rosters is amazing...most of the teams that I looked at were pretty much dead on.

The one negative I can find is that in the minors he said he gave the hitters a lot more hot zones and a lot less cold zones. What this produces is a lot of quality AA and AAA pitchers with real high ERAs. Of the 4 AA and 4 AAA games I had, all of the scores were like 9-8 and 11-7. Some of the better AAA pitchers are getting shelled.

This might level out after awhile, but it does look like it could be a problem, especially with the development of minor league pitching.

Otherwise, these are the best rosters...period.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">Did he mess with the pitches like kerm did? that was my only issue with his rosters.
bxlxaxkx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2004, 03:49 PM   #1566
MVP
 
Badgun's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
bxlxaxkx said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Badgun said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
rstar32 said:
does total minors2 have the lefty bug fixed in it or is it just a roster?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I can't say the lefty bug is 100% fixed, but with these rosters it's the best I've seen it yet. In 4 games I hit 3 homers with Jim Edmonds. The downside is I still haven't seen a CPU lefty hit one. Once I do, I will declare the lefty bug fixed with these rosters.

As for steals....haven't seen any in 4 games. Podsednik, who is really fast got on base a lot against me and never attempted a steal.

The quality of these rosters is amazing...most of the teams that I looked at were pretty much dead on.

The one negative I can find is that in the minors he said he gave the hitters a lot more hot zones and a lot less cold zones. What this produces is a lot of quality AA and AAA pitchers with real high ERAs. Of the 4 AA and 4 AAA games I had, all of the scores were like 9-8 and 11-7. Some of the better AAA pitchers are getting shelled.

This might level out after awhile, but it does look like it could be a problem, especially with the development of minor league pitching.

Otherwise, these are the best rosters...period.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">Did he mess with the pitches like kerm did? that was my only issue with his rosters.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

If he messed with them, the difference is very subtle as I feel the core game plays better than it ever has with these rosters.

The one problem I mentioned earlier with him giving the minor league hitters more hot zones might really be a problem. To begin with, most of the top prospects are a little juiced in my opinion and after two game Milwaukee had promoted pretty much its entire farm system and sent half of their opening day starters to the minors. Richie Weeks is now in the majors, Prince Fielder is now in AAA, and about 5 other guys from AAA are now starting for the Brewers. This only took two games. My second series against Arizona wasn't as bad, but they had brought 3 or 4 pitchers up from AAA.

But the answer to your original question is if he messed with the pitches, you can't tell. I haven't seen any crazy stuff like 52 MPH curve balls and crap like that.

I definitely think these are the best rosters so far for MVP, bar none.
Badgun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:41 PM   #1567
All Star
 
jt45's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,074
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Badgun said:
I definitely think these are the best rosters so far for MVP, bar none.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Will someone link me up to which exact rosters these are, because I am very confused as to which ones you guys are refering to. Thanks!!
jt45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #1568
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Minnesota
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
jt45 said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
brezz2001 said:
are there lots of adjustments to make with dl players in the total minor rosters?

brian

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Thats what I was wondering too. Are there a lot of guys on FA that need to be signed to teams, and are there a lot of guys that need to be called up?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

They are exact with the opening day rosters. He did an awesome job with them. I absolutly love 'em
kdawg325 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Top -