Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-23-2004, 11:06 AM   #1561
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
brezz2001 said:
are there lots of adjustments to make with dl players in the total minor rosters?

brian

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Thats what I was wondering too. Are there a lot of guys on FA that need to be signed to teams, and are there a lot of guys that need to be called up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #1562
All Star

jt45's Arena

hulkster29 said:
the Version2 for xbox is great.. i actually had the CPU steal on me in the 9th down by 6.. Luis Castillo swiped the bag on a bad throw..

Did you download that roster here? Can you link me to the rosters you are talking about?
Old 05-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #1563
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

I got them at MVPmods.com.They rule.The Gforce stuff is the best.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:11 PM   #1564
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Oh,and try the historical rosters for Xbox there,too.They're cool.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:35 PM   #1565
Rookie

OVR: 1

Badgun said:
rstar32 said:
does total minors2 have the lefty bug fixed in it or is it just a roster?

I can't say the lefty bug is 100% fixed, but with these rosters it's the best I've seen it yet. In 4 games I hit 3 homers with Jim Edmonds. The downside is I still haven't seen a CPU lefty hit one. Once I do, I will declare the lefty bug fixed with these rosters.

As for steals....haven't seen any in 4 games. Podsednik, who is really fast got on base a lot against me and never attempted a steal.

The quality of these rosters is amazing...most of the teams that I looked at were pretty much dead on.

The one negative I can find is that in the minors he said he gave the hitters a lot more hot zones and a lot less cold zones. What this produces is a lot of quality AA and AAA pitchers with real high ERAs. Of the 4 AA and 4 AAA games I had, all of the scores were like 9-8 and 11-7. Some of the better AAA pitchers are getting shelled.

This might level out after awhile, but it does look like it could be a problem, especially with the development of minor league pitching.

Otherwise, these are the best rosters...period.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">Did he mess with the pitches like kerm did? that was my only issue with his rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2004, 03:49 PM   #1566
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

bxlxaxkx said:
Badgun said:
rstar32 said:
does total minors2 have the lefty bug fixed in it or is it just a roster?

I can't say the lefty bug is 100% fixed, but with these rosters it's the best I've seen it yet. In 4 games I hit 3 homers with Jim Edmonds. The downside is I still haven't seen a CPU lefty hit one. Once I do, I will declare the lefty bug fixed with these rosters.

As for steals....haven't seen any in 4 games. Podsednik, who is really fast got on base a lot against me and never attempted a steal.

The quality of these rosters is amazing...most of the teams that I looked at were pretty much dead on.

The one negative I can find is that in the minors he said he gave the hitters a lot more hot zones and a lot less cold zones. What this produces is a lot of quality AA and AAA pitchers with real high ERAs. Of the 4 AA and 4 AAA games I had, all of the scores were like 9-8 and 11-7. Some of the better AAA pitchers are getting shelled.

This might level out after awhile, but it does look like it could be a problem, especially with the development of minor league pitching.

Otherwise, these are the best rosters...period.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">Did he mess with the pitches like kerm did? that was my only issue with his rosters.

If he messed with them, the difference is very subtle as I feel the core game plays better than it ever has with these rosters.

The one problem I mentioned earlier with him giving the minor league hitters more hot zones might really be a problem. To begin with, most of the top prospects are a little juiced in my opinion and after two game Milwaukee had promoted pretty much its entire farm system and sent half of their opening day starters to the minors. Richie Weeks is now in the majors, Prince Fielder is now in AAA, and about 5 other guys from AAA are now starting for the Brewers. This only took two games. My second series against Arizona wasn't as bad, but they had brought 3 or 4 pitchers up from AAA.

But the answer to your original question is if he messed with the pitches, you can't tell. I haven't seen any crazy stuff like 52 MPH curve balls and crap like that.

I definitely think these are the best rosters so far for MVP, bar none.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:41 PM   #1567
All Star

jt45's Arena

Badgun said:
I definitely think these are the best rosters so far for MVP, bar none.

Will someone link me up to which exact rosters these are, because I am very confused as to which ones you guys are refering to. Thanks!!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:57 PM   #1568
Pro

OVR: 7

jt45 said:
brezz2001 said:
are there lots of adjustments to make with dl players in the total minor rosters?

brian

Thats what I was wondering too. Are there a lot of guys on FA that need to be signed to teams, and are there a lot of guys that need to be called up?

They are exact with the opening day rosters. He did an awesome job with them. I absolutly love 'em

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »