Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #1585
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
ExtremeGamer77 said:
When I got to MVPMods.com, the AR save for version 2.0 doesn't work, it's a .rar file, the same that is in the non AR save. Am I doing something wrong? I was able to download the classic rosters, but not these..

Thanks!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Let me know your e-mail and I'll send one to you that will work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2004, 10:50 PM   #1586
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

kdawg325 said:
ExtremeGamer77 said:
When I got to MVPMods.com, the AR save for version 2.0 doesn't work, it's a .rar file, the same that is in the non AR save. Am I doing something wrong? I was able to download the classic rosters, but not these..

Thanks!

Let me know your e-mail and I'll send one to you that will work.

Thanks

[email protected]
Old 05-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #1587
Pro

OVR: 7

Sent. Let me know if you need anything else. Have Fun!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:47 AM   #1588
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

joeboo said:
jt45 said:
GomerPyle said:
No Pitchers were changed by me Kerm did that, Total Minors also gave Halladay 5 pitches, thats what he has in real life. Ive already told you the scouting report on Prince Fielder! Prince Fielder has lots of Power and in fact so much Power every scout agreess he maxes out the Power scale and has more power than any player in the minors and could eclipse his dad. Sorry you sont agree but its 1,000 scouts versus you man!

ROFL!! He has POTENTIAL. He couldn't go into the Majors today and hit more homers than everyone else. He may be able to hit 40 homers in the Minors this year, but not in the Majors. In case you haven't noticed there is a little bit of a talent difference between AA and the Major Leagues...

Wow.... We pretty much posted the same exact thing minutes apart!!! Great minds think a like!!

Yep....
Old 05-24-2004, 01:15 AM   #1589
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

rstar32 said:
Now I know Gomer has shown his arrogance a number times in the last few weeks and gotten everybody thinking he's full of sh*t, but I have to wonder why you guys care what he did with prince fielder's ratings. You do realize that you can change them to whatever you think he should be don't you. I don't give a crap if Gomer thinks that he should have 100 power against lefties and righties, I just adjust it to a more realistic rating like 55 against righties and 45 against lefties (still very good for a double A player).

I'll tell you why it bothers me so much. One word...integrity. If he messes with one player's ratings, that's one player too many. Especially after his famous quote that "I don't believe in messing with player ratings".

You use a roster that he messed with, you don't ever know what might pop up. You get halfway through a season and see some AA ball player is now in the majors and he has 55 homeruns with 60 games left.

Like the other guys said, Fielder might have tons of potential, but if he was THAT good, he would be starting at first for Milwaukee, not toiling around in AA ball.

So Adam Wainwright has tons of potential, do we give him Matt Morris like ratings now or do we let him progress on his own? Naturally, you let him progress on his own and you do the same thing with Fielder.

With Gomer's roster, Fielder is starting at first base with the Brewers by the second game and that's just not right. There's a reason he's not in AAA right now...wonder what that is.

Anyway, that's why it bugs me so much. I can't stand for people that make rosters to jack up their favorite players. It's unprofessional and lacks integrity bigtime. I always ask everytime I download any kind of roster if they messed with the ratings. Anyone that says they did, I pass on their rosters.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:21 AM   #1590
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Pared said:
rstar32 said:
Now I know Gomer has shown his arrogance a number times in the last few weeks and gotten everybody thinking he's full of sh*t, but I have to wonder why you guys care what he did with prince fielder's ratings. You do realize that you can change them to whatever you think he should be don't you. I don't give a crap if Gomer thinks that he should have 100 power against lefties and righties, I just adjust it to a more realistic rating like 55 against righties and 45 against lefties (still very good for a double A player).

IMHO, I think they're just using it as an example. Who knows what others were changed to his "beliefs?" That's just one that caught someone's attention, that's all.

And it can screw up things down the line in your dynasty.

That's why people care... at least, that's why I would.

Exactly! And when you get 60-70 games into your dynasty and see some scrub leading the league in homers because he came from Gomer's high school, it's a lot of time wasted to have to start over.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:34 AM   #1591
Rookie

OVR: 2

Badgun said:
rstar32 said:

I'll tell you why it bothers me so much. One word...integrity. If he messes with one player's ratings, that's one player too many. Especially after his famous quote that "I don't believe in messing with player ratings".

You use a roster that he messed with, you don't ever know what might pop up. You get halfway through a season and see some AA ball player is now in the majors and he has 55 homeruns with 60 games left.

Like the other guys said, Fielder might have tons of potential, but if he was THAT good, he would be starting at first for Milwaukee, not toiling around in AA ball.

So Adam Wainwright has tons of potential, do we give him Matt Morris like ratings now or do we let him progress on his own? Naturally, you let him progress on his own and you do the same thing with Fielder.

With Gomer's roster, Fielder is starting at first base with the Brewers by the second game and that's just not right. There's a reason he's not in AAA right now...wonder what that is.

Anyway, that's why it bugs me so much. I can't stand for people that make rosters to jack up their favorite players. It's unprofessional and lacks integrity bigtime. I always ask everytime I download any kind of roster if they messed with the ratings. Anyone that says they did, I pass on their rosters.

Good points. I'm just not sure why you are so worked up about his rosters having things in them that YOU don't like. You seem like an intelligent guy, just go out and find a roster that you do like and quit worrying about little changes that Gomer or Kerm make to their rosters. By the way, I certainly agree with you that it is stupid to mess with the rosters in some of the ways that they did, but they also are making a helluva effort to help us console people try to improve the lefty hitting problems that EA gave us so for that I say keep it going Kerm and Gomer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2004, 01:48 AM   #1592
MVP

Badgun's Arena

rstar32 said:
Badgun said:
rstar32 said:

Good points. I'm just not sure why you are so worked up about his rosters having things in them that YOU don't like. You seem like an intelligent guy, just go out and find a roster that you do like and quit worrying about little changes that Gomer or Kerm make to their rosters. By the way, I certainly agree with you that it is stupid to mess with the rosters in some of the ways that they did, but they also are making a helluva effort to help us console people try to improve the lefty hitting problems that EA gave us so for that I say keep it going Kerm and Gomer.

I'm using total minors version 2 and they are great. The lefty bug appears to be fixed with these rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »