Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-08-2004, 03:07 PM   #393
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Kerm I asked about sending you a donation with PayPal a while back but I don't think you responded...
Old 04-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #394
Rookie

OVR: 1

Kerm and Gomer,

I just wanted to take the time out to thank the both of you for doing a wonderful job. Kerm, I didn't think that you had to do so much re-programming in C++. Thanks for letting us know what it is that you do--because I for one, didn't have a clue.

Gomer, I'm assuming that you do quite a bit porting it over from PC to XBox. I applaud your efforts as well. One question I did want to ask you Gomer, is there a way that I can add a picture to the XBox. For example, with HH2004, I was able to add a picture of my little brother who got a big kick out of it when he came over to play ball. (I have a modded XBox)

I have seen PC modders do it for the PC version. But I noticed that the pic files for pc are .fsh files and the xbox version are .xsh. I have asked this question on mvpmods, highheat, ea, and xbox-scene. No one seems to like to respond or just doesn't know. Either way I am curious if there is a way you could shed some light on this.

Again you two have done a wonderful job and I applaud both your efforts.

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Old 04-08-2004, 05:54 PM   #395
Banned

OVR: 5

.fsh and .xsh files are essentially the same with a few differences in the way they are packed and compressed. The Xbox .xsh files use a different compression method then the PC and you can basically unpack the .xsh with any .fsh editor, the trick is repacking it!! same goes for the data bigf files(roster file). Ive done some stadiums and pictures on my own that Ive ported from the PC side that im using on my Personal Copy of MVP 2004 as well as the ESPN overlays and FOX Sports net Overlays.

So to answer your question yes it is possible to add your custom pictures, but it may not be as easy as you think.

I concur with Kerm that some people dont realize the work it takes for this roster set. It really is alot of work coding your own utilities, extractors and repackers for these types of mods.
This roster set is way beyond just changing the names of players.

Kerm has been doing this since the High Heat series hes been putting out the best rosters Year in and Year out, which is why I asked him if I may Port his rosters to the Xbox and PS2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #396
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree. As I posted before I really didn't know how much work Kerm put in to the updates. Kudos to you both for being such fans of the game. Because only a true fan would go through all this work, and only a rich man would be so kind to share his work with others.

Gomer, I did open up the .xsh files with an fsh editor and I couldn't see the pics. Can you PM to steer me to the right prog. At present I have been using MVPedit, FSHedit, and I think that was it.

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Old 04-08-2004, 06:43 PM   #397
Pro

OVR: 7

are there any problems with the ratings or how the computer plays with the 10a rosters? did you change anything that has to do with that kerm, or was that other guys experience just coinsidence? i dont want to start my dynasty with 10a if there are a few flaws like that. and too add to the praises to kerm and gome...thanks alot guys...it really is great what you do and you dont ask for anything in return...im very grateful.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #398
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

The ratings are being messed around as I do real teams for the minors. Now I do have 3 full organizations done, but still need to get the lineups and pitching rotations for each squad. Don't know where to look for these, Now also I am trying to do some stats for update to Bonds. I enter all the information correctly and it is coming up the wrong batting average, any help would be granted on that. Also for right now to get the squads right, I am putting all the disabled players in Free Agency until I can figure out where to put them. I like things accurate and right. Now as far as Pay Pal goes, you can if you want or not to donate for the effort and time put into these. Whatever you want to do. It is set up to my email address [email protected] Only if you want to and feel right.
Now getting back to the serious stuff. I'm almost done with the Indians organization, After that I think I will release my next beta 11. Like I said all ratings are being messed around with to get right. Right now all the pitchers for all squads are the same as the majors. Just testing this as we go along. I don't think there are any more double names as far as I can see, but that is no problem for now. Like I said I like everything on par and accurate for the finished product. Well that's it for now
Talk to you soon.

Thanks
Kerm
Old 04-08-2004, 07:56 PM   #399
Banned

OVR: 5

Yeah the problem was EA had some of the Stats for each player wrong some way off! not only for the Mlb roster but for the Minors as well. Kerms just simply getting them accurate!

they never were right to begin with!
Old 04-08-2004, 08:46 PM   #400
Pro

OVR: 4

Kerm I just tried that email address to send a PayPal and it said that you don't have account?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »