Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-16-2004, 03:38 AM   #489
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
I should be releasing a PS2 roster today that ive been working on its just something Ive been working on the side with but its unbelievably amazing, I got Michael Garciaparra on the AA missions for the Mariners the announcers say his name and he looks just like his brother (he actaully really does) Ive added real movement for real life pitches to Mariners and other players I knew and had scouting reports, stuff you couldnt edit in the game with a controller Let me explain: I can edit each Pitch type Movement Like a 2 Seam Fastball has like 7 different varietys: sinking. horizontal, dropping, vertical, late, slight, none, the same goes for the Curve the Slurve and so on. EA doesnt give the gamers an option to change this they Pick by random for you when you create a player which sucks! So ive had to do it LOL. Anyways look for it today I believe its a beauty.

P.S. Yes I got all the gloves for every player correct (hopefully) Dont ya hate it that EA put in the Mariners Staff with Yellow Leather gloves???? I know I do

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Sorry dont mean to annoy you with this question but where can i fine the ps2 rosters when there finished?
Old 04-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #490
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Hey Kerm...

Kerm,
Are these rosters edited (ala 13Warner's updates) to help out with lefty power, pitcher control problems etc, or are they just the most accurate, up-to-date rosters with the default ratings?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #491
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Hey Kerm...

The Ps2 rosters I did fixed the steals problem where it was hard to get steals, Now as for that question about the lefty problem or "bug" as I said before I dont agree with changing every players rating down 15-20 some notches like the other guy did in fact I dont like messing with the ratings at all for the players unless its pitch type and pitch "break" ill leave it up to the person playing the game to utilize the sliders which in fact works the same way if you did em right, especially when you dont have to because alot of the IN Game mechanics are actually stored in the roster file and those have been addressed and tweaked to the fullest possibility without having a modded system so its really unnneccessary to do all that its useless and takes away from gameplay, I can change and edit so many things you guys dont even get to see heck I can even change the Mangers and rivalries, which brings me to another question for the PS2 users, Id like to get some feedback and opinions on which "rivalries EA didnt get right for instance the Mariners have the Yankees, As and Angels as their rivalries, Id like to get these as accurate as possible with a little help from you guys, and also Id like to get some Feedback also on if EA got the Pitchers Break on their 2 Seamer or Breaking Pitches correctly ive found a couple mistakes that i had to change,
example- EA gave Freddy Garcia a 2 Seamer that broke horizontally when in real life he has a 2 seamer that sinks! just stuff like that especially for the Aces of the Staffs is the most important, Only if EA got it wrong will I change I want you guys to look and see if your Aces pitches got the right movement on it. Other then that I expect this PS2 roster to be the best out there gameplay wise and realism wise not only Because it has Bonds, Matsui, and others real Pictures, but the simple fact I can change and edit so many things that the other roster editors simply have no access to and cant change (not taking anything away from their efforts)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2004, 03:41 PM   #492
Pro

OVR: 4

Is the steal problem fixable for the XBOX Gomer?
Old 04-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #493
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Can you please put the injured players back on their teams please? Its a little hard to go through and figure out all this out on my own. Overall I've seen alot of people saying they would like to have the injured players on their team instead of on the FA list or minor league team.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:37 PM   #494
Rookie

OVR: 5

is it possible to put "real" advertising in the stadiums on the ps2, and what about that new pitching perspective that I saw for the PC? If not, these updates are still unbelievable!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 05:51 PM   #495
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know if you've been told this already, but on the Giants, P Felix Rodridguez has three pitches, a fastball, slider and a sinker in real life. On the game he just has a FB and Slider.

Also, I don't know about any other giants fans, but having the Diamondbacks as a rival just doesn't feel right. The A's and Dodgers, definitly. But I think the third team should be someone else. I have always thought the Braves or Mets where a big draw when they played SF in SF.

Anyone else think of other teams?

BTW...when do you think the next version will be released?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2004, 05:56 PM   #496
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

The Reds should definitely have the cubs as a rivalry after that fight last year between the pitchers not the pirates!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »