Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2004, 10:59 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: UPDATED ROSTERS NEEDED

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
blacklover said:
Ok, let's talk about the minors in general.

Obviously all the players with photos are real players.

Are the players with the white silohuette real but EA couldn't get the photo?

And then are all of the rest fake players?

Now to rant on the minor leagues. What is up with all the 6'5 and 6'6 players in the minors?

How many players are there in all of baseball over 6'4? Maybe it was just endemic of the minor league rosters I was looking through last night.

Just makes editing the minors a total pain in the a$$.

Why exactly can we not edit height and weight of the fake players?

EA is always doing this to the roster editors.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I noticed the black outlined siloutte of a player last night, I didn't investigate to see if in fact it was a "Real" player, but I just assumed if the player was "fake" he'd have a CPU generated pic.

The height could be an issue when finding corresponding minor leaguers.....but there is a trend of players getting taller. Typically pitchers &amp; perhaps 1B &amp; the occassional OF. What may need to be done, although more time consuming, is hunt &amp; peck around different team &amp; levels for the right hight/weight match-up, then trade the player to the correct organization/level.

I've noticed that not too many "fake" players have a heavy build for body type. I reallt wish EA would have done a better job with the interface. Hard coding height/weight is completely unnecessary.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #58
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

Yep.

I don't understand why EA created all of these fake minor leaguers with no relation to the real players on the team.

Worst case scenario, they just take last years minor league rosters, barring any major moves, and use those players as templates for the fake players.

Just like they do in NCAA Football.

At least in that way, we could identify the player by height weight or birthdate and then know to make that the correct player.

To randomly create fake minor leaguers and then to hard code the height and weight is just lazy.

Now EA can easily fix this in the roster update and I will be curious to see if they do anything at all with the minors.

Yes it's nice to have them in there, but how much fun is it to play with those teams when they contain so many fake players?
Old 03-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #59
Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
blacklover said:
Now EA can easily fix this in the roster update and I will be curious to see if they do anything at all with the minors.

Yes it's nice to have them in there, but how much fun is it to play with those teams when they contain so many fake players?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I'm very optimistic about EA "fixing" anything. I know that you can develop a MUCH better roster than EA can in your sleep.....

I have enjoyed playing with the minor thus far, but the novelty will soon wear off having real guys sprinkled in with the fake guys. ALL real minor league guys will be a blast.....I envision myself playing as many minor league games as MLB game in my 'chise.

I just don't see why they'd hard code the height/weights.....Are they written on the CD to save mem card space?? That can't be the case since Madden/NCAA allow editing of EVERYTHING with a much smaller file save (700 some KB compared to 1000+ KB). Puzzling really.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:42 PM   #60
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

Well, I am going to try my best to match height and weight to real minor league players.

The other pain in the a$$ is when you find a fake player who fits height and weight almost perfectly and he is a P and needs to be something else.

Can't edit P's into anyone else but another P.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 5

You should be able to run a quick search easy on your pc just take the roster file and open up with a HEX EDITOR or NOTEPAD and Walla a quick search system thats more effective and faster then doing it on the xbox!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2004, 08:25 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

Does anyone have any CAPS? since I do not have the sharkport or the other thing.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:28 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

are there any ps2 roster updates anywhere??? i have searched all over and the only one ive found hasnt worked... please help me out here.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:05 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 6

What do you anticipate the limit on renamed players being?

I know in ESPN Hoops there was a 7-8 Conference limit, and I'm curious about what kind of restrictions MVP has in terms of editing player names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »