Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

You guys have to nail your first pitch. That's key. Or you have to draw them out.

You can either throw a strike at a blue zone. This is probably the safest. Or you have to draw them out on a pitch that looks like its going to hit the red zone but misses. I would say that if you have the perfect pitch, 75% of the time the CPU will not swing at it. If they do and you hit a perfect pitch, the contact might not be that great. But there are times where I will make a perfect pitch to a blue area and they can hit me. The key is the meter.

Pared these sliders are incredible. I've stopped fooling around with some tweaks of my own (I wasn't enjoying the game) and just started to play. Its a compete baseball experience now.

I can't tell you how much fun this game is for me right now.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had to up the throw speed up to no lower than -2. I was getting arching rainbows from deep shortstop barely beating the runner. I am the Tigers buy their arms aren't that bad.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 9

Lanterix.... try this:

Make sure you throw some pitches that are basically out of the strike zone, and unhittable when you have 2 strikes on the CPU. If you hit the Perfect zone, and make the perfect pitch, even if it is out of the strike zone, the fact that it was perfect in execution, sometimes causes the CPU to chase it... So you will qiuckly see some better strikeout numbers from your starters. The other night, Foulke threw the 8th and 9th for me, and I struck out 5 Yankees. I struck out the side in the 8th, after a leadoff single to Jeter, and went 1-2-3 in the 9th with 2 backwards K's, and a weak grounder. Foulke is just sick with the Changeups. Also, if you get the CPU down in the count, don't go all the way to the end of the meter when you throw that pitch for a ball. Schiiling's fastball with the meter maxed out is 96-97mph. If you go about halfway on the meter, and hit the Perfect zone, he throws it mid 80's, and:
A. the meter is easier to hit, cause the green zone is bigger
B. the pitch takes on a whole new look. (this also works like a champ online. It still is a fastball to the Hitter's Eye, but taking 7 or 8mph off the fastball is deadly for disrupting timing.

In summation, change speeds, and do not get into a predictable pitch pattern. Starting every guy off with an outside edge fastball will quickly earn you a trip to the showers. Keep them off balance, and do not be afraid to throw a ball every now and then. He may lay off of it, but you can set him up for the next pitch. So you have him up in the count 1-2. Throw the 2 seamer away, and make sure you get enough vibration on the controller that you know it is well off the plate (Pitch Cursor OFF). Miss it outside...the count is 2-2. Throw it again, this time a little closer to the zone. If he hits it, it is a weak grounder, as it is out of the zone. If he takes it, maybe the ump gives you the call on the edge. The key is to make the "Perfect" pitch in the zone. So, let's say he takes it, and now it is 3-2. You may see him scooch towards the plate knowing you are going after the outer black. Now, Blaze the 4 seamer up and in on him, and watch him either let it go by cause he was napping, or flail weakly at the inside pitch.... When you work the zone, work the count, and mix the speeds, this game really, really shines.

Hope that helps.

SYF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2005, 02:34 PM   #132
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Piitching/Batting Angles...MVP 2005 @ Stealyerface

Go to 'Gameplay Options'...then to 'Batting View'...I believe you set the slider on 'Pitch 6/Bat 4'

Personally, I love pitching from the outfield looking in angle...it really is a lot better than pitching with a from behind the plate view.....

scorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderNo9
Okay give it up, how you got that? That's awesome.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #133
MVP

LanteriX's Arena

OVR: 15

Ok last update from me for a little while....my best game yet. I made the mistake of leaving Clement in for a little too long. I got him up to 100 pitches in the 7th and I said ok I can get out of this inning. I wound up giving up 2 runs before I brought in Halama and he allowed 2 more that got charged to Clement, and wound up losing 4-1. Clement wound up with 112 pitches. About, 12 pitches more than I would have liked.

Code:
		IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PITCHES
Matt Clement	7.2	7	4	4	4	4	0	112
John Halama	0.1	1	0	0	0	1	0	7

Carl Pavano	8.0	6	1	1	2	6	1	95
Mariano Rivera	1.0	1	0	0	0	1	0	10
I took stealy's advice and it worked a little, but I wound up walking 4 guys. Some of my pitchers just got crappy pitch selections when it comes to getting strikeouts. Like Curt, he doesnt have a changeup so it's hard to change speeds, especially cause is curveball is trash. Same thing with clement,, his change of speed is the slurve. I like Wells he has the big old hook and Miller is nasty.

But once again, thanks Pared, these sliders are great.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #134
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanteriX
Ok last update from me for a little while....my best game yet. I made the mistake of leaving Clement in for a little too long. I got him up to 100 pitches in the 7th and I said ok I can get out of this inning. I wound up giving up 2 runs before I brought in Halama and he allowed 2 more that got charged to Clement, and wound up losing 4-1. Clement wound up with 112 pitches. About, 12 pitches more than I would have liked.

Code:
		IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PITCHES
Matt Clement	7.2	7	4	4	4	4	0	112
John Halama	0.1	1	0	0	0	1	0	7

Carl Pavano	8.0	6	1	1	2	6	1	95
Mariano Rivera	1.0	1	0	0	0	1	0	10
I took stealy's advice and it worked a little, but I wound up walking 4 guys. Some of my pitchers just got crappy pitch selections when it comes to getting strikeouts. Like Curt, he doesnt have a changeup so it's hard to change speeds, especially cause is curveball is trash. Same thing with clement,, his change of speed is the slurve. I like Wells he has the big old hook and Miller is nasty.

But once again, thanks Pared, these sliders are great.
Clement has a great slider. That is his out pitch. Throw it low and away in the zone when you are ahead in the count. It worked for me last year when he was a Cub. Good luck
Old 02-26-2005, 03:42 PM   #135
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

What other settings are you using Pared?

Fielding? Camera views? Batter's eye?

I'm still having trouble hitting and wondering if most of you are using the batter's eye view? Pitching also seems tougher on the behind the pitcher view. I've also been using assissted fielding, but is manual easier this year?

Thanks,

Todd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 2

Damn man, much much props to you. I cant wait to try these sliders out.

Last edited by b1rdman; 02-26-2005 at 04:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »