Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2005, 02:34 PM   #177
Rookie

ClearTheBong's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

I am having trouble hitting the ball. It seems like the ball is just dead. Has no real life to it when I hit it. It's either a HR or an out. What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #178
MVP

Porschebenz2001's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearTheBong
I am having trouble hitting the ball. It seems like the ball is just dead. Has no real life to it when I hit it. It's either a HR or an out. What am I doing wrong?
i have the same problem either, helton hits a solo homerun, i strikeout, or i hit a pop fly or a ground ball
Old 02-27-2005, 03:11 PM   #179
Rookie

KhaosVoid's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm getting somewhat weird computer stats with these sliders, such as 1 run on 12 hits and 4 runs on 17 hits. They (the Giants) seem to hit every other strike for a single against Odalis Perez, a solid starter. I was throwing perfect games before I adjusted any sliders on All-Star, but this is a bit out of control. But keep up the hard work Pared, I used your sliders last year and a you'll probably find the perfect set this year soon.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #180
Rookie

ClearTheBong's Arena

OVR: 3

I just lost 4-3 to the Dbacks. Great sliders Pared.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #181
MVP

OVR: 17

I am 1-9 with these sliders. Doh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #182
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattStewartJHS
It seems I have no power with your sliders. 5 games in with the Yankees and I haven't hit a bomb. It seems that the ball physics are different this year, I've got into some pitches, grooved some, but they mostly die at the wall. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yep, it happens when you don't time your swing propperly. There does not seem to be ANYTHING wrong with the ball physics this year. If the ball is falling short of the wall then the odds are that you didn't get all of the pitch... meaning you were either: late, early, swung at a ball on the black, or aimed at the wrong zone.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #183
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The computer WILL swing at balls outside the strike zone... you just have to know how to set them up.

Also, players will swing and miss, but unfortunately, that will only happen with a PERFECT pitch, and most likely a heater.

I have to say, in this game, aggression is what gets you strikeouts. If you want batters to chase pitches out of the strikezone, they have to fear that you will hit the zone for a strikeout pitch. Early in the game, I like to fastballs in the zone for strikeouts to get the hitters in a swinging mode, and that's when you can get them to fish for curves and sliders, but you HAVE to be aggressive. And really, if you have a power pitcher, why would you not want to be aggressive with that fastball?
Old 02-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #184
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

where is pared....i am loving the sliders...i now own the xbox version and the pc version....how can i get the espn camera for btp...good luck guys..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »