Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2005, 09:03 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
Pared,

Can you please edit your original post when you make updates? It is tough to find them otherwise. Thanks!
I second that request...although I thought you were doing this anyway :-(
Old 02-27-2005, 09:13 PM   #194
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

He can't edit his original post. The forum doesn't allow it.

EDIT - To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't updated the sliders in his first post yet (maybe edited 3-4 things, but not as a whole). Hopefully he'll start a new post with version 1.0 of his sliders.

Last edited by mjb2124; 02-27-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:31 PM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 2

For those looking for updates to the sliders from the intial post I'll save you having to dig through 20 pages like I just did lol:

There has been just one alteration post so far and it can be found on page 8. 4 sliders given slight modification.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #196
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm digging these sliders more and more with every game. The only thing I'm considering modifying is pitcher fatigue since I'm throwing a lot more pitches and cpu power. Some guys are killing me that aren't exactly power hitters (Luis Rivas and David Dejesus), but I'm doing good against the good hitters, maybe I'm just being careless.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:34 PM   #197
MVP

OVR: 18

Wow man, Pared, these sliders are amazing, what realistic games I'm getting. Man these sliders are beast!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:59 PM   #198
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

BTW, folks, you don't take your pitcher out at around 50%. If you look at and worry about pitch counts, you will that 50% for some of the best pitchers in the game is about 50-65 pitches. If you go with them until about 15-25%, you get full pitch count usage.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #199
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey Pared these are pretty good and help me get use to the games various gameplay nuances thanks for providing some good insights along with others providing for me a very enjoyable game since this is my first ea sports Baseball game thats really held my attention since back in the day,so thanks guys I'm liking what I'm seeing and the info is great so keep it up I'm really diggin' this game!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Old 02-28-2005, 12:19 AM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 1

These sliders are incredible. I actually find myself working the count and taking some walks. One minor issue I've had though is with stolen bases... I have not experimented a great deal yet, but I played around with both Ichiro and Carl Crawford against Jason Varitek, who has an accurate but only average arm (75 strength, 90 accuracy). With a 2-step lead, at the default setting for stolen bases, he was catching me every time, even on breaking balls. I upped the steal speed to +5, but the problem was not fixed, then +10, but most of the time I was still getting caught. +15 was too high, as I was able to steal 2nd then 3rd just about every time. At +13 I was able to steal 2nd just about every time but stealing 3rd was not a given. Still, it should be quite hard to steal 3rd, so I'm hoping +11 or +12 will do the trick when I try them tomorrow, or maybe after more extensive testing the number will be even lower.

Has anyone else had this problem with stolen bases?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »