Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #217
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

I can't hit forthe life of me with these sliders. Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2005, 02:37 PM   #218
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
I can't hit forthe life of me with these sliders. Any suggestions?
Try this suggestion from my earlier post:

- Patience is key with hitting. At first I thought the user hitting was a little underpowered but if you connect on a pitch you are waiting for, you will hit the ball hard. My approach to hitting is to look for a fastball in a specific spot until I have 2 strikes. The cpu throws a lot of their breaking pitches for balls so you really get deep into counts by doing this. Once you get 2 strikes you then have to protect more and try to foul stuff off until you get a hittable pitch. Last game I walked 7 times using this approach.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 2

I understand the point of fouling pitches off in etc but how do you do this on a consistent basis in the game like you would in real life? Just swing SUPER late at a pitch outside that you weren't expecting...look fastball and hope to connect on your follow through on that breaking pitch you werent expecting only to line it into the stands or dribble it foul up the line?
Old 02-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #220
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Try this suggestion from my earlier post:

- Patience is key with hitting. At first I thought the user hitting was a little underpowered but if you connect on a pitch you are waiting for, you will hit the ball hard. My approach to hitting is to look for a fastball in a specific spot until I have 2 strikes. The cpu throws a lot of their breaking pitches for balls so you really get deep into counts by doing this. Once you get 2 strikes you then have to protect more and try to foul stuff off until you get a hittable pitch. Last game I walked 7 times using this approach.
Yea Im with camulos, but sometimes even if your patient you wont get walks like the last game I posted. Buehrle's stuff was very much on, and I got two bloop opposite field doubles and that is how I really got my runs. Plus if the Ump is callin the outside pitch the pitcher really shines and there are not many walks to be had.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:54 PM   #221
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike47
I understand the point of fouling pitches off in etc but how do you do this on a consistent basis in the game like you would in real life? Just swing SUPER late at a pitch outside that you weren't expecting...look fastball and hope to connect on your follow through on that breaking pitch you werent expecting only to line it into the stands or dribble it foul up the line?
It's all about the swing timing. When you get 2 strikes on you, you should be swinging at anything close. My strategy is to continue looking for a harder pitch, (white or purple) rather than trying to adjust to every pitch they throw. This inevitably throws my timing off for the slower pitches. If I see an offspeed pitch, (red or green) I just leave the stick centered and take a hack at it if its close, but because my timing is off it's usually a foul ball. If they keep throwing breaking stuff you may strike out but hopefully you will get a fastball that you can handle. I usually leave the left stick centered when I have two strikes so when I do manage to get a hit, its a ground ball or liner right up the middle. It also seems like with the left stick centered your hitter doesn't swing and miss as much as you do when aiming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #222
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slizeezyc
Yea Im with camulos, but sometimes even if your patient you wont get walks like the last game I posted. Buehrle's stuff was very much on, and I got two bloop opposite field doubles and that is how I really got my runs. Plus if the Ump is callin the outside pitch the pitcher really shines and there are not many walks to be had.
I love how some pitchers pound the zone like they do in real life. I only managed 1 walk off Mussina when I faced him but have gotten up to 7 against others.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:11 PM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
It's all about the swing timing. When you get 2 strikes on you, you should be swinging at anything close. My strategy is to continue looking for a harder pitch, (white or purple) rather than trying to adjust to every pitch they throw. This inevitably throws my timing off for the slower pitches. If I see an offspeed pitch, (red or green) I just leave the stick centered and take a hack at it if its close, but because my timing is off it's usually a foul ball. If they keep throwing breaking stuff you may strike out but hopefully you will get a fastball that you can handle. I usually leave the left stick centered when I have two strikes so when I do manage to get a hit, its a ground ball or liner right up the middle. It also seems like with the left stick centered your hitter doesn't swing and miss as much as you do when aiming.
I'm still not seeing these different colors for different pitches. I know I have it turned on (99% sure) but am not sure where I'm suppose to actually see this? Isn't it the pitchers hand or something when he is about to release?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:11 PM   #224
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm using the latest sliders, and I enjoy them alot. However, In my Cubs dynasty, Prior, Wood, and Zambrano get down to like 30% stamina in the 5th inning with only like 50-60 pitches thrown. I would increase user stamina, but I'm afraid that will let them go 9 innings easily. Has anyone else had this issue?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »