Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #265
W*nn*b* *S St*ff

x94blair33's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

I haven't had THAT many walks. Even with the CPU pitching where it is now. I did walk 6 times against CC Sabathia but he also only allowed 4 hits.

Last season he had one game with 6 walks, 2 with 5 and several with 4.

Brad Radke did have 3 walks against me last night though and he only had one game of 3 walks all last season.

Either way, it's a huge improvement over other games other years. What a joy to see my team with different OBP and AVG....it's a miracle!

Nick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 1

Excellent job, Pared. Once again you deliver. I'm using the White Sox with these sliders without any changes of my own and it's been going great. I just have a couple of problems. As you said, feedback is the key.

-The pitch counts when pitching to the cpu are too low. I rarely get into deep counts when the CPU is batting, and it's not uncommon for me to get 4-8 pitch innings. My starters usually only throw about eleven pitches per inning max, and that's when I'm lucky. During the seventh inning or so, my starters usually have only thrown around 65-75 pitches when that number should be in the 90s or 100s by now. This is mostly due to the CPU swinging on the first or second pitches on the majority of at-bats.

-I'm not giving up any walks. After four games in owner mode, I have given up a total of one walk. ;_;

-I think I'm walking a little too much. I average 4-5 a game.

Other than those complaints, everything's been going great. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by GamerOfTheWorld; 03-01-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #267
MVP

OVR: 6

I think we need to address human pitch counts a bit. I have played about 10 games, with no one going over 100 pitches. Now I dont go too deep into games, but the pitch counts just dont go too high. Maybe make the CPU a little less swing happy.This will be something interesting to see what everyone thinks.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #268
Rookie

do you think these sliders will work on starter(the level down from all star). im gonna work my way up to all star.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #269
Rookie

Talking Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerOfTheWorld
-I'm not giving up any walks. After four games in owner mode, I have given up a total of one walk. ;_;
D'oh! I just realized I had Human control at 50 instead of -50, so take this with a grain of salt.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:19 PM   #270
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I think we need to address human pitch counts a bit. I have played about 10 games, with no one going over 100 pitches. Now I dont go too deep into games, but the pitch counts just dont go too high. Maybe make the CPU a little less swing happy.This will be something interesting to see what everyone thinks.
I pretty much always get their pitcher to at least 90 if not 100 pitches. I end up anywhere from 75-100+ depending on how accurate I am and if the computer likes to hack that particular game. Most of the time, I end up giving some runs up around the 85 mark since my accuracy zone is so small by then and I have to let up on the power a little.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:24 PM   #271
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerOfTheWorld
Excellent job, Pared. Once again you deliver. I'm using the White Sox with these sliders without any changes of my own and it's been going great. I just have a couple of problems. As you said, feedback is the key.

-The pitch counts when pitching to the cpu are too low. I rarely get into deep counts when the CPU is batting, and it's not uncommon for me to get 4-8 pitch innings. My starters usually only throw about eleven pitches per inning max, and that's when I'm lucky. During the seventh inning or so, my starters usually have only thrown around 65-75 pitches when that number should be in the 90s or 100s by now. This is mostly due to the CPU swinging on the first or second pitches on the majority of at-bats.

-I think I'm walking a little too much. I average 4-5 a game.

Other than those complaints, everything's been going great. Keep up the good work!

The low pitch counts when pitching to the CPU is the biggest issue with this game. It seems to be a lot better with the CPU swing slider set at -50. Try this and see if it works out for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #272
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The low pitch counts when pitching to the CPU is the biggest issue with this game. It seems to be a lot better with the CPU swing slider set at -50. Try this and see if it works out for you.
OR you could :::Gasp::: try doing a little homework on each batter and look at their plate discipline ratings. If you see someone with low discipline, or a good hitter, try throwing a ball first.

I am using the Orioles. Granted, their pitching isn't top notch, but I haven't had a starter (inlcuding Ponson) make it out of the 7th yet. I am ALWAYS around 100 pitches in the 6th or 7th inning. I am 8 games into my dynasty.

You really wanna start throwing more balls? Up the CPU Power. I don't need to, because I actually fear the CPU hitting. See what happens when you don't worry about throwing balls when the CPU power is upgraded. Come back after you have lost a few games by 6-8 runs.

Also, regarding pitcher day-to-day fatigue. If you use a RP until they are in their 20-30% stamina range, it will take an extra day for them to recover. Don't use a reliever for 1-2 batters, throw only 20 pitches, and expect them to be completely worn out the next day. Also, don't forget days off count, so if you have an off day between games, your players get more rest.

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 03-01-2005 at 03:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »