Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdymnd
I had been wondering about turning the pitching cursor off... do all of you leave the vibration on to kind of "tell" you where the edge of the strike zone is? I could not figure out how in the heck people could turn the pitching cursor off and still pitch well..
You tend to get a feel for the strike zone, this is the 1st time I have tried with pitch cursor, strike zone and hot/cold zone off but it is AWESOME.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #346
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Pared,

thank you for putting up the next version as always it's appreciated. just one question in putting the steal numbers at a negative, do you still get stolen bases on you as well as you yourself getting stolen bases? thanks again ..........sjj2xs
Old 03-06-2005, 02:04 AM   #347
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

Has anyone tried these on Pro? If so how well do they work? I've been using them on all-star and love em but I can't hit for poo.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:11 AM   #348
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

One thing I've noticed about hitting, how far you push the stick in a direction has an effect as well. I tried a couple of games pushing the stick all the way in the direction that I wanted to swing, and I wasn't having much success, I was averaging 7 hits a game. By just pushing the stick halfway in the direction I wanted to, for whatever reason, I was just mashing the ball, averaging 12 hits a game. It may just be coincidence, but y'all might wanna try this.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:11 AM   #349
Rookie

blkdymnd's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 173
Pared, I am having a problem. I play with the Yankees. Firstly, your sliders for baserunning seem very good as I can no longer steal at will with Womack, Jeter, and A-Rod.
However, my power numbers are insane. Through 34 games, Sheffield has 14 dingers and Matsui and Posada have 10 each. They are all on pace to hit 50+ homers. Everything else seems good as the CPU is scoring and hitting homers and putting up a challenge. I see that on your new slider scheme, you raised user contact and power, which I strongly disagree with due to the fact that these players already are on record paces. Do you have any suggestions in order to lower their HR totals??

By the way, great work on the sliders. Everything else seems good.

Have you checked thier lockers for the "cream" or the "clear"??
Old 03-06-2005, 02:39 AM   #350
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm still of the opinion that User Pitcher Stamina is too low - even with these settings I had Livan Hernandez (Stamina 99) at about 50% in the 4th or 5th in a game where he didnt allow particularly many walks or hits
Old 03-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #351
All Star

OVR: 20

Just had a heartbreaking loss with the Metropolitans. I mounted a 7-1 comeback in the 8th inning after a David Wright home run made it 7-5. In the 9th inning, I got bases loaded with Mota on the mound, but then Piazza and Floyd choked, and I lost. Mets at 3-7 in my dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2005, 02:50 AM   #352
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

I love the updated set. Just played a game with my Sox against the Yanks in Fenway and lost 10-9. Pitching matchup was Matt Clement vs Carl Pavano. Rivera came in the ninth to shut the door, 1-2-3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »