Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #361
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

I still just blow at hitting. Would bumping up the user contact and power help me out some more and be the only things I should need to fiddle with? Other than this everything else is perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 3

pared, i just pitched a shutout with kevin millwood, although it seemed way to easy, it was against the dangerous ranger's offense. again, i'm not walking anyone, and pitching is still very easy. do you play with vibration on or off?
Old 03-06-2005, 05:04 PM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pared, good work on the sliders.

I lost 6-2 to the Pirates but I'm noticing a big change with these sliders. I noticed my pitcher(Chris Carpenter) stamina wasn't up there in the 3rd-4th innings. His stamina was down in the late 6th-early 7th inning. I should've pulled him earlier since I was ahead 2-0 in the top of the 7th.

Each team had one error. The 2B Bobby Hill got the runner out on 2B but when he threw to 1B Chris Wilson, Hill was charged for the error then Wilson threw an errant pass to try to get Pujols out on 2B and threw it all the way to the outfield so I scored my first run.

I finally was able to steal a base for the first time by SS David Eckstein.

I really have to work on my plate disclipine. Van Benschoten struck out 9 batters in 7 innings of work and I struck out 2 batters. That's terrible!
Old 03-06-2005, 05:19 PM   #364
MVP

LanteriX's Arena

OVR: 15

Nice sliders.

The only thing I changed for me is lowered my contact and power back to 0 because I seem to have a hold of the hitting, so the 14 and 7 were too high for me. Other than that, they are perfect.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:28 PM   #365
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is my first post here. I have been using Jistic's sliders for a while and I have been having good games (17-10 with the Nationals - Fantasty Draft - Owners Mode) but decided to give your sliders a try cause they were really good for last years game. I have played 3 games using your sliders and they are really good again. Thanks for all the time you put into these. The problem I'm having and I'm not sure if anybody else is seeing this or not but I'm singling the computer to death. My last 3 games have been:

9 Runs on 18 hits
6 runs on 13 hits
5 runs on 12 hits

so thats 43 hits in the last 3 games but that has been 1 triple, 2 homeruns, and 40 SINGLES. I mean I'm winning and it's helping my Averages alot but it starting to get frustrating getting no extra base hits. Is there anything you can think of to maybe fix this? Posibily raise user power and lower user contact or maybe lowering CPU outfield speed? What would you recommend? Any help would be greatful cause other wisw these are great sliders and all other aspects is spot on. Just need something to fix this one little aspect of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2005, 05:50 PM   #366
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon
This is my first post here. I have been using Jistic's sliders for a while and I have been having good games (17-10 with the Nationals - Fantasty Draft - Owners Mode) but decided to give your sliders a try cause they were really good for last years game. I have played 3 games using your sliders and they are really good again. Thanks for all the time you put into these. The problem I'm having and I'm not sure if anybody else is seeing this or not but I'm singling the computer to death. My last 3 games have been:

9 Runs on 18 hits
6 runs on 13 hits
5 runs on 12 hits

so thats 43 hits in the last 3 games but that has been 1 triple, 2 homeruns, and 40 SINGLES. I mean I'm winning and it's helping my Averages alot but it starting to get frustrating getting no extra base hits. Is there anything you can think of to maybe fix this? Posibily raise user power and lower user contact or maybe lowering CPU outfield speed? What would you recommend? Any help would be greatful cause other wisw these are great sliders and all other aspects is spot on. Just need something to fix this one little aspect of the game.

all my runs been coming off a solo shots lol I get some singles and like 1 double a game, and sumetimes get a 3 bager(once in a great while)
Old 03-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #367
MVP

LanteriX's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm seeing one problem right now. The CPU doesn't want to take their pitchers out, and they are getting shelled because of it. Pavano was left in into the 7th after he had thrown 95 pitches, and had very little to no stamina left and then i scored 5 runs before they pulled him. Same thing is happening with Jarret Wright right now. He is at 107 pitches, in the 7th and I have 11 hits off him and they won't pull him.

So my question is what should I adjust to get the CPU to pull their pitchers?

edit: just finished the inning. Wright had nearly 0 stamina, and was at 114 pitches. He gave up 3 runs and 5 hits in the inning, and they would not pull him. They got an inning ending double play, but he's still in the game. This is going to be a gamekiller eventually for me, if they dont start pulling the CPU pitchers when they start getting rocked, because it will be a good game into the late innings then they'll run out of gas and get shelled.

Last edited by LanteriX; 03-06-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #368
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Well, first of all, stop playing as the Yankees. Let's Go Mets!

Hehe... anyway, the contact and power numbers are admittingly for the average person who can't seem to generate offense. I actually still have my sliders at default (0) for those two, and am experiencing the same thing.

IOW, keep your contact and user powers the same, since you get the hitting system.
Pared, thanks for the new sliders, nice work. I have only played a few games with them as well but think they are an improvement. However, I also think the user Contact and Power are a bit high, and by your comment you think so too. So if I lower them, show they be lowered in the same 2-1 Contact/Power ratio?

Also, do you think the current CPU power/contact levels are where they need to be, or should they be adjust in relation to the Human levels.

BTW, it could be my pitching but I'm not seeing a lot of small ball, most runs scored via HR's.

Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »