Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #369
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanteriX
I'm seeing one problem right now. The CPU doesn't want to take their pitchers out, and they are getting shelled because of it. Pavano was left in into the 7th after he had thrown 95 pitches, and had very little to no stamina left and then i scored 5 runs before they pulled him. Same thing is happening with Jarret Wright right now. He is at 107 pitches, in the 7th and I have 11 hits off him and they won't pull him.

So my question is what should I adjust to get the CPU to pull their pitchers?

edit: just finished the inning. Wright had nearly 0 stamina, and was at 114 pitches. He gave up 3 runs and 5 hits in the inning, and they would not pull him. They got an inning ending double play, but he's still in the game. This is going to be a gamekiller eventually for me, if they dont start pulling the CPU pitchers when they start getting rocked, because it will be a good game into the late innings then they'll run out of gas and get shelled.
Ive seen the exact same thing going on. In my Braves dynasty, using Pareds sliders, I was hosting the Astros, and it was 1-1 heading into the 9th. The Astros brought in Brad Lidge, who shut me down and took it to extra innings. Im thinking, maybe he'll pitch another but chances are I wont have to face him much more thank God. But the computer proceeds to pitch Lidge for the next 6 innings straight. I did nothing, no runs, only a few hits here and there, but I did wear him down really bad. In the 16th they bring in Chad Harville b/c Lidge is unable to pitch any longer. I dont think Harville is more than a 1 inning guy but he went 4 and 2/3 against me till I finally won in the 21st off a Chipper Jones homerun. I suck at hitting if you couldnt tell b/c both pitchers were just dead and I couldnt do anything off them until the very end. By the way, the next game, Lidge came in for the save and had no stamina whatsoever, got one out, then had to come out of the game due to injury. It turned out he tore a muscle in his arm and is out for 2 months now.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:41 PM   #370
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman11747
Do you have like a conversion chart for what the Power should be set to for various Pitch Speeds? If you did thatd be awesome... thanks

I could try and come up with one...

To be quite honest, I don't believe we would need one this year. The game doesn't have the same problems 2004 did, and I believe the developers accounted for that...
Yes, last year I remember having to adjust power when pitch speeds were altered, a real pain.

Pared, why do you think this is not necessary this year? I know you have done a lot of testing so it would be good to know and one less thing to think about when adjusting sliders.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #371
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Can't wait to try them Pared, thanks for all the effort.

Just out of curiousity, what are the side effects of upping the pitch speed slider to try and replicate a challenging fastball? If I put it at +10 for example to really emulate a high heater, how would it alter the CPU's performance at the plate, power numbers for both, or anything else you think may be involved. I turn on fastballs too often and want to get that overpowering feeling back to the batters box. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2005, 09:53 PM   #372
MVP

OVR: 13

I think that it is becoming too easy to hit home runs especially on fast balls thrown high or up and in. Some slider adjustments may be needed to reduce home runs.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #373
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I think that it is becoming too easy to hit home runs especially on fast balls thrown high or up and in. Some slider adjustments may be needed to reduce home runs.
As Pared stated earlier, he is still playing with User Contact/Power at 0/0, even though he posted the sliders at 7/7. The 7/7 are for people who haven't got the hand of hitting yet.

Move your sliders back to 0/0 for the User. That should fix issues with people hitting too much.

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #374
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the hard work with the sliders, but I'm getting killed. I was 0-4 with version .5 (scores avg around 9-1); now I just fired up a game with the new ones:
boston sux 9 12 0
Yanks 0 0 0
top of the 5th.
the unit is getting shelled (3 hr).

I understand that I probably stink, but what adj can I make to make thing more competetive. maybe lower CPU power and user pitch meter diff??

any help you can provide would be great.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:42 PM   #375
Pro

OVR: 8

has anyone else not been having power trouble? just played the M's and Bellhorn, Renteria, Mueller, Millar, and Damon all homered in one game. im thinking about lowering the batting power. keeping it at the version .5 numbers helped me hit more realistic #'s

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #376
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks for the sliders Pared...looking good

I personally might raise the CPU Catch Effort as I saw a few good infielders just watch a catchable ball go right pass them

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »