Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #377
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanteriX
Nice sliders.

The only thing I changed for me is lowered my contact and power back to 0 because I seem to have a hold of the hitting, so the 14 and 7 were too high for me. Other than that, they are perfect.
Can you please explain more? Like what batter's view do you use? Also, you said you have good power numbers with 0 settings. I could only get singles/doubles using those. I could never hit a HR.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:31 PM   #378
MVP

LanteriX's Arena

OVR: 15

I use the hitter's eye view, I think it's the first one. I have 9 home runs through 10 games. I didn't have any the first 3 games, but once I got a hang of it I started hitting more. Personally, I'd much rather play the small ball kind of way and hit a bunch of doubles, singles etc. Through 10 games Ramirez has 2 HRs and 11 RBIs, which pans out when you multiply it by 16, to about 32 homers, and 160 RBIs. The RBI total is a little high but the home run total looks good. Even Ortiz, 16 times 3= 48 HRs 8 times 16= 128 RBIs, to that's also on. When you think about it your not supposed to be cranking a lot of home runs right away. People are expecting too much power too fast. It should even itself out.

Also, Pared, about the managers pulling their pitchers, I'm not really sure what to think now. The Devil rays did it right after the yankees screwed it up. Fossum went 7 innings, then they put in a setup man, and then went to the closer, just like they should. I think maybe the pitchers with the higher stamina ratings get left in too long. I'm pretty sure Pavano has a stamina of 98 as does Jarret Wright. I'll look into it some more.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #379
MVP

OVR: 11

ive been playing on pro in my owner's mode and in my second season crawfor has 100 speed and even when i take as many leads as u can and the pitcher throws a 65 mph curveball i can't steal 2nd

i haven't used these yet but it must be impossible to steal with the baserunning stats lowered and on all-star

any more tips on how steal with these sliders

i usually wait for a count like 3-1 or sumthin and take 2 leads with crawford and go and hell still get picked off wen the pitchers throwing something off speed
Old 03-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #380
Rookie

OVR: 1

Double plays were ok with your last sliders man. But I do understand some others had issues. My team has hard throwing infielders on the left and middle sides (Braves)

Offense was ok also. But at times it was hard to hit.

I've had only a few injuries. Im actually considering increasing them as they very rarely happen for me. To I go to the positives or negatives to do that?

I've been pretty good with steals, though some never get thrown out (Furcal). Andruw Jones did half the time, same with Marcus Giles.

I personally thought your first edition was great, but I know you are updating as many others have complaints. In any case, thanks alot dude.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:59 AM   #381
Rookie

MaricopaMetFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdtarheeler
The Astros brought in Brad Lidge, who shut me down and took it to extra innings. Im thinking, maybe he'll pitch another but chances are I wont have to face him much more thank God. But the computer proceeds to pitch Lidge for the next 6 innings straight.
Lidge must have a rubber arm, they pitched him SEVEN innings against me a few nights ago. He batted twice! Meanwhile, I'm buring through my pen, and finally put the long man (Ginter) in around the 12th. I had one other reliever (Strickland) who had warmed up already and was in the pen for an inning, but I was getting desparate until they pulled Lidge for Burba. Burba proceeds to throw eight straight strikes, then a ball, and finally a Cameron walk-off HR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2005, 03:03 AM   #382
Rookie

OVR: 3

pared, can you PLEASE post the exact sliders and settings that you are currently playing with. you know, camera, vibration, all that stuff. i just want to see what your playing with so i can see the sliders from your point of view. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #383
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
As Pared stated earlier, he is still playing with User Contact/Power at 0/0, even though he posted the sliders at 7/7. The 7/7 are for people who haven't got the hand of hitting yet.

Move your sliders back to 0/0 for the User. That should fix issues with people hitting too much.
I hear you Mill, but I haven't seen a prob with the CPU power, if you make a mistake, they make you pay.

That said, I am trying to figure out why the CPU power was addressed in this latest release.

LA's Choi hit a changeup pitch 482 ft.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #384
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx74xx
I hear you Mill, but I haven't seen a prob with the CPU power, if you make a mistake, they make you pay.

That said, I am trying to figure out why the CPU power was addressed in this latest release.

LA's Choi hit a changeup pitch 482 ft.
I personally have taken both User and CPU Contact and Power back to 0. I saw Brady Clark take an Oliver Perez outside fastball 453 feet to right field (opposite field) with the power boost for the CPU.

Everything else in Pared's set is spot on, but I feel like User/CPU Contact/Power is going to be different for everyone. Just the idea of how good each individual is at pitching and such.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »