Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #393
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Best game ever on these sliders!

I lost 7-4 using the Red Sox as the Orioles closers almost blew it. Jorge Julio walked 3 guys and was replaced by BJ Ryan, who gave up a blast with 2 on down 3 runs...only for Bigbie to go up and bring it back, robbing Varitek of an equalizing home run and ending the game! Wow.

I drew 5 walks being very patient and can't say enough about how the computer punishes mistake pitches and those that are up in the zone. I wasn't giving up runs before, and now I'm finally losing. I'm hoping to generate some high run outputs...I'm playing on default (0) for user contact and power as recommended so that I can have something to get better at. This is fun.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:24 AM   #394
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

YES!! LOVE these sliders I had previously won 17 of 18 on default now Im 3-4 with these. Much better stats also trying MVP fielding alot harder on grounders I love it missed a few easy ones. Cost me a gm but Im sure Ill get used to it.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #395
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Had a couple great games last night with the new slider ( and a couple personal tweaks). First game, I was the Orioles against the White Sox. Was trailing 4-0 going to the 7th, crallied for 4 runs to tie it, ubt my bullpen blew it (freakin' Julio...) and was down 7-4 going to the last of the 9th. Was able to scratch one run back, but Tejada couldn't come up big for me, lost 7-5.

Next game, I was Atlanta against Colorado. Had Smoltz on the mound, and forst inning, Helton went deep on me, 1-0. Bottom of the 1st, Chacon pitching for COL, I lit him up for 5 runs, 6 hits!! First time I've been able to bat around in an inning! Andruw Jones went deep for a two-run shot, and I was feeling good!! Both pitchers settled down after that. My bullpen tried to blow this lead, as well, but I held on 6-4 after giving up 2 runs in the ninth (freakin' Reitsma...). Two great games though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #396
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
YES!! LOVE these sliders I had previously won 17 of 18 on default now Im 3-4 with these. Much better stats also trying MVP fielding alot harder on grounders I love it missed a few easy ones. Cost me a gm but Im sure Ill get used to it.
You tried MVP Fielding? What exactly do you mean by that? Is there a different fielding mode?

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:30 AM   #397
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm starting to think the CPU Power slider doesn't mean much. I set it at -50 vs the tigers just to see if I would still give up HRs and I gave up 3. I have no problem giving one up to Pudge, but I don't like seeing Alex Sanchez and Fernando Vina hitting 425 foot bombs so much.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #398
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
I'm starting to think the CPU Power slider doesn't mean much. I set it at -50 vs the tigers just to see if I would still give up HRs and I gave up 3. I have no problem giving one up to Pudge, but I don't like seeing Alex Sanchez and Fernando Vina hitting 425 foot bombs so much.
I think it works in conjunction with the contact slider. If the cpu doesn't make great contact, maybe they don't drive the ball as far with the lower power slider. Just grasping at straws here.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #399
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, what exactly does "MVP" fielding mean... there's another "MVP" setting too... what's the difference between that and manual?

I'm always taking custom orders! Let me know what you want and we'll go from there.
http://community.webshots.com/user/agentq16
Old 03-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #400
Rookie

OVR: 4
Smile Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

So can anyone post an updated Sliders list for those of us who don't want to read 40 pages!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »