Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #417
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydsox
I finally had a break out game versus the Yankees with the Red Sox. I usually get about 5-7 hits a game, thats it. I don't see many doubles or triples, just HR's and singles like everyone else, But this time I was hitting Jared Wright all over the place. I banged out 15 hits and scored 11 runs in the game. I had 5 doubles, 1 Triple, and Kevin Millar went 5 for 5 and hit for the cycle! Mueller had a homerun for me and Ortiz had two doubles. The final score for 11-5 with the yankees getting 12 hits of their own. The point is, I was hitting line drive gappers, off the wall shots, down the line shots for doubles, it was great, my best offensive game yet.

I used USER contact 0 CPU contact 0 USER power 5 CPU power 0

I also made little changes here and there, but otherwise sliders are great so far!! Thank You!
I was having the problem with no doubles as well. I lowered the CPU OF speed to -10. I am also growing tired of the numerous lineouts to the infielders. I lowered their speed to -10 also. Problem solved. My first game was Indians vs. Twins. Probably the best all around game I've played since I've had the game. Twins 7 Indians 4. The Twinks had 4 doubles and the Indians had 2. Each team had a solo HR and the game was tied 4-4 in the 8th when the Twins exploded for 3.

Give it and shot. It's worth a try.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:56 PM   #418
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pared, does it make any difference with your sliders if I turned on the strike zone? I'm having a difficult time with hitting, especially scoring runs.

I'm also questioning the stamina for pitchers. For me, my pitcher(Jason Marquis) tired out pretty quickly(5th-6th inning).

My plate discipline has improved just a touch, but I still need to work on it. Without the strike zone, it makes it more difficult for me to read whether to swing or not. That's most likely why I'm having problems.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:00 PM   #419
MVP

OVR: 6

Look at Marquis Stamina he is SO low for a starter.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #420
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Look at Marquis Stamina he is SO low for a starter.
um, my game has his stamina at 89, so....you might have edited it accidentally
Old 03-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #421
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
Pared, does it make any difference with your sliders if I turned on the strike zone? I'm having a difficult time with hitting, especially scoring runs.

I'm also questioning the stamina for pitchers. For me, my pitcher(Jason Marquis) tired out pretty quickly(5th-6th inning).

My plate discipline has improved just a touch, but I still need to work on it. Without the strike zone, it makes it more difficult for me to read whether to swing or not. That's most likely why I'm having problems.

I was having a bit of problem as well. Try lowering the pitch speed a few notches. It helped me alot.

Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #422
MVP

OVR: 6

Weird mine has him at 56 and i haven't even been in edit player once...
Old 03-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #423
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I was having a bit of problem as well. Try lowering the pitch speed a few notches. It helped me alot.

Good luck.
A problem with this though is that if you lower the pitch speed, it will become increasingly more difficult to hit home runs unless you up the power slider. Thats the way the physics engine runs in this game it is directly tied into pitch speed and momentum.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #424
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pared and/or for anyone who wants a touch-up:

I used Dolfan349's from GameFAQs slider tweaks and I must say, they're impressive. I finally won a game.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...9643766&page=6

Try it and see what results you have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »