Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I was having a bit of problem as well. Try lowering the pitch speed a few notches. It helped me alot.

Good luck.
Do you mind giving me your pitch speed so I can use it for mine? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2005, 12:06 AM   #426
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbirney
chaos81, i don't believe i asked you...pared, what cameras are you using and are you using vibration?
You asked a question, I answered part of it that I knew to be true. I'll never answer a question of yours again if it makes you feel better.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:25 AM   #427
Rookie

OVR: 3

i specifically asked PARED what options he was using, so i don't know why you answered, don't tell me that doesn't make any sense to you...
Old 03-09-2005, 01:30 AM   #428
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
Do you mind giving me your pitch speed so I can use it for mine? Thanks!
-20. As was said in an earlier post you may have to tweak the contact and power sliders.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:18 AM   #429
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHill
I disagree with this. I have the vibrate on to help me with walks. I had Brett Myers walk 6 in a game with me pitching. You simply need something to help throw balls so you don't serve up a smorgasbork for the CPU hitters.

Nearly every pitch I throw is vibrating.
Hmm, that is a very interesting concept GHill. I too am looking to gain more walks with my pitchers to help balance out the realism. I recall last years a person coming up with a set of rules in order to help create more walks with pitchers. I believe he left either vibration or the strike zone on. His rule was simple. Always work the corners. Which makes sense as most pitchers in MLB always work the corners. They rarely come right at you unless they are the dominant type pitchers such as Woods, Johnson and what not. But the majority of pitchers work the corners and sometimes make mistake pitches which either get taken, hit, fouled or crushed. I think I will try turning everything off but leaving vibration on and just working those corners. Ofcourse, sometimes you throw out of the K zone completely to keep CPU hitters honest so hopefully this can balance things out. I would like to know how you do in terms of walks.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #430
Rookie

Hi guys
First want to say, thx for tweaking the game thats whats makes it special each year,
After readin all the posts i see no one having my problem.. is it me or is too easy to hit homeruns?
with this slider tweaks all ido is aim to pull high, then wait for pitch in center and bam...almost 70% of the time its a home run..this is on all-star...man..ive never been a "great" sport game payer so idont know whats going on...did i all of sudden becopme great>?,,this is freakin me out...shoul;d i just deal with it and lower my user power to make the game more realistic...

any feadback would be great

peace
jon
Old 03-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #431
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
-20. As was said in an earlier post you may have to tweak the contact and power sliders.
Just out of curiousity, what are your updated contact/power sliders with the -20 pitch speed? Does it come with accurate results? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #432
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quick ? to anyone:

Is the user pitch meter difficulty simply a function of the user's ability (i.e. hand/eye coordination, sight etc) to hit the correct spots on the meter. If so, can this slider be editted to adjust to a user's (lack of) skill and not effect the quality of the gameplay as set by pared.

thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »