Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbirney
yea, chaos, i thought he changed em, but i wanted to make sure, and people are still complaining about pitcher stamina, i just wanted to know if pared was goign to change anything. actually, i think its ok, i pitched ~ 110 pitches with chris carpenter through 7 innings. i had about 32 stamina. also what really helps are timely visits to the mound, they can get you through the game. if you pitch a shutout, or a CG, you will probably need at least 3 positive mound visits.

PS-right now i am having the best games i have ever had, i am nibbleing the corners with my pitchers, and if you pitch with the behind-the-pitcher camera, with vibration off, you will throw some walks, and it really reminds me of my high school baseball days. best game ever. btw, btp cam is what pared uses, so if the master uses it, then its gotta be good, right
Old 03-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #450
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbirney
no, those are not the sliders he is playing with. he said he has the power and contant for cpu and human different, i also wanted to know what his slider for the CPU taking pitches is at. btw, this question is directed at pared.
Just trying to help. Might want to PM him if the question is only directed at him and you don't want anyone else in the OS community to help out!!

He also seems to be in the MLB forum a lot of the time now. Probably has set MVP aside to give MLB a good run and I'm not sure he's paying much attention to the MVP forum right now.

IMO just use whatever feels comfortable for those sliders. Pared's a good guy and good at sliders, but I've never quite understood where this Holy Grail mentality comes from!

Last edited by mjb2124; 03-10-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:12 AM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Just trying to help. Might want to PM him if the question is only directed at him and you don't want anyone else in the OS community to help out!!

He also seems to be in the MLB forum a lot of the time now. Probably has set MVP aside to give MLB a good run and I'm not sure he's paying much attention to the MVP forum right now.

IMO just use whatever feels comfortable for those sliders. Pared's a good guy and good at sliders, but I've never quite understood where this Holy Grail mentality comes from!
good idea! thanks i forgot about pm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2005, 03:05 AM   #452
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok guys, I am happy with the following adjustment to the CPU power slider:

CPU Power: -25

Yup, your reading it right, this provided exactly what I was looking for, you can challenge a hitter in his hot zone. This is based on a theory I have in regards to slider vs the difficulty rating. The slider at ZERO reflects All Star level, while the slider at 50 reflects Rookie level, so using this theory, I came up with the aformentioned setting.

The key here is players that still have enough pop to jack one out, can still do so, and the non-HR hitters still make great contact, and can get some nice gitty up on their hits also (yes, if you make a mistake, they will still make you pay, and depending on the pitch location, it will vary from a single, to a HR, but IMO, it is proportioned to the POWER traits/ratings that each player employs.

That said, you CAN'T just throw balls down the middle and get outs, you must still work the hitter, and pick your spots when to challenge them.

Keep in mind I also have Human/CPU contact, and Human Power at ZERO.

Give this a shot guys, see if it's to your liking.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #453
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
Just out of curiousity, what are your updated contact/power sliders with the -20 pitch speed? Does it come with accurate results? Thanks.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I now have my pitch speed setting at -30.
To try to compensate, I have my Contact/power setting at 12/6 and the cpu contact/power setting at 18/6.

A couple of games last night.

Game 1 Balt at Wash (me) (Lopez vs. Loaiza)

Orioles win 3-1. Miggie went deep in the first. The O's added a run in the sixth on a Sosa RBI single. In the bottom of the 7th the Nats get on back on a homer by Sledge (439ft?!). The O's put the game away in the ninth with a single run. Baltimore had 8 hits I had 7.

Game 2 Texas at Oakland (me) (Astacio vs. Haren)

Texas 9 Oakland 5

The A's jump out to a 3-0 lead in the first. The key hits were a 2 run homer by Chavez and a solo shot by Hatteberg. The Rangers respond in the second on a 2 run homer by Mench. Trailing 4-2 in the 5th the Rangers break through for 3 with the big hit being a 2 run double down the left field line by Blaylock. The score was 5-4 until the 7th when with 2 out and sacks packed, Hidalgo hits a bases clearing double to make it 8-4.

The BAD

Termell Sledge hitting a 439ft. homer ........hmmm

The GOOD

The Rangers had 1 HR in scoring nine runs and 6 doubles.
The pitch counts are good.

What I'm trying to get is varying scores based on who's pitching and also varying hit types. I've felt that there were way too many bombs and singles. I was also striking out way too much To try to get what I need, I've lowered all of the fielder speeds to -17 to try to get more extra base hits, lowered the pitch speed to -30 to cut down on the strikeouts, slightly increased the power to compensate for the reduced pitch speeds and dropped the control rate of the CPU pitcher along with increasing the ball rate for the CPU pitcher.

I'm striking out somewhere between 5-10 times per game. Sometimes more sometimes less depending on whose pitching. I'm also drawing and throwing 3-5 walks per game. I think I still need to tweak the power sliders, but I'm getting pretty close to where I need to be.

pitch speed -30
CPU Ball Rate 20
CPU Control -20
CPU Contact/Power 18/6
USER Contact/Power 12/6
All Fielder speeds set at -17

Also note that I have the cursor on and I also keep the hot zones on as well. I'm using assisted fielding. Strike zone and vibration are obviously off. You would think it'd be too easy with the cursor and hot zones on, but it's not.

I will test more this weekend, but give them a shot and let me know how it turns out.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #454
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Update on -25 CPU Power.

Gave up a HR to JD Drew on a low curveball that he golfed 369 ft to left center, and also one to Jeff Kent that was left over the plate and hit 421 ft to left center.

All in all, this is proving to offset the AS difficulty, and get more realistic power attributes.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:25 PM   #455
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:

Yup!

Quote:
What's that you say? Dost thou smite me!?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
[OS Vets NBA 2k7 Champion]
Now Playing: TLOU: Remastered
Quote:
Operation Sports is NOT a website for you to bitch and moan about sports gaming.
That's not the meaning of constructive criticism.

*Official Miami Heat Haters Club Member #1*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2005, 06:47 PM   #456
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Sorry for the delay in responding. I now have my pitch speed setting at -30.
To try to compensate, I have my Contact/power setting at 12/6 and the cpu contact/power setting at 18/6.

A couple of games last night.

Game 1 Balt at Wash (me) (Lopez vs. Loaiza)

Orioles win 3-1. Miggie went deep in the first. The O's added a run in the sixth on a Sosa RBI single. In the bottom of the 7th the Nats get on back on a homer by Sledge (439ft?!). The O's put the game away in the ninth with a single run. Baltimore had 8 hits I had 7.

Game 2 Texas at Oakland (me) (Astacio vs. Haren)

Texas 9 Oakland 5

The A's jump out to a 3-0 lead in the first. The key hits were a 2 run homer by Chavez and a solo shot by Hatteberg. The Rangers respond in the second on a 2 run homer by Mench. Trailing 4-2 in the 5th the Rangers break through for 3 with the big hit being a 2 run double down the left field line by Blaylock. The score was 5-4 until the 7th when with 2 out and sacks packed, Hidalgo hits a bases clearing double to make it 8-4.

The BAD

Termell Sledge hitting a 439ft. homer ........hmmm

The GOOD

The Rangers had 1 HR in scoring nine runs and 6 doubles.
The pitch counts are good.

What I'm trying to get is varying scores based on who's pitching and also varying hit types. I've felt that there were way too many bombs and singles. I was also striking out way too much To try to get what I need, I've lowered all of the fielder speeds to -17 to try to get more extra base hits, lowered the pitch speed to -30 to cut down on the strikeouts, slightly increased the power to compensate for the reduced pitch speeds and dropped the control rate of the CPU pitcher along with increasing the ball rate for the CPU pitcher.

I'm striking out somewhere between 5-10 times per game. Sometimes more sometimes less depending on whose pitching. I'm also drawing and throwing 3-5 walks per game. I think I still need to tweak the power sliders, but I'm getting pretty close to where I need to be.

pitch speed -30
CPU Ball Rate 20
CPU Control -20
CPU Contact/Power 18/6
USER Contact/Power 12/6
All Fielder speeds set at -17

Also note that I have the cursor on and I also keep the hot zones on as well. I'm using assisted fielding. Strike zone and vibration are obviously off. You would think it'd be too easy with the cursor and hot zones on, but it's not.

I will test more this weekend, but give them a shot and let me know how it turns out.
Not bad sliders. I take it for the OF speed I have to set it at -17. I didn't do that but had -17 for the IFs only.
__

My first game using this sliders wasn't all that bad. Here are my stats:

MIL (CPU) 4 12 1
STL(me) 1 4 0

Matt Morris: 6 IP, 9 H, 4 ER, 1 K, 1 HR allowed.

I struck out at an astounding 9 times. I'm so inconsistent as far as hitting but that's what you get for playing on All-Star.

I want you to try something out and you let me know what you think. I've been using some minor adjustments to the sliders from another user on GameFAQs.

Stike Zone: Off
Hot/Cold Zone: Fade
Pitch Cursor: Off
Variable "Stuff": On

Pitch Speed: -5
CPU pitch control: -16
User batting contact: 20
CPU batting contact: 20
User batting power: 0
CPU batting power: -1
CPU Swing Rate: -25
CPU Steal Rate: 20

I got some real positive results using those(no disrespect with yours. It's my first game using your slight adjustments). I was on a 2 game winning streak with those. Try them and let me know what you think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »