Home

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders within the MVP Baseball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-15-2005, 03:42 PM   #481
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders

I decided to go up to all-star since I was winning too much at pro. And I have to say I'm REALLY impressed at the difficulty and with pared's sliders. I had to change the user batting to 5 because it felt too much like the pro difficulty. Also, I'm getting walked a lot. I played my first game and killed Maddux. He walked 6 batters and gave up 4 HRs. I hope that was the cause of "variable stuff."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2005, 04:55 PM   #482
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinz
I decided to go up to all-star since I was winning too much at pro. And I have to say I'm REALLY impressed at the difficulty and with pared's sliders. I had to change the user batting to 5 because it felt too much like the pro difficulty. Also, I'm getting walked a lot. I played my first game and killed Maddux. He walked 6 batters and gave up 4 HRs. I hope that was the cause of "variable stuff."
I did the same against Pedro as I said two posts ago. He's owned me before, so I really have to believe it is variable stuff at work. Pretty cool.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #483
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey pared, your sliders are great, am getting realistic results, but the only things you should work at more is adjusting the sliders that make pitchers throw more wild pitches (WP) passed balls (PB), b/c am getting less of them in the game. i played about 30+ games in mVP and i seen 5 PB and 2 WP in 30 games, all done by me. itll be greatly appreciated if in your next slider adjustments you'll fixed that problem.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #484
P*ng

OVR: 10

I like these sliders a lot, though I've made a few tweaks to taste over time. The thing I'm up against now is the CPU hitting, they just don't seem to pose much of a threat, at least not with any regularity. Anyone else having similar issues? Right now I have the CPU settings as follows: Power: 2, Contact: 10...and it's still got to go up....my standard rule of thumb when testing changes is to go one complete time through the rotation. I figure every 5 games with different pitchers it should be enough of a gauge of what to expect over the long haul. Any thoughts on this?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #485
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasman
I like these sliders a lot, though I've made a few tweaks to taste over time. The thing I'm up against now is the CPU hitting, they just don't seem to pose much of a threat, at least not with any regularity. Anyone else having similar issues? Right now I have the CPU settings as follows: Power: 2, Contact: 10...and it's still got to go up....my standard rule of thumb when testing changes is to go one complete time through the rotation. I figure every 5 games with different pitchers it should be enough of a gauge of what to expect over the long haul. Any thoughts on this?

I am having the same problems with similar sliders. I had been hitting too many homeruns, but since I decreased the user power it seems much better. The CPU hitting though is probably the main issue I am dealing with now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #486
P*ng

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I am having the same problems with similar sliders. I had been hitting too many homeruns, but since I decreased the user power it seems much better. The CPU hitting though is probably the main issue I am dealing with now.
alright, cool. so what's your thinking on adjusting the CPU hitting sliders? I'm wondering if just increasing the contact slider will get them putting enough good wood on the ball to increase their production. As is stands now, they'll mostly just single me to death, with the occasional HR mixed in. I'm looking for hard hit balls, be they gappers, shots off the wall, down the line etcetera. Just an overall increase in ferocity
Old 03-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #487
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
alright, cool. so what's your thinking on adjusting the CPU hitting sliders? I'm wondering if just increasing the contact slider will get them putting enough good wood on the ball to increase their production. As is stands now, they'll mostly just single me to death, with the occasional HR mixed in. I'm looking for hard hit balls, be they gappers, shots off the wall, down the line etcetera. Just an overall increase in ferocity

Try increasing the CPU contact slider.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #488
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
what is your pitch meter at? I use contact of 12 and power 0 and gave up homeruns to willie bloomquest and some other SS/2b with no power. I liked this because i made a mistake pitch in the red. With these settings mistake pitches will kill you. Unless, your pitcher is on a roll. I have found that pitchers can do no wrong when they get in a groove. if you throw a mistake pich down the pipe to a power hitter it will be a line drive to the 3rd base. sort of cool i think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Sliders »